June 2017 Moms
Options

6 weeks, no symptoms?!

abneybaby1228abneybaby1228 member
edited October 2016 in June 2017 Moms
Hello fellow preggers!
I'm slightly freaked out! I'm 6 weeks pregnant and the only symptom I'm having is sore breasts and I've been very hungry. When I was pregnant with my son (who is also 2), I missed a month of work because I was so sick. I was very bloated too. Pretty much miserable. So it worries me to not feel like that now. 
Just looking for some reassurance. Any other moms have similar experiences? I'll have an ultrasound at 10 weeks. I'm very anxious to hear/see the heartbeat. 

Re: 6 weeks, no symptoms?!

• Options

Each pregnancy can be different.  I am on my fifth and so far this one is much different from the others. I had horrible MS with two of the five and very little this time (knock on wood).  Like you, my only symptoms are sore boobs and food aversions, with the addition of headaches. I know it's hard not to worry though.

In the future, this would be a great question for the 'pregnancy chatter and questions' thread.  :)

• Options
    I'm calling myself lucky ;) trying to enjoy these weeks, in anticipation for the rest of my pregnancy woes.  
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JaneShops hey there! Fancy seeing you around here  ;)
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OP, no symptoms doesn't mean anything is wrong! The same woman can have very different pregnancies. And it sounds like you do have some symptoms  (sore boobs, etc) which seem normal for 6 weeks. I understand the worry, but I don't think it means anything bad for your pregnancy. Just enjoy the time of not throwing up! 
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JaneShops hey there! Fancy seeing you around here  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm, my emojis didn't show up, but I blew you some kisses @JackieMarie1989

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd be counting my blessings, especially after a very sick pregnancy. 

I only had sore breasts for the first week or two. Now I've started to have a little bit of my stomach feeling a little weird. I know ladies who never had a day of morning sickness. 
  • Options
    I second count your blessings.  Relax and enjoy!  You can't compare because everyone is so different.  I wish there was more science behind the differences.   It would make me feel better.  
  • Options
    I was sooooo sick my first pregnancy, starting with my BFP. This time I've also been counting my blessings. Nothing to worry about!
  • Options
    Don't jinx yourself! You are still quite early on. Plus you are experiencing symptoms so keep paying attention to the those subtle changes so you can take comfort in their arrival. As I'm sure you know, one day you might be fine and the very next is a whole new ballgame. 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    I also am not feeling any symptoms yet. I only took a test because I had a hunch and I was heading to a Halloween party and didn't want to make bad choices.  Since the positive test, I've developed crippling cravings for delish food and the couch but I know it's all in my head right now. 
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and the only symptoms I've had with all three is sore breast cramping and maybe headaches. Other then that just a growing belly
  • Options
    Pregnancy is such a mind game, isn't it? My first pregnancy I had no symptoms and it freaked me out. My second pregnancy I had all the symptoms and felt miserable. Oy. Both were rough! Try not to worry and enjoy the calm!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My first pregnancy I had no symptoms other than slightly tender boobs.  Zero nausea or aversions, no heightened sense of smell nothing.  It was a dream pregnancy with no complications at all.  Enjoy every symptom free moment because you never know when something will strike!
  • Options
    I have not had any major symptoms yet either. Sometimes cramps and back pain. But other than that nothing yet. Last time I had it all. Diarrhea, morning sickness, food aversions, couldn't eat any dairy product without vomiting, PUPS, you name it I had it. 
  • Options
    I worry daily that I'm "not having enough symptoms".  Ugh.  I hate this waiting game until the first u/s.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz