March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Made the most delicious rich chocolate mug cake tonight. Topped it with ice cream and hot fudge. And now I'm reaching for the rolaids cause chcolate cake burps are AWFUL. Glad I'm off work tomorrow! Extra sleep for me!

Um, recipe please?! I LOVE mug cakes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Qq: those of you who felt the "quickening" early on ... Did you experience a lull in activity .. I am trying not to panic because I know movement is more towards 20 weeks ish normally sometimes later but the quieter tummy is making me worried .. I have a sono on Tuesday so I guess that will help to reassure me too ...

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• I have to cook 25 pounds of pork loin tomorrow and set up for a bridal shower for Saturday. I am tired just thinking about it. Oh and before I cook I have to clean my kitchen b/c my entire freaking house is a disaster
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anyone else up at midnight with a teething child who hates sleep? I dunno how many more nights I can take it. Thank god tomorrow is the last day of the work week. Dh is getting up with him this weekend!
  • skruhmin said:
    Hello from the beach. Sooooo I'm starting to freak about having 3 kids. Anyone else? Maybe it's because my 1 year old is into everything and my 4 year old has been mouthy all day. I'm kind of feeling out of control.
    Oh yeah. I've been having a hard time getting DD to school on time and it dawned on me that in a few months, I'm going to have to get 3 kids ready and in the car before 8 am! Poor DD is going to be tardy every day. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • @skruhmin and @mrspepper05 I am also freaking out a bit about three kids. I'm excited but keeping my 8 and 5 year old organized with all their activities and school has been hard while pregnant it's going to be worse with a newborn and sleep deprivation. I'm sleep deprived right now since my five year old decided to wake up at 4 am.
  • Good morning ladies :) 

I'm still kind of feeling alienated from my body today.  I broke down crying in the car on my way to work over it!! This is not normal for me and I hope it passes soon...I do love being pregnant but I'm still having a hard time with the weight issue, and I feel like Chewbacca with all this new hair growing in places I never had it before :(.  I am so happy today is jeans day :) I can feel normal!   

I'm going to try to get back into walking after dinner every night.  My mom thinks I should do mornings too but half my problem is I'm falling asleep exhausted by 7:30 at night so I'm up at 3-4:30 every morning when I don't need to be.  I need to readjust my sleep schedule so I will take longer walks at night so I fall asleep later.  I think its the only real thing that is screwing with my body- I was so exhausted all the time and going to bed early and now I have my energy back but can't get back onto a normal wake-sleep cycle. Since I really can't do much for my eating right now (thanks, Bean), I can at least try to exercise more to balance stuff out.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @skruhmin!!! have been missing you mama! was just going to say as much and then you post :)
    downloading the iphone update finally. 
    @kynbar5 that is hysterical about the ftm you know. but then, i totally know i do the same thing once the baby is bigger and moving around a lot - stop what i'm doing and i feel myself making a face. everyone else thinks it is funny. i don't mind husband or the kids feeling it though. 
    and coincidentally, y'day eve i felt some definite baby taps! and then a few minutes later again! so maybe no anterior placenta this time! it really was kind of exciting, but then again, it is still just the tiny wiggles and not huge disconcerting whole belly somersaults. 
    @charley15 i really need to start walking too - i have been so inactive this pregancny, which i am sure is contributing to my insecurities about my weight gain and crazy carb consumption. anyhow, i hope your post-dinner walks help your sleep cycle and boost your energy! good for you! 

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • smount2011smount2011 member
    edited September 2015
    @kynbar5 I still make faces when baby moves :)  Its my way of letting DH know and that everything is ok.  The first time I felt it I made a face and when he asked me what was wrong, he came on a dead run once I said I felt baby move. I had to stop him and let him know HE can't feel it yet but I can.  He was too cute :)  So now every time I crinkle my nose up DH and DD both know what's going on.

• @charley15 I love feeling baby move. I haven't felt anything this time yet. Well a few flutters but nothing like oh hi baby. I am 15 weeks 3 days on my 4th baby. I should feel him soon enough. I can't wait until my hubby can feel him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @charley15 I love feeling baby move. I haven't felt anything this time yet. Well a few flutters but nothing like oh hi baby. I am 15 weeks 3 days on my 4th baby. I should feel him soon enough. I can't wait until my hubby can feel him.

Lol I'm 17 weeks and I don't feel big movement I feel lots of flutters and "goldfish".  Baby seems to like our time together in the car on the way to and from work, when I turn up my music and sing to her.  I feel movement the whole trip :).  Baby must like my singing!

• Why oh why do i schedule appointments so late in the day? Silly me, a 4pm appointment just makes for a long ass day of me not being productive. lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• AND...phone lines are down.  Guess this secretary isn't doing CRAP today!  90% of my job is answering the phone.

• skruhmin said:
    Awww thanks loves. I fly back tomorrow, then I'll be back at work Monday.
    just wanted you to know, my <3 LoveIt is not so much that your vacay is ending and you have to fly home for work, as much as it is yay that we will see you back bumping around ;)

Autism mama! 
  • Lunch can not get here fast enough...I am STARVING.....I am so going to my favorite Mexican place and getting a huge chicken burrito smothered in cheese.....and maybe some of the fresh raspberry churros too!!!

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• No idea what's for din tonight.
    Did the iOS 9 update. Bump app is still crashy, but at least it opens and functions

Autism mama! 
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited September 2015
    I've never had a churro but I especially love raspberry anything during pregnancy (hated raspberry anything before my first pregnancy!)

Autism mama! 
  • Has it become a thing to throw yourself a baby shower? I keep seeing more and more posts about people doing their own shower. I don't like it.    /:)  
    Yeah my friend is currently planning her own baby shower, I've told her a few times that you really can't do that, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.  The problem I have is they want me to "throw" it, like run the games, umm I'm sorry but if I'm not planning it I don't think I'm going to act like I did.  I threw her an amazeballs bridal shower, but I get that she is a type A personality and she wants to have some control, but I can't deal with her having all the control.  Anyway not sure how that conversation is going to go but I'm not comfortable with it.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Slept in today, but dreading the errand so have to run when DH brings the car back home on lunch. But Christmas present shopping for my nephews who live in Mexico certainly brightens up having to go to.... Walmart. Ugh. I'm so hungry, and I want nothing to do with food really. This baby better learn to not be so picky...
  • Has it become a thing to throw yourself a baby shower? I keep seeing more and more posts about people doing their own shower. I don't like it.    /:)  
    Yeah my friend is currently planning her own baby shower, I've told her a few times that you really can't do that, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.  The problem I have is they want me to "throw" it, like run the games, umm I'm sorry but if I'm not planning it I don't think I'm going to act like I did.  I threw her an amazeballs bridal shower, but I get that she is a type A personality and she wants to have some control, but I can't deal with her having all the control.  Anyway not sure how that conversation is going to go but I'm not comfortable with it.

Wait a minute...if she's giving herself her own shower why do you have to do anything? I know it's nice to have a shower and have people excited and happy for you but asking for gifts is so awkward. 

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage

Wait a minute...if she's giving herself her own shower why do you have to do anything? I know it's nice to have a shower and have people excited and happy for you but asking for gifts is so awkward. 
    I believe it is to make it look like she didn't plan her own shower.....
  • No doubt. I'd be all like find someone else - if I'm hosting, I'm in charge. If she's planning everything, that's her gig and I'd want no part in ppl thinking it was me.

Autism mama! 
  • SparkE82 said:
    Peachie89 said:
    Had an appt today and Baby H about made me have a panic attack. I've been having nightmares about having a missed miscarriage and it took 5 minutes to find the heartbeat but she finally did. 135bpm which dropped from 170bpm at my 12 week appt. Is that normal??
    The heart rate seems to be at a perfectly acceptable range. It will slow down a little as you progress and the baby's heart gets larger. The rate will also chang throughout the day depending on whether the baby is active and moving, or in a resting state.
    @Peachie89 I'm a little delayed in my response here, but I had a HB of about 180 at my 9w appointment and then it was 150 at my 12w. I immediately panicked (because that's all I seem to do these days) but Dr said between 120 and 160 at this stage is very normal.I guess they usually start really high and tend to slow down post 12w, but again, there really isn't a normal in the world of pregnancy so I try to just take everything with a grain a salt.

• This HORRIBLE.  My phone has been out All. Damn. Day.  I have NOTHING today but sit here and wait for the bump to refresh!  I've done some laps around the halls, I'm thinking once staff leaves at 3, I'm just going to put my feet up and take a nap that's how bad it has been today!

• red3ye said:
    Just opened a can of worms on my Facebook I think. The is a group of friends I have on there that is constantly posting things about how the LGBT community will go to hell. They are good Christian people, and we get along as long as we don't discuss that topic. But I got tired of seeing their posts today and am waiting to see their responses. Not like I'll see them again as they like 15 hours away right?
    Good for you!!!  :-)
  • Tried to go see the Goonies house and they don't let you anywhere close to it. And they put tarps around it so you can't see in. Why would you buy that house knowing that movie was so popular and not let people see your house?
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• I remember reading very recently that the owners were dunzo with the tourists! Sad day :( I agree, I'm sorry I wouldn't buy an iconic house and expect peace and tranquility.

https://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/08/18/fed-up-owner-closes-iconic-goonies-house-visitors/31959307/

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I remember reading very recently that the owners were dunzo with the tourists! Sad day :( I agree, I'm sorry I wouldn't buy an iconic house and expect peace and tranquility.

https://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/08/18/fed-up-owner-closes-iconic-goonies-house-visitors/31959307/

Then they shouldn't have bought the house.  Dumb!!