May 2016 Moms
Options

Ten Things Tuesday

2»

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• Options
    1. I'm a Graphic Designer. Yay serifs.
    2. Husband is a Financial Advisor and is graduating in February. More yay!
    3. We don't have any pets but we want to get a Corgi and name it Stilts.
    4. Suffer from chronic migraines since I was 15.
    5. I have an obsession with fat babies. Really banking on a chunker.
    6. I will eat sour candy under my tongue bleeds. (No self control, no shame.)
    7. My brother's wife, my husband's sister, and I all experienced miscarriages within 3 months of each other.
    8. Sleep is one of my favorite things, but I wake up to everything.
    9. My husband was homeschooled and we really want to homeschool our children.
    10.The tendons in my left hand are jacked up from breaking it 10 years ago, so I can only bend/straighten out my fingers halfway.

Boom, there you go.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    Loved reading all the posts!

1. My best friend and I are pregnant at the same time! This is her first and my fourth so we are pretty excited we get to be pregnant together.
    2. I'm in escrow with the sale of my house right now, we bought when the market was low and we are pretty excited with the offer.
    3. With the money from the house sale we are starting an RV resort right across the street from where we are currently living. In fact, we have gotten so many permits out of the way just waiting for one more!
    4. DH is a very hands on dad. He was teaching our 4 & 5 year old how to change a tire today.
    5. I think if I have a daughter now it will be a lot more work. Either way I'm happy.
    6. DH and I are very go with the flow type people.
    7. I'm so proud of my kindergartener... Trying not to brag here but he's just so thoughtful and the sweetest thing.
    8. So many things in interest me. I wish I could do everything. And do them well.
    9. I love coffee and everything pumpkin... Except now I can't stand it being pregnant.
    10. Looking forward to reading these every week.
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a cool idea!

1. Just tried out for a solo for my choir's holiday concert; we'll see if I get it or not! Technically, it's for being a member of a quartet, but who's counting, right? ;)

2. DS is finally getting used to me going to choir again; he spent the first night of rehearsal crying as DH put him to bed, but he's been a lot easier about it since then.

3. Watched a fair bit of the democratic debate tonight before going to the audition; it was a lot of interesting content!

4. Not sure what book I want to read next; any recommendations in either sci-fi/fantasy or romance?

5. I'm going to miss having my teal-coloured hair, since we're not supposed to do hair dye during pregnancy. :(

6. Today's ultrasound went well! Heartbeat and growing right on schedule. <3 Just the one, so no twins for me!

7. Got my flu shot yesterday and my arm's still kinda sore. :\

8. I'm kind of ridiculously excited to finally go public with the pregnancy announcement. :)

9. Trying to figure out if I'll really be up for a vacation at 32 weeks; we've got friends all meeting at Tahoe, which sounds like fun and isn't too far away, but I'll be mid-third-trimester with a preschooler, so it may be more trouble than it's worth.

10. Sleep study next week to find out whether or not I have narcolepsy. Yay?
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. We are trying to finalize the floorplan for our master bedroom/bathroom/closet. This corner of the house will be completely emptied and rebuilt (the layout and workmanship were terrible!)
    2. This will be a DIY project, from design to material selection to labor. Better be done by May... I'm starting to have doubts.
    3. My car is probably the oldest daily driver here. It's from 1987.
    4. People think we're crazy but neither of us are into SUVs or any of that. We like regular cars and hatchbacks.
    5. Both of us are also kind of minimalists so maybe that's why we think that way. Full garages, attics and storage units make no sense to us.
    6. We're really into MCM and live in an old house, so someday we're going to un-renovate the bathroom that will be for the kids and make it ming green, maybe with black accents. We already have a new (old) bathtub, toilet and vanity for this project.
    7. A couple of our best friends are moving to Tacoma on Friday, we miss them already.
    8. Neither of us have any family within 1,000 miles of here and our respective families are really small. We're basically alone here.
    9. We don't really know too many people that live nearby but see them walking around, pushing strollers all the time. I wonder if we'll finally meet some of them since we would actually have something in common?
    10. I've been working for two weeks on the paperwork that's needed to start renovation and restoration work on a historic house we own near downtown. I think goes to the state, then the National Park Service, then back to me either approved or not. It's crazy because we aren't trying to change things, the "after" version will look the same as the "before," only in better shape.