Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

To grandparents house we go...

I am trying to create my registry and I am struggling with what to put on it that will be needed for my parents house. I am due in January and baby will be home with us for the first few months, however, when I go back to work and the weather gets nicer, my parents will be our daycare for 2-3 days a week... I already told my parents they could not use the crib from when I was little because it is not safe, so now I feel guilty and responsible to register for another option (even though I am sure my parents will buy one if I ask) I have been researching pack and plays? Baby would probably be 2 months before she goes to grandparents... is a pack and play appropriate? would love thoughts from people who will also be going to grandparents? what are your plans?

Re: To grandparents house we go...

• Options

I have been looking at the Graco Pack 'n Play Play Yard with Newborn Napper Station which recommends... Napper for use only for infants under 3 months of age and unable to roll over. Bassinet for babies under 15 lbs. and unable to push up on hands and knees. Playard for children unable to climb out, under 35" tall.

I know this might be stupid but would the baby then sleep in the playard after 3 months?

• Options
    We used a pack n play in our bedroom for the first six months. Ours doesn't have a newborn napper, but LO slept on the bassinet portion. Now at 19 months, she sleeps in it for naps and bedtime whenever we go somewhere. She doesn't seem to mind at all, but I think sometimes it just depends on the kid. I think a pack n play is a great option for your parents' house. I'd probably just get a basic one without a napper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A Pack N Play would be perfect. Our daughter sleeps in one twice a day, 4 times a week for naps at daycare plus we use one for traveling.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I'd get one with a napped & changing station. Be sure to get a good brand. Feel the pad. Some are like wood boards.
  • Options
    Another option would be to purchase an inexpensive crib from IKEA. Their $79 option scored as one of the highest for safety available. The pack and play is a good choice for when baby is young, but eventually he/she will grow out of it. Best of luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker