June 2016 Moms

The palate of a 6 year old

2»

Re: The palate of a 6 year old

• Grilled cheese (sourdough with havardi and basil with a little sirracha ketchup), and cereal, that's mostly what I live on. Oddly now I want a grilled peanut butter sandwich, is that a thing?

All I know is that I'm going to make that a thing if it's not.
  • joose159 said:
    Grilled cheese (sourdough with havardi and basil with a little sirracha ketchup), and cereal, that's mostly what I live on. Oddly now I want a grilled peanut butter sandwich, is that a thing?

It absolutely is a thing.  I have a sandwich press (this one actually: https://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-25408-Sandwich-Toaster/dp/B001YI459O) that I make them in.  Amazing.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Loading the player...
  • Mr0616Mr0616 member
    edited November 2015
    NicknShan said:

joose159 said:

Grilled cheese (sourdough with havardi and basil with a little sirracha ketchup), and cereal, that's mostly what I live on.

Oddly now I want a grilled peanut butter sandwich, is that a thing?

It absolutely is a thing.  I have a sandwich press (this one actually: https://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-25408-Sandwich-Toaster/dp/B001YI459O) that I make them in.  Amazing.

---qbf

Sometimes I make a grilled pb with maple syrup instead of jelly. Yum. Totally a treat.
  • NicknShan said:
    joose159 said:
    Grilled cheese (sourdough with havardi and basil with a little sirracha ketchup), and cereal, that's mostly what I live on. Oddly now I want a grilled peanut butter sandwich, is that a thing?

I have a sandwich press like that!! It's the best. And now I want a grilled PB. Maybe with plain Lays crumbled in it? Mmmmm
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just ate some Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked for breakfast.  All time low.
    1st Pregnancy: EDD 12/31/15; Diagnosed Turner's with terminal cystic hygroma 13wks; induced at 14wks, +3 d+c's.
    2nd Pregnancy: BFP 10/8/15; EDD 6/21/16

• HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited November 2015
    This thread is hilarious and spot on. DH says I've devolved into a 4 year old. Mac and cheese, grilled cheese, just cheese. Anything with cheese sounds fantastic. Meat or veggies? Rage attack. Also, can slip in cream of wheat with Nutella or those squeezable baby food fruit packs (apricot, all I'm saying!)

Now I want to try pb and j tho....
  • Is is to much to ask for a couple strawberry pink cupcakes with white icing?!?!
  • Why are waffles SO DELICIOUS?!
  • I almost cried at the grocery store when I saw that Betty Crocker had brought back the Rainbow Chip Icing. I bought three containers.