January 2016 Moms

Glucose test results

I got my test results tonight and I failed with a 151. I understand this isn't extremely high, but my dr ordered the 3hr test. I'm anticipating a call from their office tomorrow to schedule the test. Anyone else get their results back?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie - FiGB
Married DH 11/15/08
Formerly MissMheMhe

Re: Glucose test results

• Yup, and I failed mine by 10 pts, pretty much like I expected to do. The three hour is annoying, but bring a book or something and it's over fast. I also expect to have mixed results with the 3 hour just like I did with my first pregnancy. It would be nice if I just outright failed it this time.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry you ladies have to go through the second test.  I have done the one hour twice, once at 13 weeks and again at 24 weeks.  Both times I feel right smack in the middle of the normal range.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Loading the player...
  • I did the 3hr test today. Hoping to receive my results on Monday but judging how I reacted to the glucose today I'm a bit worried. Full on headache and blurry vision...
  • I'm going in sometime next week for my 3hr test. Have to call the lab to find out what day I can schedule an appt. @LisaLelik I had the same from the one hour with added acid reflux! @MaMinette13 I'm glad you passed both times!!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I haven't taken it yet this time around, but I *always* fails the 1hr.  I refuse to even waste time and energy thinking about it.  I wish they'd let me just skip straight to the 3hr.  I always pass that perfectly.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• Fyi, 85% of fails on the 1 hr test are false positives so you should be ok if you weren't far off from passing the 1 hour.
  • mg137 said:
    Fyi, 85% of fails on the 1 hr test are false positives so you should be ok if you weren't far off from passing the 1 hour.
    I'm not really stressing over the 3hr yet until I get the results. I'm hoping this is the case!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I failed too :( with a score of 144. I go for the 3hr on Monday- I just wish I didn't have to drink that crap again :-/
    My doctor is kind of scaring me though- I'm 26weeks measuring at 31 weeks- she keeps talking about a baby bigger than I can accommodate :-/ I'm feeling like a failure :(
  • My results came back with me having low blood sugar... Which I find strange being that I had just drank a bottle of sugar.
  • My doctor doesn't do the test until 28 weeks anyone else have there's around this time? I went to my 24 week APPT and they made it for 4 weeks from then.
  • @kgordon756 - Yep, 28 weeks for me too.  Not looking forward to it!  I'll also be getting my Tdap shot at that point and blood taken for my final thyroid check (I have a thyroid autoimmune disease) so it's shaping up to be a fun filled day!  ;)
  • My doctor doesn't do the test until 28 weeks anyone else have there's around this time? I went to my 24 week APPT and they made it for 4 weeks from then.
    My doctor does no do the test either till around 28-30 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I failed too :( with a score of 144. I go for the 3hr on Monday- I just wish I didn't have to drink that crap again :-/
    My doctor is kind of scaring me though- I'm 26weeks measuring at 31 weeks- she keeps talking about a baby bigger than I can accommodate :-/ I'm feeling like a failure :(

You are not a failure! Even if you have GD, you are not a failure! I'm a type 1 diabetic and there is a lot that has to be taken into consideration when it comes to baby size. You are looking at family history as a big factor. What is average for one family may not be average for another. Its not as cut and dry as many want to make it out to be. A lot of OB's blame whatever problems that arise on diabetes.
  • I failed too :( with a score of 144. I go for the 3hr on Monday- I just wish I didn't have to drink that crap again :-/ My doctor is kind of scaring me though- I'm 26weeks measuring at 31 weeks- she keeps talking about a baby bigger than I can accommodate :-/ I'm feeling like a failure :(
    You are not a failure! Even if you have GD, you are not a failure! I'm a type 1 diabetic and there is a lot that has to be taken into consideration when it comes to baby size. You are looking at family history as a big factor. What is average for one family may not be average for another. Its not as cut and dry as many want to make it out to be. A lot of OB's blame whatever problems that arise on diabetes.
    I agree completely! Do not think poorly of yourself! Concentrate on keeping yourself healthy and making good choices to ensure you give your baby the best in utero!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • @carleyhammond, I'm so sorry you are being stressed by what you are measuring :(. I obviously do not know your specific health history, but I was assured that being off with measurements by 4 or 5 weeks was well within a normal range (at 22 weeks I measured 27) and that it doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with the size of the baby, oftentimes its uterus growth. You are growing a nice strong baby who will be born exactly how they are supposed to be! You might mention to your doc at the next appt how stressed this comment made you and for them to talk to you more about what this measurement really means, medically.
  • mwalles said:

My results came back with me having low blood sugar... Which I find strange being that I had just drank a bottle of sugar.

This always happens to me too... I have mild hypoglycemia. If you normally eat pretty healthy, downing that much sugar in one go causes you body to have a mini freak out and send extra insulin. So you could either have mild pregnancy hypoglycemia (your body regularly sends put a little too much insulin) or your body was just shocked at how much sugar you downed lol.
  • Oh man good luck to you!!
  • @Blueyedsky I've never been diagnosed with it but I'm pretty sure I have mild hypoglycemia.. I passed out when I was around 18 because I had skipped dinner the night before and then didn't have time for breakfast the next day and I don't feel like I've been the same since then! I also do t really like sugary things so my body probably was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
  • I failed the three hour test about 6 weeks ago. I'm under the care of an endocrinologist and a dietician, follow a diet plan and have to check my blood glucose 4x daily. It was all a bit scary at first but got easier over the first few weeks. Now I'm feeling great, the diet is really healthy and there are lots of things you can still eat in moderation. If any of you ladies end up failing the 3 hour test and have questions about what happens next, feel free to ask.
  • I just received a call from doctors office and she told me, that my sugar level is very high. I dnt even need to do the 3 hour test. I'll have to go to some diabetes clinic. I am scared to death. Can anyone tell me what happens now?
  • Hi @gelor0979, at the diabetes clinic they should teach you about carb counting and help you work out how much to eat at each meal.
    I'm currently allowed 195g carbs per day spread over 6 meals and snacks. This basically means eating every 2-3 hours.
    At my class, they also taught us how to prick our fingers and use a blood glucose metre. I was absolutely terrified going in to the class as I hate needles. It does get a lot easier after a couple of goes! I find it helps to make sure no one is watching and I'm somewhere nice and quiet when I do my tests.
    They may also get you to see and endocrinologist and send in your results each week. I was told that most people are diet controlled unless their glucose levels stay too high and then you may have to use insulin.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
  • How long did it take for you all to get your 1 hr test back? I took mine on Tuesday and was wondering when I'd hear something.... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersbr>

• Usually if they don't call you it's a good thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also took mine on Tuesday and haven't heard back..they said if you don't hear anything, it's good news!
  • I got bad news and got a call back within 24 hours. No news is good news!
  • My test was last Thursday.
    I had an appointment with my dr yesterday and found out I failed it.
  • my 3 hour one is on Monday, I passed my first one at 16 weeks (did it early because I am plus sized) and then failed the one I took at 24.5 weeks, now on Monday I'll be 26w6d and will be doing my third (hopefully final) test. probably will fail that as well.
  • @arac2007 thankyou so much for the relaxing response. It was too hard for me to accept. But now I am doing better. Walking more. I have an appointment with my OB on mon and then I'll have to go to diabetes clinic on Thursday. Untill then , I am trying to keep calm. The doctors office told me I got level 11, of what exactly I dnt know. Hopefully I dnt have to use insulin.
  • With my first baby, over 3 years ago, I was told to fast before this appointment.. I have my 1 hour test scheduled for the 14th and it isn't until 2pm but this doctor said I don't have to fast before .. Did anyone else get told they weren't supposed to eat before or did my previous doctor just make me starve for no reason lol?! I don't want to eat before if it's going to throw the test off ..
  • @jgregory0215 my old doctor had me fast my current doctor specifically told me not to fast.
  • @jgregory0215 My dr told me nothing but water to drink the hour before the test, but to eat a normal breakfast earlier.  (I'm taking the test around noon.)
  • I'm not going to lie....I'm nervous as all hell about this test. I've gain 20 lbs already so they are making me take it at 24 weeks.
  • Took my 3hr this morning. Hoping for some decent news next week!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Im very scared to take it. My dr tested my blood sugar levels at each appt and they came back normal each time. Also in my urine. I have no family history of it, but I have a huge sweet tooth.. Im going to my first OB appt on wednesday where I'm sure he will be telling me about the test.
  • I was instructed to eat a protein only breakfast.
  • @jgregory0215 i just took mine on saturday and was told no eating for the hour prior to the test. But to eat a normal breakfast. I'd imagine drinking that stuff on a totally empty stomach wont feel too good. You can always call the lab and ask what their procedure is. Dont want you to go all the way there and get sent back or something.
  • My 1hr test I was told I could eat breakfast 2hrs before I went to my test. I fasted and failed 144
    Now I'm on my 3hr test I had to fast 8hrs prior. I'll get the results on wednesday.
    I feel better with this one- so hopefully I'll pass
  • I passed my 3 hr! My 2hr draw was 155, and they prefer it to be under 150, so my dr just told me to limit carbs and make sure I get a protein at each meal. I'll take it! No monitoring my numbers! GL to everyone else!

BTW: I did not have to fast for my 1 hr, only eat a balanced breakfast. I did have to fast for the 3 hr. Drinking that 100ml glucola on an empty stomach brought on some wicked heartburn! But it's worth it!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • amiralindaamiralinda member
    edited October 2015
    I had mine yesterday! My midwives office makes everyone take the 3 hour tolerance test :( so right off the bat I had to fast, have blood drawn, drink the juice, and get two more blood draws. It was brutal for someone who hates needles! But I think I passed - my numbers are available online and they are all less than "normal." I'm still awaiting final confirmation but the outlook is good! I am vegan, so maybe that helps (lots of research shows a plant based diet can reverse/prevent diabetes) though I have been having a lot of issues with food aversions and eating as healthy as I normally do the entire pregnancy. I also haven't been exercising as much as I'd like and I've always been curvy/size 10-12. And I'm 30 with a history of PCOS! I was worried!

(based on EDD January 9, 2016)