January 2016 Moms

Glucose test results

2»

Re: Glucose test results

• edited October 2015
    I will hAve to do a three hour bc I failed with a 141. I felt lightheaded and clammy by the end with one hour so scared to think how the three hour will go. They want me to do a high carb diet for two days. Anyone else do this? Seems counterintuitive to me! How much did you follow the suggested plan?
  • @mwalles what was your number? I got a 53, I'm going to see what my doctor says about it tomorrow. But I've always thought I had hypoglycemia, so that would be very interesting if I finally got it diagnosed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the one hour test and had to fast. I felt nauseous after about 30 min and very nauseous by the end of the hour but I found out today that I passed. I was also sleepy and cranky for the majority of the day.
  • 1 hr one you don't need to fast. Have a protein rich meal before hand, no fruit or sugary carbs. Like have eggs, tomatoes, avocados.
  • Just got my results back last week and I passed with an 85! Now from everywhere I've read 85 seems low, like you should be below 90 when fasting, but not after eating breakfast and taking a 50g sugar shot! My doctor didn't say anything about it in her message so I'm going to assume it's not too low...I'll have to double check with her at my next appointment though.
  • Failed my 1 hour with a 155. Took the 2hour on Thursday & seeing how it is Wednesday & I have heard nothing, I assume all is well but I will be calling tomorrow to be sure. Best of luck!
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited October 2015
    They didn't tell me my number just that it was a "close fail" and that I have to take the 3 hour. Boo :(

Eta: labcorp sent me the results. Apparently the range was 65-139 and I scored a 141. Ridiculous X(

Anyone ever refuse to do the 3hr test?
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I took my test today solo I'm waiting for the results.
  • Mine is next Wednesday. I am hypoglycemic this pregnancy, so not really looking forward to the not eating part.

N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • I passed my 1 hour!!! Thank God. They didn't tell me my number just that I passed.
  • I will hAve to do a three hour bc I failed with a 141. I felt lightheaded and clammy by the end with one hour so scared to think how the three hour will go. They want me to do a high carb diet for two days. Anyone else do this? Seems counterintuitive to me! How much did you follow the suggested plan?

They told me to do a 3 day carb load and then not eat or drink anything past midnight the night before o take the test. Agree it seems counterintuitive lol but I am thinking about battling them on sitting for the 3hr test.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • I have my three hour in the morning. I failed my one hr by 1 point.... I'm just praying this one goes okay and I am completely dreading it.
  • I never was instructed to take the 1 hour test. The midwives sent me directly to a three hour test that required overnight fasting. I had the fruit punch flavored drink. I was lightheaded & feeling dehydrated & weak when I arrived at the test because of the fasting. I guzzled down that "fruit punch" because I was so thirsty. I actually felt better after I drank it but at about 30 mins after drinking it I had to run to bathroom, it gave me diarrhea & upset stomach. Then I was so hungry again but I still had 2.5 more hours to go. It wasn't a pleasant experience. The test was over a week & a half ago and I haven't gotten any calls so I will assume that means I passed... We'll see... My next appointment with the midwives is on this Thursday.
  • @kkfl2m+b - I initially refused b/c I was a close fail at 147 and was sick which can cause glucose to be higher. I bought a $15 glucometer from CVS to keep an eye on it. I actually drank an ensure with more sugar added to make it 50 grams like the test and it was high.

Based on checking at home I'm pretty sure I have GD and scheduled the 3 hour test for next week. So I wouldn't refuse based on a close fail. GD can cause so many complications... better to be safe.
  • I think I got lucky with mine. Last appointment I was given a list of instructions that involved me choosing from a selection of specific food to eat an hour before my appointment (I went with Gatorade and M&Ms), so when I arrived today they just checked my levels exactly an hour after I'd finished my snack, and got the results within a minute or two. A lot less stressful this way, I think. 

Good luck to everyone having to go through the 3 hour test, fingers crossed that will be it for you!
  • satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited November 2015
    Hope you don't mind me asking my question on your post so I don't start a whole new post of something that may have been answered before. 

I took my 1 hour glucose test on Oct 28th, when do you typically hear back results? I haven't heard back anything yet, if I even will but I would think if I failed they would call me instead of waiting until my next appointment which is not until Nov 30th (29 weeks)?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my glucose last wednesday, 29 weeks, and have yet to hear from my doctors office. I've called and still no response. I'm hoping that the whole cliche of no news is good news but I think this is just getting annoying. 30 weeks tomorrow so we shall see!
  • I had mine done last week and my dr's office called me today to tell me my results were high. I have to do the 2-hour test and fast beforehand this week.
  • Just got the call that I failed the one hour. I was honestly very surprised! Here's hoping it was a fluke and the 3 hour goes well!
  • This is pregnancy #5 and for the first time EVER I passed the 1hr test!  So flucking happy I won't have to do the 3hr.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• I passed the three hour test. So glad that's over.
  • I was just told I need to do the three hour test.  I was told I need to fast for 8 hours prior, but the nurse was unsure if that includes water.  Does anyone know if I can drink water before the test?