December 2015 Moms
Options

SAHM judgment

2»

Re: SAHM judgment

• Options
    Just get ready for the next topic for judgemental people - breastfeeding. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I really wish mothers would just support each other vs trying to push their own personal beliefs on those around them.
  • Options
    Ccat1977 said:

Just get ready for the next topic for judgemental people - breastfeeding. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I really wish mothers would just support each other vs trying to push their own personal beliefs on those around them.

Truth. So many unwanted, rude and judgemental comments from STRANGERS as well as friends and family about nursing and then about how I chose to introduce solid foods to my girls. I believe that kids are designed to go from milk to solids and don't need the puréed food stage (assuming the child has no developmental or physical issues that would complicate feeding). When people would see my 7 month old eating real food in real portions (cut either in long strips or big chunks too big to fit in mouth/swallow) I would get so, so, so many people walking up to me to tell me she couldn't eat that (or would choke or she should be nursing still or whatever). One lady actually snatched food out of her hand and said, "You must not have seen she had this. Good thing I was watching!" She was so pleased with herself for "saving" my baby >:P
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've noticed that when it comes to having a child and child rearing that everyone, outside of the parents, has an opinion. But it is really up to you to validate those opinions. Personally, I just let people talk and it goes in one ear and out of the other. It isn't worth getting upset over, even though that is easier said than done. Plus everyone has their own situation going on. What works for me, may not work for you, or the next family. I say do what is best for you and your family and focus on that. That's what really matters. 
  • Options
    No matter what
  • Options

No matter what

If it's Idris Elba's stares I'm garnering, I'll welcome them!!!