October 2015 Moms

TEAM GREEN

Re: TEAM GREEN

• Baby #4. First time being team green. Due 10-15. Deciding on a name seems impossible. Also having a hard time bringing myself to actually purchase any baby items, not digging the gender neutral selections that are offered. Other than that we can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family!
  • Waiting for our second suprise. First was a boy, who is now 6. Everyone thinks this one is a girl. Due October 14!
    Boy name is Lucas Alexander
    Girl names is Carys (old Welsh name, meaning "to love"), maybe Rose for MN???
  • Loading the player...
  • We are team green too! 27 weeks this week and it is hard!!
  • I always get you have amazing patients how so you do it, and I'm like the same way our grandparents did it just wait.
  • We are due 10/15! It is great to see so many other people out there waiting to find out the gender until it is born. So many people tell us we are crazy but we are both so excited. Team green!! :)
  • Hanoveian84Hanoveian84 member
    edited August 2015
    I found out with my first two (a boy, age 4, and a girl, age 2, but this time I convinced my husband to join team green. :-) I love the added element of surprise!! If this is a girl it will probably be Grace Erin (though we always plan a "backup"), but we're still debating the boy name and are pretty much nowhere. I am high risk and have an ultrasound every 4 weeks (another this coming Monday), so it's hard sometimes!!
  • Don't doubt yourself! I was 100% sure I was having a boy. I know what I'm having. So never doubt your motherly intuition if you feel strong about it. I even got the hairy belly that is to indicate. Signs were right for me :)
  • I'm in need of some serious assistance with choosing a name(s). I couldn't find the name thread, so I thought some of my other Team Green mommas may be able to help...

With my previous pregnancy we knew immediately that if it was a boy we would use William Charles (William is DH's grandfather and Charles is my mothers maiden name). It was just that easy!

We are at a loss with this one!

My last name is similar to my screen name - two syllables ending in "chez" (FYI my sn is combo of my maiden name and married name)

For a girl we are using the name Claire - any thoughts on a middle?? Our original thought was Addison as a middle name. Does that flow?

For boys the 2 we have so far but are unsure...

Ethan James (DH isn't sold on Ethan)
    James Andrew (There are a ton of James/Jim's in my family which is why I like this but also don't)

Any help is appreciated!
  • It's our first and we are waiting very excited and nervous. X
  • crbpjb said:
    Funny team green story.  My BIL thinks we know and aren't telling.  He is completely convinced.  He just can't even fathom that someone would wait to find out on purpose.  LOL
    My MIL was like this with my first.  She was convinced DH and I knew and were just being jerks keeping it from the rest of the family.  She was always trying to trap us into admitting that we knew.  It got old fast.  
  • We tried to find out at last ultrasound but couldn't get a for sure. I was dissapointed now but there are so many cute winter outfits to dress baby in woth trees and animals on it that it doesn't matter. And I didn't want a pink or blue room anyways. Like really a baby dressed in a sheep print zip up onesie is still a super cute baby
  • I'm due with my second on October 24th :D and decided not to find out the sex this time around (I already have a boy). Is anyone else struggling when it comes to buying neutral clothes? What are your suggestions?
  • We didn't go crazy. We have a ton of onsies and about 10 outfits. People have already told us they are waiting until they find out what it is to buy clothes. Also, Christmas is soon after!
  • Oh okay, you're definitely right! Thank you!
  • I am so happy to have remained true to team green! At first, we thought it was going to be hard but watching everyone else squirm is hilarious and motivating. ;) Picking names is really hard, since we're also having twins! It's all so crazy!
  • I have almost given up on finding gender neutral clothes, that I LIKE. As of now I have 1 sleeper. I still have time, DD 10/15 but I am definitely getting anxious. My plan for now is to get 2 girl outfits and 2 boy outfits for bringing home baby/pictutes and saving the receipt. I also have my sister on stand by who will go out and pick up some clothes once i actually give birth.
  • I was able to go to a thrift store and found a decent amount of newborn thru 6 month clothing. I washed everything thoroughly once I got home, but I refuse to spend a ton of money on baby clothes! I got about 16-17 onesies (both thick and lightweight) for $34 (really good brands too like Carters etc)
  • I have the same exact cravings!!
  • Team green here. It's getting down there. 19 days and counting here until 10-4-15 due date. 37.2 today and I'm dilated 1 cm.
  • Due October 7 as well, but already started dilating last week. We have picked names for both a girl and a boy. Both names are our fathers' or mothers' first names combined. Looking forward to meeting baby, but I'll honestly miss "carrying" baby everywhere with me..
  • Boy is it ever getting hard to not know! Will just have to find out when I push this little one out!
  • I've been thinking if there is any good way to keep track after our babies are born of who had what. Maybe editing our original post?

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Getting very antsy, anxious, impatient! It's getting close!!
  • 36 weeks tomorrow and still can't decide on names! Anyone else? :/
  • How is team green going ladies? Do we have babies born that are boy or girl yet?
    Team green here at 39.3 here set to be induced next Tuesday at 40.2.
  • Team Green all the way. My husband and I didn't want to find out..so Oct 25 is our due date. We will soon know what our surprise is.
  • Still Green here. Due the 28th so I still have 4ish weeks to go. Thinking I may end up with Nov baby, we'll see!
  • Still green here also. Almost there :D
  • Green here! Not active on this board much but c-section scheduled for 10/23!
  • Still Team Green here also. Just found out my twin is expecting at the end of March. Thought we would be finding sex out at the same time since she would be about 19 weeks at my due date, but they got genetic testing done and already know. They're announcing pregnancy and sex together in a day or two. I'm so glad we are Team Green, but also dying to know what we are having and a little jealous of her knowing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still Team Green at 40+5 but might be in early labour:D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck @allispam! My last was born at 40+6. :)
  • Team green officially expires this friday!
    We still do not have any names.
    Feeling overwhelmed by the fact that I still do not have very many clothes for LO.
    So close yet feels so very far and I'm just a blubbering mess.
  • allispamallispam member
    edited October 2015
    Good luck @allispam! My last was born at 40+6. :)

@NathanheartsKim: Team Pink at 40+6! :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • allispam said:

Good luck @allispam! My last was born at 40+6. :)

@NathanheartsKim: Team Pink at 40+6! :D

Ahhhh! Yay!! @allispam ♡♡♡♡♡♡
  • It's a girl! Josslyn was born @3:19pm
  • I've been thinking if there is any good way to keep track after our babies are born of who had what. Maybe editing our original post?

Maybe a new thread with a poll can be started and stuck at the top (in place of this thread?) in order to reveal the number of boys/girls born to those who were team green? Or do we all want to post individually what we have?
  • Lbloom said:
    I've been thinking if there is any good way to keep track after our babies are born of who had what. Maybe editing our original post?
    Maybe a new thread with a poll can be started and stuck at the top (in place of this thread?) in order to reveal the number of boys/girls born to those who were team green? Or do we all want to post individually what we have?

I like that idea!