Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Drool rash

My almost 5-month old has a terrible rash under his chin and on top of chest. At his four month check up Dr. recommended cornstarch which I've been applying liberally. It's not getting any better. Just curious what other mamas might have tried? Not interested in medicines but more of a natural approach.. EOs, etc.. Thank you!

Re: Drool rash

• Options
    I use aquaphor and it works great. Does your LO wear bibs?
  • Options
    Yes, he has a new bib all the time...every time one is soaked I change it!! 5ish/day!!! Aquaphor? I'll look into it, thnx.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you breastfeeding?? My son had the same thing, he had baby acne too, and a little beastmilk a couple times a day cleared it right up!
  • Options
    NickiochNickioch member
    edited October 2015
    Cornstarch is helping ours and making sure to clean it well and gently in the bath. For bibs try the baby bandanas that are lined with flannel, they're much more absorbent. Still get soaked but it stops it so not to go through to the clothes and skin under. I found great ones on amazon
  • Options
    Thanks! I like the bandana idea and (duh) always forget to try Mama's milk!!!
  • Options
    Same issue with my 3 month old. Aquaphor helps and so does a little zinc oxide diaper rash cream.
  • Options
    Same with my LO, I applied zinc oxide ( less than 15% strength) and try to get as much tummy time as possible so the area can air dry whenever possible. My LO's rash disappeared after 2 days of treatment.
  • Options
    Aquaphor is what my pedi recommended for my LO's dry skin and I use it for the neck and chest because it keeps wetness off the skin.
  • Options
    Hi, I use vaseline on my 20 week olds chin to help prevent drool rash. It's working great for us. I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what product would be the equivalent or if you have vaseline. It's just petroleum jelly. Smear a little on and it forms a barrier. Also a big fan of funky dribble bibs
  • Options
    Aquaphor helped us.
  • Options
    Bandana bibs have really helped our twins with this issue. I bought a ton and we change them many times a day since they're really drooly while teething. Some of the bibs are super cute. I posted a few here! https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/early-teething-toys-twin-babies/

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!