2nd Trimester

Drano? Urine?

I read on another website, that you can predict the sex of the baby by mixing such & such amount of Drano, with a certain amount of Urine and get the result...? Opinions? ...

Re: Drano? Urine?

• Loading the player...
  • Whaaaaa...?

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Please explain the science behind this.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Stop playing with urine. It's weird .
  • Ew.  This one is just gross.  Most cleaners/chemicals now make me sick anyway...

Whatever happened to the normal "heartbeat" wives' tales?  Its more fun to make a guess by that than by peeing on/in things...

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am going to go with no. You might as well just take a guess since it is 50/50. Your pee and drano are not going to help you. I am also going to go with probably stay away from the drano while you are pregnant. The smell makes me sick on a normal basis I can't imagine smelling it while pregnant. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am interested in some old wives tales just for fun. I think it would be interesting to see how many are accurate after the baby is born.

But mixing your urine with Draino? That just seems.....odd....and potentially dangerous.
  • I read on another website, that you can predict the sex of the baby by mixing such & such amount of Drano, with a certain amount of Urine and get the result...? Opinions? ...
    I'd stay away from drano (in general) while pregnant. Honestly, that sounds like a good recipe to gas yourself and make yourself sick.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
    edited October 2015
    ecwk said:
    I read on another website, that you can predict the sex of the baby by mixing such & such amount of Drano, with a certain amount of Urine and get the result...? Opinions? ...
    If you're going to do it just make sure you pee while naked by the light of a full moon and into a clay receptacle hand crafted by a blind elderly hermit. Then it should work.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Do they even sell Drano crystals anymore?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Not sure if they are accurate but I've seen gender tests at cvs. Why not just try one of those??
  • Not sure if they are accurate but I've seen gender tests at cvs. Why not just try one of those??
    They're not accurate.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • If there was something in urine that could be detected so crudely to determine sex, don't you think doctors would use that as opposed to a grainy ultrasound where you hope baby's positioning cooperates?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kurtni said:

If there was something in urine that could be detected so crudely to determine sex, don't you think doctors would use that as opposed to a grainy ultrasound where you hope baby's positioning cooperates?

=))
  • jonesl12jonesl12 member
    edited October 2015
    Achae said:

Kurtni said:

If there was something in urine that could be detected so crudely to determine sex, don't you think doctors would use that as opposed to a grainy ultrasound where you hope baby's positioning cooperates?

I'm pretty sure every doctor appointment that has me peeing in the cup is really just splashing it on drano. What else do those lab people do? Lol
    We like to put it in baking soda as well to see if it fizzes for funzies! If it does its 100% chance it's a girl! Sometimes we just have pee fights because it's like so fun to play with pee. Did you know that doctors used to swish pee in their mouths to see if the patient has sugar in their urine ? It's like a totes good indicator if the patient had diabetes ! Pee partyyyyyyy!!!
  • jonesl12 said:

Achae said:

Kurtni said:

I'm pretty sure every doctor appointment that has me peeing in the cup is really just splashing it on drano. What else do those lab people do? Lol
    We like to put it in baking soda as well to see if it fizzes for funzies! If it does its 100% chance it's a girl! Sometimes we just have pee fights because it's like so fun to play with pee. Did you know that doctors used to swish pee in their mouths to see if the patient has sugar in their urine ? It's like a totes good indicator if the patient had diabetes ! Pee partyyyyyyy!!!
    Can't decide whether to laugh or throw up.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jonesl12 said:

Achae said:

Kurtni said:

Ugh, this reminds me of a House episode where a guy had to taste the pee of a womanew to test for something, may have been sugar like you said.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • cg0112358 said:

jonesl12 said:

Achae said:

Kurtni said:

Ugh, this reminds me of a House episode where a guy had to taste the pee of a womanew to test for something, may have been sugar like you said.
    That part was the only truth to my post lol Drs really did used to swish pee in their mouths to see if there was a "sweetness" that would indicate elevated glucose . Pretty disgusting . I only know this because I did a project in college about old medical practices vs what's used today and that one stood out for sure.
  • Or...at 14-16 weeks, you can look for a boutique ultrasound place to just tell you early... 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020