Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Snarky Saturday

The "Am I Pregnant?" posts and headbanging questions being asked over at First Trimester are leading me to be snarky on this fine Saturday. Anyone else feeling extra snarky today?

Re: Snarky Saturday

• Options
    Word! I just can't with the drama-llamas today

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is going to be my go to on all am I pregnant posts from now on.

Yaaaaaas!

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Options
    I can't even. Tonight feels worse than other nights to me. Geez.....

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    It's making me pissy because I am pretty sure I am out this month based on some light spotting and general crankiness, makes me want to slap a B even more.
  • Options
    Thanks @hunnybunny17 so do I!
  • Options
    I normally feel like we get the "am I totes pregs" posts during the work week. I don't know, people bored at work and looking for something to do. Guess I was proven wrong this weekend.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Extending this into Snarky Sunday. People be cray-cray, and the snark is with me.

• Options

Do you girls wonder if attitude has anything to do with inability to conceive? On all of the boards, this one is the most "snarky" as you would say, and also has the majority of non-pregnant women.

I think the power of positive thinking is important. The ladies on the birth month boards are very kind and they are pregnant. Kind and loving people are having children. This energy could be spent supporting others! Maybe then you will see a change! Hoping for success for all of you. Take a look at Berne Brown. She is an author and speaker who talks a lot about positive thinking!

Seriously? I don't even know where to begin. @Deeny14 nailed her response to this.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    How I felt reading @conniemeri 's post:

Then:
  • Options
    Oh ladies, you don't have to declare yourselves "mean girls!" I can only imagine the pain in your hearts. I was just suggesting a new, more productive way of believing and thinking. If you want facts, you can look at the tone of the pregnant boards and this one. It's a big difference! I am excited to join this community, and I am looking to learn a lot from my board! I hope you all end up there soon! Just try to open your hearts and spread joy! It may do wonders for you!
  • Options

Oh ladies, you don't have to declare yourselves "mean girls!"

I can only imagine the pain in your hearts. I was just suggesting a new, more productive way of believing and thinking. If you want facts, you can look at the tone of the pregnant boards and this one. It's a big difference! I am excited to join this community, and I am looking to learn a lot from my board! I hope you all end up there soon! Just try to open your hearts and spread joy! It may do wonders for you!

Um... We aren't declared "mean girls." She said the ladies and her BMB declared them that.. Not this board. I'm all for sharing joy and opening my heart as I'm sure the other ladies are as well, but I'm not going to constantly share joy where joy isn't due.

Maybe you should take your own advice.. Open your heart and you might realize that many of the ladies on this board have been trying for a baby for months.. Even years! This is an outlet to vent, share experiences and advice, give encouragement when due, and be honest. Yes sometimes we can be snarky, but after dozens of BFP thrown in our face, what can you expect? Let's try to be more understanding and please don't tell us to change our tone or attitude just like we wouldn't tell you to be snarky.
  • Options
    @GridIronGrrl34 I am so sorry for your loss.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    @sripley134 @CoachBeckyCooper thanks. 

I mean, I just can't even... Anyway, I wasn't trolling for sympathy, just trying to make a point. But I appreciate you ladies ;)
    Married 2007 - DH & I: 39
    DS #1: Sept 2011
    TTC #2 January 2015:  BFP 8/1/2015, MC 8/27/2015 
    Surprise BFP 6/28/17... Chemical pregnancy confirmed:  7/2/2017
    TTC #2 again:  July 2017
  • Options
    Oh ladies, you don't have to declare yourselves "mean girls!" I can only imagine the pain in your hearts. I was just suggesting a new, more productive way of believing and thinking. If you want facts, you can look at the tone of the pregnant boards and this one. It's a big difference! I am excited to join this community, and I am looking to learn a lot from my board! I hope you all end up there soon! Just try to open your hearts and spread joy! It may do wonders for you!

******loss mentioned*******

Well no kidding. The girls who are pregnant are in better moods than we are? Shocking!

I just want to say also, that as someone currently going through a loss (I'm still bleeding from my miscarriage), I find this offensive. To insinuate that maybe I'd be pregnant if I just had a better attitude? I'm hurt and offended by that. And I'm offended not just for myself, but for all of the wonderful women on this board who are supporting each other through trying whatever it takes to start/expand their families. I mentioned in my intro thread, that as I am still experiencing my loss and therefore unable to get pregnant right now, I intended to just lurk here and try to re-educate myself in preparation for trying again. It is these women, who you claim to be so negative, who have drawn me out, made me smile, and given me something to look forward to at a time when everything pretty much sucks. I hope you'll consider that before you fling any more accusations about people's "lack of positivity" bringing them down.
    I am so very sorry for your loss. 

• Options
    Orlaa said:
    Do you girls wonder if attitude has anything to do with inability to conceive? On all of the boards, this one is the most "snarky" as you would say, and also has the majority of non-pregnant women.
    This board has the majority of non-pregnant women because it's a TTC board ie. for women who aren't pregnant yet. It has nothing to do with the level of snark. Also, I reckon at least 90% of the snarky responses on the TTC board are directed at posters who come here asking if they're pregnant, or drive-by BFPs, both of which are not really issues on the BMB boards. This is just one reason why there's less snark there. I mean, many of the snarkiest people from this board have since moved on to their BMB board after getting a BFP, so it obviously didn't stand in their way.... To sum up, your post struck me as ridiculous.

• Options

Praying for each of you! People who are hurt can lash out.  I do not take this personally.  Try to spread happiness and that is what will return to you!  I hope you all find happiness and then healthy children!

When you say you are praying for us and you hope we find happiness, that is insulting.  Using exclamations in almost every sentence, also translates as someone that is yelling.  This is not coming across friendly at all. 

Maybe "sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone" might have been better suited. Just a piece of advice.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Hi all,

Maintaining a welcoming environment in the community is something we take very seriously. We welcome debate and engaging dialogue from all perspectives here. We do not tolerate bullying. If you feel you’ve experienced bullying within the community,

Please:

Flag comments that violate our TOU by using the “Report a TOU Violation” feature below posts
    Send a Private Message to BumpTara or @BumpCaitlin describing your concerns or send an email to communitybumpxogrp.com and include links to any threads that you are concerned about so we can properly investigate.

Please do not:

Post on the boards about your grievances with the community or individual members. Doing so tends to result in unproductive arguments among members and escalates situations.

By flagging posts that violate the TOU and sharing your concerns directly with our moderators, we are able to address issues promptly and properly.

We will be closing this thread for further comments. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"