May 2016 Moms

PgAL Check-In (10/5)

2»

Re: PgAL Check-In (10/5)

• pellylang  So sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks are you?
    Based on my LMP 8 weeks
    Based on my calculations of an estimated ovulation date I should be around 7. 
    Won't know for sure until I get a dating ultrasound.

What is on your mind today? Any vents? Anyone feeling relief because of a recent appointment? Anything goes!

Well I was going to post this as a new thread, but since the bump is currently  being a twatwaffle and the post new disccusion button has disappeared (on all my browsers IE, FF, Chrome), I'm just going to have to vent here.

I have an appointment coming up on Wednesday.  It is just the appt with the nurse where I have to pee in a cup and they draw my blood, and then hand me a packet and send me on my way.   It's a very boring appointment.  I'm debating whether or not to bring up a question to them.    My blood type is A- which means I'm Rh Negative.  I had no idea what that even meant until after the MC in February when they gave me a shot after the MC.   Prior to the MC I had bleeding from a SCH.  I bled for two weeks.   So fast forward a few months and a lot of research later.  I have read in SEVERAL places that if you are Rh negative and have bleeding during pregnancy that the doctor is supposed to give you one of those shots.  Ummmmmmmmm........ My doctor did NOT give me one of those shots.   It makes me a bit ticked off.   So I'm debating on bringing that topic of discussion up tomorrow at my appointment.  I want to know why they did not give me a shot when all the things I have read say that I should have had one.    I also read that by not having the shot then, that it could affect any subsequent pregnancies.  I do not know my DH's bloodtype and I know in instances like that they are to assume that it is a positive to play it safe.    So I'm debating whether or not to bring that up tomorrow.

Another rant is I'm getting a little scared.  I know it is normal for symptoms to come and go.  But it scares me when my boobs aren't sore.   That is my main symptom and I'm not peeing as much as before.  Not as moody either.   I have not had any bleeding or cramping.    I know symptoms come and go, but it's so hard to tell yourself that.  My main symptom was sore boobs so a TMI moment is I'm periodically grabbing my boobs to test their soreness.  Yeah I know I'm a total dork.  
    I just really want this pregnancy to be viable and successful.  

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • @nerdymama15 I may be wrong here, but isn't blood from a SCH your own blood? In that case there is no need for a shot to prevent the reaction between R+ and R- blood.

And I feel you on the freaking out about having no symptoms. I only have sore boobs. I'm not even tired (on the contrary, can't sleep).
  • nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited October 2015
    yvide  But even if the sch is my own blood, it was in the uterus with the baby.  So couldn't that have mixed it?  

I think I will ask them tomorrow and see what they say.

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Does anyone else's anxiety increase more at night?? Every night I turn into a freakin basket case. And it's driving me and my BF crazy. Tuesday cannot come soon enough

• @pellylang I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs and thoughts and prayers.

• @nerdymama15

I would definitely bring it up! It can't hurt. Good luck at your appointment! I hate those initial appointments- I had mine on Monday. I have to wait 3 1/2 more weeks until my ultrasound.

You are not crazy at all. I grab my boobs all the time too. They have never been really sore but just mildly sore so when I don't notice it anymore I grab them (which can get awkward in an office LOL) just to check. I am mildly nauseous. I am tired but I am ALWAYS tired. Like always tired so I don't think of that as a symptom. I am in a constant state of worry. I'm trying to reign it in but it is hard. Sometimes I try to forget I'm pregnant because it makes it a little easier to handle. I too, just want everything to work out this time.

This is why I'm so glad people got on board with wanting this check in. I feel crazy 100% of the time, but coming here and seeing that other's are feeling the same, makes me feel less alone.

• I am 6 weeks 4 days based on LMP. I miscarried in May at about 7 weeks 4 days. The doctor in the ER said that most likely whatever happened had happened about 2 weeks prior.

Heading to my first OB appointment now, so if everything still looks OK today I will start to feel much more at ease. And if I make it at least another week and a half without issue, I will be even better!

Good luck everyone.
  • I am 6 weeks 4 days based on LMP. I miscarried in May at about 7 weeks 4 days. The doctor in the ER said that most likely whatever happened had happened about 2 weeks prior.

Heading to my first OB appointment now, so if everything still looks OK today I will start to feel much more at ease. And if I make it at least another week and a half without issue, I will be even better!

Good luck everyone.

I hope the appointment goes well!
  • @kaseyjh317

Good luck! I hope your appointment goes well!

• I'm 8w4d! I've been really tired and nauseous lately but I've welcomed the symptoms for the reassurance. I missed my progesterone suppository yesterday and I felt great! I was able to do more housework last night than I've done in weeks combined. My doctor said the progesterone is a big cause of my feeling tired. I still get scared and worried at times but I have to make myself choose to have faith that everything will be OK. Sometimes easier said than done!
  • According to LMP I am 7w5d ( I am very regular so this should be right ) but when I went to the dr last Friday at 7w baby measured 6w4d. Despite measuring a few days behind it had a good HB so we breathed a Lil easier but until it is here safely I will still worry. As for my history : miscarriage at 6w, blighted ovum discovered at 8w removed via d&c 10w5d, healthy lil girl, current pregnancy hoping this will be another healthy lil baby. This pregnancy seems to be going slowest of them all I just want to be done already and have that sweet little one in my arms already and the feeling like total crap ain't helping!
  • Just had scan this morning. So excited baby measured right on dates 7w5d and there was a heart beat. So hard to see much as have a tilted uterus but was such a relief to see a heartbeat!!
  • I am currently 9 weeks and 4 days.

I have had 3 pregnancies and 3 losses in the past year. One was at 4 weeks, one at 5, and one around 8 weeks. My doctor has done a lot of tests and hasn't found any reason as to why I've had recurrent losses.

I've had 3 ultrasounds so far with this pregnancy, and so far everything is looking totally healthy and normal! At our US yesterday, the baby had a strong heartbeat and was even moving around.

I constantly feel a mix of total excitement and total anxiety and fear. My husband is over the moon excited, but I feel like I won't feel as excited as him until we hit the 12 week mark. I'm ready for a healthy, normal pregnancy!
  • Hi! I'm 7w1d today. I had my first ultrasound last week...saw and heard the heartbeat which was very reassuring. I've also been really sick so I'm taking that as a good sign too.
    I hate having to wait a month between appointments. I do worry...what if something happens and I don't know for several weeks?
    I had a mc in June very early in the pregnancy. I never had an ultrasound, but it was devastating nonetheless. Ultimately, I just rely on my faith and know that God is in control no matter what happens.
  • Ok mommas, I need some good vibes! Had one episode of spotting last week and it happened again this afternoon. I'm 7 weeks 1 day. Going to the OB in the morning to check on LO. So nervous because DH is away (which is what happened last time).
  • 10 weeks 4 days today

Worried every single day. Have already told work and closest people in our circles because I feel like I need the support. Some people know about the previous loss, some don't. Telling extended family back home (Australia) after my 12 week ultrasound. Just want to see that heartbeat again before we break the news to my relatives of whom there are many! (Already had one US at 8 weeks, turns out I was 9 weeks)

Every morning I wake up wanting to feel less sick but then I'm reminded that feeling so crappy is such a good sign. I'm struggling with this the most. I've wanted nothing more my entire life than to be a mother and now that I'm pregnant I've never felt worse in my life. Trying to remind myself it's short term pain for long term gain is really hard.

I know some people are having trouble connecting to their baby for fear of loss, I'm definitely not one of them. Even my DH talks to my belly already. Not purchasing any baby goods until I'm about 5-6 months though...mum said its bad luck and I don't want to jinx myself.

Here's to happy health pregnancies for all of us. It's so nice to be able to share my fears about such a life changing process!!
  • Ok mommas, I need some good vibes! Had one episode of spotting last week and it happened again this afternoon. I'm 7 weeks 1 day. Going to the OB in the morning to check on LO. So nervous because DH is away (which is what happened last time).

@jessicalacey1226 please keep us posted. Thinking of you!!
  • I started a countdown to my ultrasound on my phone using an app. I have 24 more days until my ultrasound and it seems like it is just so far away. I just want to know that everything is ok in there.

I want to enjoy being pregnant like I did the first time and I'm finding it is nearly impossible. I have my ups and downs but I just want the time to pass so that I can breathe a sigh of relief. The fear is consuming me. Ugh. That is my vent today. I guess today is a "down" day.

• Thanks, @babycakes8214! So far, I'm still in the club! I went yesterday morning and was able to see LO's heart beating away! Baby was only measuring 6 weeks 5 days, and I think freaked my OB out because she calculated me to be 8 weeks. I told her the online calculators told me 7 weeks, which she said is more in line with what baby is measuring. She still wants me to come in on Monday to recheck the baby. On one hand I'm happy to not have to wait long to see my LO plus DH is excited to see the baby since he was away yesterday. On the other hand, I kinda wish they were waiting till further in the week so that we could get a better idea of how baby is growing.
  • Im a nervous reck as well. I had a missed m/c last may. Devastating. At 10 weeks we found out growth stopped at 6 weeks. This time I've had lots of level checks. Hgc to start which told us when an ultrasound would detect enough to look at. Also had progrsterone checked went from 34 to 25 in two days... not good. Had an ultrasound at that time and saw I was right on with when i ovulated (charting) also saw a heartbeat :) yup at 6w2d :) couldnt get a good number as peanut is so small. Doc said i could test progesterone every 2 weeks for my sanity. It dropped again to 20 and again 2 weeks later still at 20. They are putting me on supplemental vaginal suppository of 400mg to bring me up to 28 the avg and testing everyweek now. Hoping this works. Still 2 weeks till our next real appointment. The nurses are all nice and everyone ive told are super excited but i feel like im not yet bc i dont want to build it up to get shut down again. Im hoping all goes well and than at my 11 week appointment we will see baby healthy and strong and only then will i become estatic. Others in this position or feeling the same? Sorry so long just important facts to the story.
  • First U/S is on Friday and I'm so nervous. I don't know how far along I was with my previous loss, odd circumstances, but I have dreadful dreams about losing the pregnancy every night and wake up having to remind myself that I have had no reason to be worried so far. DH doesn't understand why I'm so worried. I'm also an L&D/ Maternity nurse so I have worst case scenarios in my head... I work with my OB every day and it's hard forme to admit that I'm losing my mind.
  • @elyons65

Try to relax. It is 2 days away and you will have all your fears addressed. Please let us know how it goes. I know it is hard to stay positive but we have to.
  • Thanks babycakes, I'll update in the more recent check in tomorrow.