June 2015 Moms
Options

Working Mom Check In - Maternity Leaves Ending?

123457»

Re: Working Mom Check In - Maternity Leaves Ending?

• Options
    I don't pump MOTN unless I'm really uncomfortable. But it would be a good way to increase production if you need to.

Today was the first day I had both kids and the dog in the morning before work. Usually I help with the kids and take care of the dog and DH drops off. We had a decent morning until drop off. Then DS had an atomic meltdown because I wouldn't let him take his cereal in (they were serving breakfast anyway). Nothing like a public meltdown to start the day. At least at day care everyone is understanding.

I need to catch up on the other threads but the kiddos have kept me busy.
  • Options
    I don't pump overnight. I still get engorged so in the AM she feeds and then I pump the rest out. This week when I start night shift again I will pump during the night and then not while I sleep during the day. We will see how that goes.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Really missing my little guy today. Sometimes looking at pictures on my pumping break is a bad idea :(
  • Options
    ciennah99ciennah99 member
    edited September 2015
    Anyone else already have a sick baby from daycare? First a cold, now hand foot mouth disease. I've got it too & it's miserable. I mean really miserable. Really complicating my back to work schedule. Hoping work doesn't get too upset. I've been working sick for the last week, finally called in today but am prob going to have to go in at least a half day tomorrow. I'm so paranoid about getting other people sick but my boss, who is a nurse, doesn't seem to think its a problem. I get sick a lot so I always feel like I have to push through it so I can keep my job.

ETA: Boss just text me & told me to stay home! I just never know with that one. I'm thinking she's had a glass of wine or two cause she was super sweet. She's got two personalities & I just never know which one I'm going to get!
  • Options
    krystleshelkrystleshel member
    edited September 2015
    Me. @ciennah99 ! My LO has a stomach bug. & yesterday she had a horrible rash. Doctor wasn't sure if they were related. No fever.
    I took off 2 half days & a full day tomorrow... Ugh. At least I get snuggles.

Edited to add: 4/5 infants in her room have it. The new 6-8 week old doesn't have it....
  • Options
    The first day of daycare went well! He didn't cry at drop off, which I was really worried about. I cried a little, but not until I got back to the car. DH picked him up and it sounds like he had a good day. The center is very communicative about everything they do all day, which is great.

The only thing is that yesterday he was home with DH (he only goes to daycare twice a week), and was acting fussier than usual and was a little clammy. This morning he sounds a little stuffy, so I think he may already have picked up his first cold. Luckily, we have a regular pedi appointment this afternoon, so we can ask her about it then.
  • Options
    @ciennah99 We've been at daycare for over a month now and I'd say LO has had a cold or stuffed up nose for 3.5 out of the 5 weeks. It seems like it's just going to be an ongoing thing. Thank goodness for the Nose Frida! Her school is very good about keeping toys and everything in the room wiped down, but I'm sure there's only so much that can be done. And it's only the beginning of cold and flu season! I hope you and your LO are better soon!
  • Options
    First night back on nights tonight. Super nervous...was hoping to get a good nights sleep last night and maybe nap when she napped today. Nope. Life calls. I'm exhausted already, and not sure how I'll stay up for another 21 hours.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 good luck today/tonight!
  • Options
    My lo has been in daycare about 8 weeks now and hasn't gotten sick (crosses fingers). She coughs occasionally like maybe 4 times a day and is generally pretty happy I'm wondering if this is because we give her probiotics everyday as recommended by her doc? But the daycare is also really small and only has 6 kids at a time and she is usually in the baby room. I'm hoping she stays this healthy little tyke for a little longer. Maybe she got her dad's immune system and is just lucky.
  • Options
    I feed my twins right before going to work, I pump for 15 minutes after 3 hours, then either run home to feed them on lunch or pump for 20-30 minutes (depending on flow) after another 3 hours. Then it's about 2.5 hours until I feed them again. I get anywhere between 7-12 ounces a session.

And luckily, my dh and I worked out our schedules so the kids don't go to daycare. DS was ALWAYS getting sick there. Had rsv at 6 months and 18 months. I'm not going to miss that.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Pump every 3 hours at work and have to pump one side when I wake up on the morning before feeding her. She usually only eats one side and gets distracted and wants to play so I'm ahead of the game now with a pump session before.

Im finding that I have little breathing room during the day, if I'm not in meetings I'm trying to get work done and when that's not happening I'm in the pump room. Then it's 5 and I'm thinking "what did I accomplish today?" Not enough hours in the day.

...I am a merchandise planner for a large southern retailer
  • Options
    So I have been back 3-4 weeks now but today my LO was so much more whiney and he could possibly be teething............. I can't stand the thought of my mother in law having him the next 2 days ...... She complained BEFORE when he was only semi needy......
    Today gave me a run for my money.
  • Options
    Finally had a moment to check back in. Fun to read about what everyone does. After 3 months of pumping at work I am completely over it. And I really don't have time. I now pump every 5-6 hours for 20 minutes. LO is on to me and now wakes up every 2-3 hours at night so we should be able to keep nursing.

1. High school teacher (chemistry, physics, environmental science), bike shop manager/buyer.
    2. What's not to love. I really do enjoy both my jobs, I just need to make some hard choices so I can eventually scale back and be home more.
    3. Playground, other playground, other playground. Nothing too complicated around here. Trying to let my 3 year old have a lot of time for unstructured play so we stay home at the toy box more and do the zoo/library/museum trips less right now (his request is to stay home). So cool to watch his imagination flourish. Lots of reading together too. And he loves clothes shopping so that's family recreation that I think is wicked awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker