Natural Birth
Options

What was on your birth playlist?

Hi all, 

I am looking for suggestions for songs/artists to add to my birth playlist. I am planning on having a natural unmedicated birth and have been practicing hypnobirthing, but our teacher said we should also have a set playlist of relaxing music for birth as well. 

Suggestions? What was on your list? =)

Re: What was on your birth playlist?

• Options
    I had a childbirth meditation that also came with an instrumental track. After that, instrumental Christmas music for my December birth.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I used Pandora to play the Nature Sounds with Music: Inspiring Thunder and Rain station while I was waiting for Labor to really kick in and then had my own playlist of songs that had special meaning to me. I wanted it to start peaceful and then get a little more hyped and upbeat in the middle and then level out again towards the end to mimic the waves of my labor.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put together a playlist of mostly post-rock instrumental music. I'm feeling like I will need something kind of melancholic to match the state I'll be in in labor. I love classical music and nature sounds but they just don't strike the right mood for me.

Mogwai and God Speed You! Black Emperor fill up most of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ruEY4jbZJU
  • Options
    A little late to this but I had a lot of John Legend and Michael Buble on mine. I played them a lot while pregnant and was advised by my OB to play them during delivery as well because baby would be able to recognize them. I actually forgot all about music during labor but thankfully H was there to take care of it.
    Married: 08/04/13
    DS: 11/25/14
    DD: 06/25/16
    EDD: 12/05/18

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers