November 2015 Moms
Options

Stabby Saturday 10/31

semulcahysemulcahy member
edited October 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Starting this early, because I'm feeling especially stabby right now. So, my SO and I live in a 1 bedroom apartment right now, and won't be moving until January when the lease is up. As you can imagine, it's getting a little cramped with all of little one's things, and with boxes I haven't yet moved to storage (hello, I'm 9 months pregnant!) Anyway, we'll be moving into a house, and I mentioned earlier how excited I was that we'd be able to do more entertaining. His response was 'Yeah, we'll have to see how much space we have.' Then he pauses, pats my knee, and says 'And how clean you keep the place.' I was so mad! He realized it almost immediately and he adds 'I understand if you stab me in my sleep later.' Like, yeah, buddy I just might! X(

Re: Stabby Saturday 10/31

• Options
    CocoR04CocoR04 member
    edited October 2015
    I was due 2 days ago and always thought id have a November baby (yay!) but I'm stabby because 1) I'm getting uncomfortable and 2) I'm getting a cold!?!? Here I am concerned about others getting LO sick and I'm the one with the contagious germs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am stabby because I have the pupps rash. It started below my belly button (almost gone) and since Monday it has spread to my feet and ankles. I woke up 3 times last night itching horribly. My DH got sarna lotion and grandpa's pine tar soap for me. I am washing my feet and applying the lotion about 4 times a day. Once the effect wears off, I start itching again.
  • Options
    I'm stabby at myself. I'm a fucking idiot and I disregard all good advice people give me because why? Because I continue to believe if I'm decent enough to people it will turn them into decent people. And it just won't. 
    Do unto others. 
  • Options

i'm waking to eat in the night again. this happened with my first at the end but my scheduled c section isn't for another 2 weeks so i don't want to be up every night for the next two weeks. Maybe this one will come early too. been having some contractions but they never get worse or consistent so we will see.

To the lady who said she's getting a cold - ive read many times thats a good sign of baby coming. apparently the "cold" goes away when you deliver.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been having false labor for 2 days and contractions are only 2-3 minutes apart don't last long at all maybe 30 seconds. OB told me to drink water and relax. When I do that they go away but ouch these suck! I also have a cold that I wonder if my water is breaking every time I cough, nope peeing myself. Stabby!
  • Options
    I'm stabby from sleeping only 2 hours last night due to migraine. I'm now halfway through the day and the migraine is still lingering. I'm hoping baby doesn't decide to come today as I'm not sure I'd have the patience to cope with that right now...
  • Options
    I'm stabby for my dog getting out of bed last night to bark back at another dog in our building at God knows what hour! Little shit is lucky he's so cute, I had to get up and carry him back into the bedroom to get him to shut up...

Also, my stupid huge swollen cankles, which go down when I sleep at night, which means I have to pee a ton :(
  • Options
    I'm stabby about the men and women that think it's okay to wear their Army uniforms off base. Not okay. Not safe and against army regulation.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Shoes and rain. I haven't worn anything but my flats in a while because they're comfy and I haven't needed to wear anything different. Now the city is flooding and of course I have to leave the house and none of my five pairs of boots fit. Thanks feet.
  • Options
    I'm stabby at myself for listening to my consultant yesterday. I had a sweep yesterday at 39 weeks and she told me I was 2cm and it all went great and she thinks she will see me again this weekend... I stupidly let myself believe her a little and so woke up crying when I was still pregnant. Such an idiot, they don't know when a baby is coming, I know this!!! And then as soon as the tears started, that was it for a whole hour. Crying at how uncomfy I am, crying at the cramps, crying that we ran out of Nutella. Fml.
  • Options

i'm waking to eat in the night again. this happened with my first at the end but my scheduled c section isn't for another 2 weeks so i don't want to be up every night for the next two weeks. Maybe this one will come early too. been having some contractions but they never get worse or consistent so we will see.

To the lady who said she's getting a cold - ive read many times thats a good sign of baby coming. apparently the "cold" goes away when you deliver.

I would love for a cold to be a pre-labor sign!! Trying to stay positive!
  • Options
    I'm stabby because yesterday was my birthday and the day was overall just horrible. Didn't get a card or cake. Didn't get to go out to dinner. We tried three places and two were too busy and one was closed so at that point DH was pissy so we just went home. I cooked frozen raviolis when we finally got home. DH was supposed to put DS to bed so we could spend time together and ended up falling asleep too. I spent the rest of my night baking chocolate chip cookies and watching a movie by myself. My best friend didn't even call or text me. And on top of it I had contractions for hours but the never progressed. Hoping today goes a little bit better.
  • Options
    SweetTooth126SweetTooth126 member
    edited October 2015
    Stabby at my body which decided to develop preeclampsia. On bed rest now instead of nesting like I want to. Good thing is I will be 37 weeks on Monday and I am stable enough that they are waiting til then to talk induction.

Edited for spelling

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Options
    DS.... i know it's Halloween and you're excited kiddo, but asking me what time it is every 30 seconds or so and being completely unable to stay quiet for longer than a minute at a stretch is making my brain explode today....
  • Options
    I'm stabby because its 15mins til trick or treating starts in my area and my fiancé and son are both sleeping! Come on people I want to go get candy lol it's the last holiday while my son is still an only child and I want it to be special. I mean I know he doesn't care but I do. We didn't do pumpkins or anything else for Halloween so I'm a little upset that he's still asleep. Also, fiancé goes to work at 6 so we won't have a lot of time to trick or treat to begin with and I refuse to go alone.
  • Options
    Neighbor who was trick and treating with kids asked me when I was due, and I got saucer eyes as according to her I look like I would be due in january. Not sure how I took it yet. I just said "nope just a couple weeks" !
  • Options
    I'm stabby today because all of my best friends are out of town for a bachelorette weekend in Nashville and of course I wasn't able to go with an edd of nov 7. Wouldn't want to risk baby girl not being born in the great state of Texas :P well they're all out there having a blast and I'm just here on the couch being pregnant. Sigh.
  • Options
    oliarnmom1517oliarnmom1517 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm stabby because DS isn't latching on and my milk is coming in and my boobs are killing me.. He did great up until the night they took him to the nursery in the hospital.. I don't think they actually came and tried to get me up so I could feed him.. So now I have to pump and we don't have an electric one.. This should be fun...

ETA.. It takes about 20 minutes to get him to latch and then he won't suck once he is latched.. Once he starts to suck then it's fine but feeding is starting to be a bigger ordeal then I thought it would be..
  • Options
    Cook3133 said:

I had nothing to be stabby about UNTIL someone mentioned cheescake!!!

Lol SORRY!! :p
  • Options

I'm stabby because DS isn't latching on and my milk is coming in and my boobs are killing me.. He did great up until the night they took him to the nursery in the hospital.. I don't think they actually came and tried to get me up so I could feed him.. So now I have to pump and we don't have an electric one.. This should be fun...

ETA.. It takes about 20 minutes to get him to latch and then he won't suck once he is latched.. Once he starts to suck then it's fine but feeding is starting to be a bigger ordeal then I thought it would be..

Do you have access to a lactation consultant or a local la leche league? They can help you with establishing a good latch and giving you support. I believe under obamacare lactation support is covered now.
  • Options
    I'm stabby because this is the 3rd weekend in a row DH has worked away, and he hasn't taken any time during the weeks off. I'm so exhausted and it's really hard to take care of my 2 year old being this exhausted. I had a complete meltdown Thursday and was assured there was no work this weekend... But nope something came last minute. His boss was more pissed and actually threatened to quit so the owner only sent dh and his boss got the weekend off... DH is being forced to take Tuesday and Wednesday off no matter what. (OB appointment Tuesday and I want to sleep in for once on Wednesday)!
  • Options

Do you have access to a lactation consultant or a local la leche league? They can help you with establishing a good latch and giving you support. I believe under obamacare lactation support is covered now.
    Not that I know of.. I'll have to look that up today.. A lot of places around my area are closed on Sunday's so I'll have to call and see if I find one if they are open..
  • Options
    I'm stabby because I asked my dr to do a stretch and sweep next Friday I'll be 37 +5 due to slight complications and my husband is threatening to sue the Dr because I'm not at my due date yet he literally wants me to be pregnant for another month... not gonna happen hunny this baby us committed g in 3 weeks regardless of a stretch and sweep or not.
  • Options

Not that I know of.. I'll have to look that up today.. A lot of places around my area are closed on Sunday's so I'll have to call and see if I find one if they are open..
    Often L&D nurses are also lactation counselors so try calling the hospital you delivered at to see if anyone fits the bill. Alternatively, try searching Facebook for "lll of (your town)" or "la leche league of (your town)"; the groups are often very active and can either hook you up with the right support nearby or share their own helpful hints and tricks.
  • Options
    I'm stabby that it's now November, and I'm still waiting on this stubborn little man. Because of his size, multiple obs assured me he would be out by now, which I know, I shouldn't have let them get my hopes up. But now, my family and close friends have apparently gotten tired of waiting and no one will be around this week! Even my mom will be out of town for two days, despite throwing a fit about being in the room when I deliver. Lady, if you really wanted to be there, you wouldn't go to another state on my original EDD.
  • Options
    Kmohney1 said:

I'm stabby that it's now November, and I'm still waiting on this stubborn little man. Because of his size, multiple obs assured me he would be out by now, which I know, I shouldn't have let them get my hopes up. But now, my family and close friends have apparently gotten tired of waiting and no one will be around this week! Even my mom will be out of town for two days, despite throwing a fit about being in the room when I deliver. Lady, if you really wanted to be there, you wouldn't go to another state on my original EDD.

I'm noticing this, too! It's like people are already "over" baby and moving on with other things post-EDD. I certainly don't expect or want to be the center of attention, or make people wait impatiently like me, but it's nice to know people are around if needed. I also sense that they are annoyed that baby wasn't out by the due date. Sorry, can't control that! :)
  • Options
    I am extra stabby today because I saw someone from back home post a picture on her FB giving her barely FOUR MONTH OLD baby Halloween candy! X(
  • Options
    MercyC1130MercyC1130 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm stabby at stupid little comments that shouldn't bother me. My dad mentions how big I am Everytime I see him, multiple times, while my stepmom doesn't necessarily say I'm big or anything, but she talks about how her friend who is due right around me is "so small and fit" and barely wearing maternity clothes..
    My stepmom saying it's a girl because I'm carrying high... Aren't you a science teacher?? Look that shib up, it's not true!
    My dad saying the "only thing he cares about" and wants a say in, is that when we hyphenate our last names for baby, my last name comes last. Fuck off with all the guilt tripping all the time. That shit hurts. PLUS, it's our child, we will name he/she whatever the hell we want. You don't automatically "get a say" in such things.
    People joking about being in the labor room or about being first to hold baby. It stresses me out because I know there will actually be some stupid (at the least, passive aggressive) drama between my parents. There always is because they are like children.
    Also, if my dad says one more smart ass comment about my SO, I'm going to flip out. I know it doesn't bother my man, but it bothers me. He's the best person I've ever known, so if you don't like the way he looks or dresses, you are an idiot because there is so much more than that. Plus, he's the damn father of your grandchild, STFU.
    Oh geeze. Lol. Sorry for long stupid rant :-??

I did have an amazing Halloween! SO and I hung out all day, than had house to ourselves and ate candy and watched scary movies!! :)
  • Options

I'm stabby because I asked my dr to do a stretch and sweep next Friday I'll be 37 +5 due to slight complications and my husband is threatening to sue the Dr because I'm not at my due date yet he literally wants me to be pregnant for another month... not gonna happen hunny this baby us committed g in 3 weeks regardless of a stretch and sweep or not.

Can you explain?? I don't understand at all how your husband thinks he can sue your dr since you're not at your due date yet. How is that his responsibility? Maybe I've read it wrong but I'm just confused.
  • Options
    chadsfiancechadsfiance member
    edited November 2015

I'm stabby at the neighbor who has been blowing leaves in his yard for over 2 hours. It is loud and high pitched and annoying as hell. I'm also, maybe not stabby, but more WTF'y (is that a thing?) with a lady who came to our door last night with her kids. As I'm handing them candy, she asked, "do you have a new little baby?" I looked down at my belly, which is very clearly largely pregnant and just told her not quite yet. She then asked, "so it's a little girl though?" Now really, I don't know you, but you're weird. I can only assume my neighbors, many of whom are stay at home moms, have been chatty and maybe that's how this stranger-lady knows. But really...kind of makes me think she wants my baby or something.

ETA: the two men sitting in their car at the grocery store today. Maternity parking probably doesn't apply to you. Thanks for taking the last close spot, asshats.

We're having twins

Our angel baby boy is looking over his twin sister - due November 21