May 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change 10/17 & 10/18

Week/Fruit: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 

Questions for the group: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 10/17 & 10/18

• Options
    Week/Fruit:  Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: I can go for the Verifi blood work the first week of November and an OB appt. Nov. 19. 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling great. 

Questions for the group: Nothing right now. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? I am really looking forward to feeling baby kick. 

• Options
    Week/fruit: I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow - raspberry!

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound 10/26! Can. Not. Wait.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm just super sleepy all the time. I have been having the weirdest dreams every night, too. I'm usually starving but only want things that aren't in the house!

GTKY: I agree with you, @pooputtette! I can't wait to feel movement that isn't gas. :D

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 11 weeks! Lime!

Upcoming Appointments: Oct 28th for NT scan and hopefully a NIPT test

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I think my bloat is starting to go away and I have a very tiny bump now! \:D/

Questions for the group: anyone had problems with their OB not wanting to order the Verifi test through progenity for them? Does it cost an office visit to get the order in and blood drawn?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? First pregnancy so no idea what to look for but feeling the baby would be so amazing! Also, for first trimester to be over and some anxiety to go away.
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 9/olive tomorrow

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks until my next appt

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm feeling better than I did a week ago, but I still feel gross. MS cannot end soon enough. I've lost some weight this week, I thought I might start showing soon since this is my second but I actually look thinner.

Questions for the group: Anybody else losing hair like crazy? I think it's a side effect of the progesterone I'm on, my hair is falling out in clumps :(

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Right now I'm most looking forward to MS ending and finally buying a house! Our apt is tiny so we have decided to buy before baby gets here.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 10/Prune

Upcoming Appointments: First one this Tuesday! Excited to hear the heartbeat!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: jumped the gun by saying nausea was subsiding a little bit. It was horrible last night. I was literally only able to eat a few bites of dinner last night and then just went to bed. Heartburn is still here - my most hated symptom right now. It makes me so uncomfortable all the time. Tums are now my best friend.

Questions for the group: nothing I can think of

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Ditto to everyone else on feeling some movement in there. And seeing the baby - I don't get an ultrasound till 20 weeks or so for the anatomy scan bc that's all my midwife does. Going crazy seeing everyone else's ultrasound photos.
  • Options
    @unicorn522 Yes my hair is falling out like crazy! My hair is kinda weird, once it gets to a  certain length it stops growing..even on PNV. 
  • Options
    *loss mentioned*
    Week: 11 today!

Fruit: lime

Next appointment: Next Monday. We saw the heartbeat at 8w 3D already, but still extremely nervous since my last pregnancy ended in missed miscarriage. Feeling hopeful, though!

Excited about: first appointment in second trimester, so I will really feel at ease with this one!

Question: is anyone celebrating each week somehow? I was thinking of purchasing a book or something small each week for now, or doing something with SO to acknowledge each week.

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 10 tomorrow/ prune

Upcoming Appointments: two weeks from Monday for nt scan. Getting a little nervous but honestly, even if baby has a normality we will be keeping the pregnancy. So nothing we can do except accept the baby God gives us. So trying not to get too nervous

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm pretty good. Really only thing I notice now is I am still tired and I have some stretching in my lower abs. Love that in the morning my stomach is flat but by end of day I look 6 months pregnant. And I think I can feel my uterus swelling a bit by my pelvic area. Very cool feeling.

Questions for the group: hmmm nothing I can think of

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Funny I was thinking about starting the ticker thread today and was going to add a very similar question! For me, it's finding out the sex. I can't wait to shop and trying to hold out until we know boy or girl.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Week/Fruit: lime/11weeks

Upcoming Appointments: midwife 10/26/15-- I should get my Harmony test results back this coming week!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: tired, hungry and bitchy.

Questions for the group: no questions

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Everything. I love everything to do with pregnancy!

• Options
    Week/Fruit: Week 12! Plum!

Upcoming Appointments: November 3rd second appt.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    I'm so over the exhaustion! I didn't have this the first time! Looking forward to second tri! Bloating..nausea is going away! Yay!

Questions for the group: No questions right now.

I'm looking forward to sharing the good news at Christmas time. Having a real bump! Feeling the baby move! :))
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 10 weeks tomorrow/ prune

Upcoming Appointments: 10/21... 4 more days!! Can't until to see LO and make sure everything's okay. :-SS

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: All day sickness is now morning queasiness. Which is much more manageable!

Questions for the group: Nothing I can think of.

I have excitement in stages. Right now I'm excited to know that LO is okay and has a strong heartbeat. Then I'll get excited to find out the sex and start showing. Then I'll be excited to feel LO move. Then I'll be excited for the pregnancy to be over and for LO to be here!! ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 8 weeks/ raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: 10/29 is our first appointment with the OB, the first was a nurse visit. We saw the heartbeat at our first but we'll get to hear the heartbeat this time and I can't wait!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I've been fortunate to not have much morning sickness up until yesterday. Was in bed feeling neasous the majority of the day.

Questions for the group: none I can think of!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? It's my first so absolutely everything! But I really can't wait to set up the nursery and get everything ready for our little one
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 12/apricot/plum

Upcoming Appointments: not until November 9th

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm really doing well. I even woke up this morning feeling well rested, which is awesome!

Questions for the group:

Anyone else notice their leg hair growing much slower? It's the best thing ever.

Feeling the baby for sure :)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm really doing well. I even woke up this morning feeling well rested, which is awesome!

Questions for the group:

Anyone else notice their leg hair growing much slower? It's the best thing ever.

Girl my leg hair is growing like a crazy. I need a weed whacker!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Week/fruit: 10 weeks/prune

Upcoming appointments: November 2nd

Rants/raves/symptoms: I took a turn in a much better direction. Definitely getting my appetite back. I have to admit it makes me a little nervous to feel so much better so suddenly but I know it's the nature of the beast.

GTKY: feeling the baby move! I had an anterior placenta with my first pregnancy so I couldn't feel movement until 22 weeks. I'm hoping I'm not anterior again! I'm hoping at my 12 week scan they might be able to tell me the location. Actually that might be my question, do they know know position of the placenta until 20 weeks? 12 might be too early, either way, I'll find out soon!!!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options

Questions for the group:

With DD my leg hair become pretty much nonexistent! It was amazing. Not so much this time, or yet anyways. Yikes.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 9 weeks and 1 day! Olive!

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment tomorrow and i'm super excited but also really nervous.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling great! Minor headaches and fatigue every now and then. Peeing more frequently. 

Questions for the group: What to expect at first appointment?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Lots of things...feeling the babies hiccups and kicks, seeing my baby in an ultrasound, and being able to hear the heartbeat :)
  • Options
    tgortneytgortney member
    edited October 2015
    @BrunetteBabe722 my first appointment was US (saw and heard HB, also dating :) ) then vitals then talked to a nurse practicioner, asked questions etc etc. No peeing in cup or even talked to OB. Some offices do things different. My SIL, who went to a different office, had OB interview, blood drawn, and all that but no US till 2nd appt. If I was ever wondering what would be going on, I just called and asked them what would happen.
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 12/plum

Upcoming Appointments: November 5

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm starting to get a slight blump, so I've really got to watch what I wear around others.  It's been really warm, here, but this week is supposed to cool down, so I can finally pull off a hoodie without people thinking I'm weird. 

Questions for the group: Anyone else done after this baby? These daily injections have really hit it home that I'm done.  I'm surprisingly okay with this decision. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Being done with it, I think.  Once baby is here, things go back to normal. 
  • Options
    tgortney said:
    @BrunetteBabe722 my first appointment was US (saw and heard HB, also dating :) ) then vitals then talked to a nurse practicioner, asked questions etc etc. No peeing in cup or even talked to OB. Some offices do things different. My SIL, who went to a different office, had OB interview, blood drawn, and all that but no US till 2nd appt. If I was ever wondering what would be going on, I just called and asked them what would happen.
    I hate needles, so I am super scared to get my blood drawn :/ Just have to remember it will all be worth it :) Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: week 10/prune

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for an US - had some spotting last week and my provider wants to check to be sure everything is ok.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Feeling better this week, but more uncomfortable sleeping at night with heartburn, etc.

Questions for the group: Has anyone started looking for baby gear/started a registry yet?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Hearing baby's HB and feeling baby move!

@blaisdew - I love the idea of celebrating each week with a little something special! I might just have to use it!
  • Options

Week/Fruit: 12/plum

Upcoming Appointments: November 5

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm starting to get a slight blump, so I've really got to watch what I wear around others.  It's been really warm, here, but this week is supposed to cool down, so I can finally pull off a hoodie without people thinking I'm weird. 

Questions for the group: Anyone else done after this baby? These daily injections have really hit it home that I'm done.  I'm surprisingly okay with this decision. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to with this pregnancy? Being done with it, I think.  Once baby is here, things go back to normal. 
    I think I'm done after this one too. We already have a 2 yr old and we went into this pregnancy fully expecting me to struggle to make it through the pregnancy and postpartum depression. I am making goals and putting plans in place to hopefully help reduce my chances of suffering PPD again but unless things go perfectly from here on out, we aren't doing this again.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 8w, Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: before I found my midwife, I had an appt set for the 28th for an ultrasound and to meet with the OB I was considering, but now that I've chosen to go with the midwife, my next appointment isn't until Nov. 12. I have to keep track of my food(logging every meal) and cut back on sugar and boost protein intake..weee..

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I AM SO EMOTIONAL. As if I wasn't already off the charts emotional before, I make DF NUTS these days. I'm usually pretty exhausted, and have been having an extra hard time focusing on school. The nausea is worse some days than others, today I've got some relief, maybe it will last *knock on wood* I'm also in the bloating stage, sweats are my life.

Questions for the group: Do any of you ladies have a partner who isn't exactly on your level, and doesn't really agree with how you've chosen to experience your pregnancy /choices about baby's life/future?

GTKY: I saw my baby's heartbeat last monday, but i can't wait to hear it, find out what it is, and to feel it move (: