December 2015 Moms

Using Nair.. Down there.

Hi ladies. So as my belly continues to grow it's become increasingly difficult to shave my lady parts. Waxing is like torture when you aren't pregnant.. With the increased blood flow and sensitivity during pregnancy, I wouldn't dare! So I was thinking of buying a bottle of Nair that is specific for the bikini zone, spraying it on and hoping for the best! Just wondering if Nair is safe to use while pregnant? I've read a bunch of mixed reviews on the subject. How are you ladies keeping yourselves groomed?
TIA!

Re: Using Nair.. Down there.

• I'm not brave enough to attempt waxing or nair with my skin. I would suffer for days lol.
    I just use an electric trimmer to shorten if things are out of hand and trim around the sides well with a razor. I take the lazy way out ;)
  • I'm the same as PP... Razor in the shower and trim with an electric razor. I don't do anything fancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried the bikini nair my first time pregnant. My sister swore by it. Lets just say lesson learned. Never again. I left it on for the amount of time it said and it burnt my lady parts. So this time around I've just stuck to shaving. Sucks you can't see much but its better than fried parts lol…… but maybe my skin was just to sensitive for it… good luck!
  • I read don't do it ... Too many chemicals
  • I just do the best I can and shave without seeing. That's gotta count for something, right!?
  • I haven't used Nair for down there but I have used it on my legs. Worst. Decision. Ever. i had terrible "razor" burn and the hair didn't even come off. So, personally, I'd rather be scruffy then use Nair.
  • My advice - if you haven’t been keeping up with it leave it alone. Nair will most likely irritate you and since you already nixed waxing you have only shaving left as an option. It sounds like you haven't been doing that either so you likely to either cut yourself or cause razor bumps which are no fun.

The doctors don't care so I say leave it
  • I have extremely long arms so I'm not having any problems reaching around this big ol belly lol. Of course I'm shaving blindly but it's better than nothing!

I used Nair when I was a teen and it burned like hell. Definitely test a spot before diving in head first! Good luck. We'll all be Chewbaccas in a few months anyways!
  • I think I had a wax around 16 weeks... It hurt 10 times worse than usual and took much longer for my skin to calm (days...)
    I actually just awkwardly asked my SO to groom my bits. He gladly accepted.
  • jjmace said:

I think I had a wax around 16 weeks... It hurt 10 times worse than usual and took much longer for my skin to calm (days...)
    I actually just awkwardly asked my SO to groom my bits. He gladly accepted.

I almost asked about this, how many women here have their partner help. Last time I had my hubby help with the trimmers a couple times. It seems fair since I cut his hair when he doesn't want to go to the barber. This time I just trimmed it all down close and likely won't bother doing anything until after Bun is born and I've recovered.
  • I've been waxing for years now. I had my first pregnancy wax when I was around 13 weeks, another one around 20/21 and another yesterday at nearly 27 weeks. I don't mind waxing before or during pregnancy, to me there's no difference in pain levels but I have noticed my skin is slightly redder in pregnancy following a wax.
    If you're a regular waxer it's best to continue throughout pregnancy.
    I would avoid hair removal products as you can be very sensitive during pregnancy. I think electric shavers are your best option as you're less likely to cause any damage or irritation like a razor (especially on the bits you can't see!!).
    If worst comes to worst, have you got a best friend or even partner who could help you out?lol
    X
  • MrsDarke said:

I've been waxing for years now. I had my first pregnancy wax when I was around 13 weeks, another one around 20/21 and another yesterday at nearly 27 weeks. I don't mind waxing before or during pregnancy, to me there's no difference in pain levels but I have noticed my skin is slightly redder in pregnancy following a wax.
    If you're a regular waxer it's best to continue throughout pregnancy.
    I would avoid hair removal products as you can be very sensitive during pregnancy. I think electric shavers are your best option as you're less likely to cause any damage or irritation like a razor (especially on the bits you can't see!!).
    If worst comes to worst, have you got a best friend or even partner who could help you out?lol
    X

I agree with this. I'm usually just a summer waxer. For people who've had one bad experience I do have to say the first one hurts like a b but subsequent waxes hurt a lot less and take less time. So my May wax did hurt a ton and I might have been more sensitive due to pregnancy, however since that one they've been getting easier and easier.
    Since I have super sensitive skin to begin with, blind shaving would probs be my worst option so I'm planning on waxing throughout my pregnancy (maybe I'll stop caring towards the end thought:))

• I know for some its kind of humiliating to have to ask for help, even with little things, so with something personal, it can be even harder, but I personally cant stand more than a little bush, everything HAS to stay trimmed or be completely gone...bending around has gotten to be too much for me. I finally HAD to ask my BF for help. We both laughed the whole time, & it was pretty awkward, but I feel SOOO much better now. He even joked that if he had been the one to do my legs I wouldn't have missed a spot, I told him he can do my legs next time too! 

I gotta say I feel extremely lucky to have a guy who is understanding and helpful! 
  • I tried Nair around 10 weeks, and although I have used it before the "sensitive skin" formula was not gentle enough. I'm just now starting to not be able to shave...I am sure the Drs and nurses aren't worried about hair so I am letting it be.
  • Just shave blind. Nair while pregnant is no good in my experience. I can usually use it, but tried it ONE time last pregnancy and it burned immediately. Never again.

imageimage

• I'm 26w+2 and I can still see everything well enough to hit it all with a razor like I always have (I go completely bare). Also, I just use my sense of touch to make sure I get everything removed and have a feeling I'll just rely on that when my bump is too big to see around.
    Nair scares me! I wouldn't even use it on my legs because I have sensitive skin and don't want to risk it. If I wax any part of my skin it's inflammed for at least a day do that's definitely out of the question. I might just suck it up and get everything waxed a few weeks before because I highly doubt I'll be able to shave for quite some time after giving birth naturally (though with my high risk condition a c-section is almost a guarantee). DH won't be seeing my vagina/labia for weeks after giving birth anyway but body hair bugs me in general.
    Maybe I should've just sprung for laser treatments a long time ago.....
  • I asked DH to do it for me and he said he didn't feel comfortable with it, so I'm going all natural. I'm on pelvic rest anyway, so who cares. I'm a little bitter about the pelvic rest...
  • *******Lurking from January*********

Nair burns like hell, even on legs when pregnant.  I use VEET on my nethers, and I only leave it on 5 minutes. I use it every other Sunday.  I just slather it on blindly, then after the time runs out, use a washcloth to wipe/rinse it away instead of the little plastic doodad that comes with it.  My doctor was fine with it last pregnancy.

*******Back to lurking******** 

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers