September 2014 Moms

My 12 month old REFUSES to nap!

bjoobjoo member
edited October 2015 in September 2014 Moms
So within the past week, my dd has decided that she no longer wants to take naps... At all! She usually takes her naps around 9am and 1pm, and bedtime at 6:30pm. I am weaning her off the breast, and it has been going well. I would read to her and rock her a bit then she would nap. Now this week she is so exhausted and she will not lay down in her crib. I have tried everything from reading and rocking, CIO for 1 hr, nursing, Ferber, laying down w her, etc. NOTHING works :( She is so tired, but once I lay her down she immediately stands right up! She is way too young to give up naps altogether, but I am at a loss on how to get her to lay down and nap. I would even settle for one nap at this point. Please help! Any advice would be helpful.

Re: My 12 month old REFUSES to nap!

• This is a bad habit, but whenever I lay my daughter down I give her a bottle or sippy cup with some cold water. She's teething so the coldness of the water soothes her to sleep.
  • My LO went through the same thing around 11.5 months. I was stressed and thought he was ready to give up his 2nd nap. It was a separation anxiety phase he went through that lasted about 2 weeks. We did a lot of rocking that week to get him to sleep. He's back to normal now with 2 naps a day and sleeping on his own but those 2 weeks were terrible! I feel you!