September 2015 Moms
Options

Has everyone packed their bags?

I'm 35 weeks 5 days & Have yet to pack my hospital bag or even wash any baby clothes. I guess it's because I'm convinced she's not going to come early but then seeing my midwife today and she told me to get one ready and also a friend of mine had hers packed at 34 weeks and now I'm starting to think wow am I one of the only ones to leave it til Now lol

Just wondered if anyone else hadn't packed theirs yet?

Re: Has everyone packed their bags?

• Options
    I've thrown a few things in that I think I'll need but I don't feel like 'I'm packed'. We live only 20 mins from the hospital so I'm not overly concerned and didn't need that much last time. If I end up needing a csection because I'm overdue I'll likely do a better job because I'll be in for a longer stay.

I just bought a new diaper bag yesterday so I'm excited to pack baby's bag now and that will likely get done today.
  • Options
    You are not alone...I made a list. That's as far as I've gone. I also have not washed any baby clothes. My DH keeps asking me to pack my bag because he is worried he will pack the wrong stuff if he has to do it. Lol....love him! I am very lax about all this for some reason and DH is full blown nesting. He has cleaned, put crib together, and all sorts of stuff. We are scheduled for CS on Sep 8, but I could go into labor before that. (baby is huge and has run out of space)
    I should probably get my butt in gear.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not packed anything. I have washed baby clothes and pulled the small rolling luggage bag out to put my stuff in.
  • Options
    Nope. But im gonna pack today...(been saying that for weeks but Im serious this time!)
  • Options
    I packed my bag but am waiting until baby is born to have DH wash either the "little brother" or "little sister" take home outfit.
  • Options
    No I haven't packed anything either. We are in the process of moving to a new house so I'll be super late packing my bag. I'm 34+1.
  • Options
    I've started my bags but they're definitely not packed. All I have in mine is some towels, depends, and a bag of toiletries. In the diaper bag I only have a few diapers and a mini pack of wipes. I still have to wash clothes and blankets for the babe. I'm hoping to have everything done by 27 weeks, I'm 25 w and 2 days now
  • Options
    I packed mine around 32 weeks (now I'm 36) just because I am planning to work until the Friday before my Monday due date and I work an hour away from my hospital. So if I go early and I am at work I don't want to have to worry about packing, and like PP said I don't know if DH would pack the things I really need/want.
  • Options
    Almost 37 weeks and I finished packing this past weekend. Still have a few odds and ends to throw in there, but they're packed for the most part! I'm a huge planner, so I felt like that was late for me and it was starting to stress me out!
  • Options
    I've packed the stuff I'm not using right now. Like pj's pants and socks. I was waiting till this week to wash baby clothes but last week I realized I was so stressed having not washed them I went ahead and did it haha I have a list in the bag with all the things I need to get the day we go. I've also packed a bag for big brother so he'll be ready to go. I'm 35 weeks today but I've felt like he's going to come around 37 so I wanted to be ready
  • Options
    I learned the hard way with my 1st. I procrastinated had non of the clothes washed it even packed my bag. Went into labor at 35 weeks. I washed all the clothes at 30 weeks to just get out of way which BTW took 8hrs to do. I thought it was never going to end. I did not realize how much clothes I had. And j packed my bag at 34 weeks.
  • Options
    36.3 and haven't packed lol. Plan to this weekend!
  • Options
    Nope, but I'm only 34 weeks. I probably won't pack mine for a couple more weeks. I'd be very surprised if this baby comes early. Lol!
  • Options
    My bag is out and sitting under the bassinet. There are a few things that I got in the mail from amazon for the big day but I am nowhere near being packed.
    I am actually waiting till I go in to labor to pack my bag. It will give me something to do and not think about the passing time.
  • Options
    37 weeks over here and Nope not packed over here! Just got around to washing baby's clothes so I plan on having everything packed by weeks end. I'm really hoping baby comes on her actual due date of 9/4, but idk if she'll wait that long.
  • Options
    Yep. Bags packed for DH and I at 34 weeks.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    35+4 and bags have been packed or 2 weeks. I've had all baby items washed since week 32
  • Options
    I packed on Fri as we left for vacation (2 hours away) Sat and I wanted to bring my bag just in case. The only outfit I've washed is the take home outfit. We didn't start the nursery yet either. Will start when we get back from vacay next week at 37.5 weeks. Third kid so definitely more laid back than before!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    35 +5 stm. Hospital n baby bag not packed yet but washed all baby clothes and blankets. Getting there...
  • Options
    I'm 35+5 and I just packed my bag this past weekend. We've been getting things for baby in the mail all week, so I've been doing laundry as necessary for him. I have his bag packed as well. I have a feeling he'll be late, so I'm not in a big hurry to get things done, but I want to be ready in case he makes his appearance early!
  • Options
     37 weeks 3 days -- packed and loaded into DH's car... mainly already done because of the possibility of being either told to go to L&D or going early (potential wrong due date)... But now.. .its the waiting game that is making me so anxious! ha so maybe I should have waited to pack and load the bags... would give me something to do!
  • Options
    Bag packed with a list of the things I'm still using on top of the bag to remember to grab them before we leave.
    It would have been funny to see what my husband would have packed for me if he had needed to in an emergency... It's like when I send him to the grocery and he comes back with his own interpretation of the list I gave him.
  • Options
    Just finished backing it last night because I'm in early labor.
  • Options
    35.5 weeks and I packed mine and packed bags for all 5 kids last week.
  • Options
    I'm slowly gathering things everyday!! I'm trying not to over pack! Haha. For baby, hospital has everything he will need, but I brought a few precious outfits anyway! I need to find the 'what did you pack?' Thread again because I feel I'm forgetting so much! We only live 3 minutes from our hospital, so getting things we forgot is not a huge issue, but still! I'm due in 3 weeks and 1day!!!!!!
  • Options
    I packed mine yesterday and it feels good to have it done and ready so I don't have to think about it. I'm 34wk +4. I had my son 3wks early so you never know .... getting close :-) .
  • Options
    We packed our bag at 33 weeks because I went to the hospital for cramps and it turned out I was having contractions and my cervix had starting dilating and thinning out. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Both of my boys had to be induced so I haven't seen a point in packing a bag. Baby girl still seems to have plenty of room in her little hotel. I think she has plans for a long-term stay. I went from being dilated to nothing. The child is just not committed.
  • Options
    I packed mine over the weekend because DH had a bit of a panic attack after our last birthing class. I'm further along (34 weeks) than most anyone in the class and they are all super prepared (bags packed, nurseries finished, meals cooked and frozen, etc.) while we have literally nothing done. To ease his anxiety I did laundry (we only have one load worth of clothing/blanket/sheets combined), packed a bag, and unboxed/installed the car seat. We haven't finished anything else, but at least now he feels like if something happened tomorrow, we would be ready to go to hospital and would have cloths for the first couple days.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    Mines packed enough and babys is packed. If I have time I would add a robe and nightgown but if not then I'll manage with what's already in the bag.
  • Options
    35w2d and haven't packed a bag yet. Only washed a few things. Still have yet to wash her clothes.
  • Options
    36 +6 and nursery is done, clothes/blankets are washed up to 3 months, and have 3 bags for hospital! One for labor with hubby snacks and few things for me, post partum bag with clothes and toiletries, then lil man bag with outfit, blanket, and nursing cover. Finalized all yesterday but been done since about 35 weeks. Thinking he's gonna be late but mom was 2 weeks early with older brother and me so wanted to be ready in case.
  • Options
    I've had mine packed since about 28 weeks, just in case. I wouldn't be too happy if my SO brought me things that didn't fit.
  • Options
    I had preterm premature rupture of membranes at 29+1. Bag only like 10% packed!! Lol I wouldn't have imagined needing it so soon, but really wish I had packed it. We were so scared leaving we didn't stop to put anything else in the bag. DH, bless his heart, was hopeless! He didn't understand any of what I needed when he went back home!! Lol and I'm 2-1/2 hours ago now. Thank to some wonderful generosity of an aunt who bought me clothes I have something to wear! And a close friend bought me stuff to fix my hair too!
  • Options
    I haven't packed any bags yet. I have found a few items to add to my hospital bag I just haven't got everything. I'll have more of an idea on how baby is growing and when she thinks baby will make a debut this Thursday.
  • Options
    kaylarenae3kaylarenae3 member
    edited August 2015
    I am just now starting to pack my bag. We had our hospital your last night and they told us they provide everything for baby and mom postpartum. So that helps keep my list of things down. (I had read on here that some of your hospitals didn't provide stuff for baby or pads for mom, etc.) I'm 35w4d! Haven't washed baby's clothes yet because I'm having an ultrasound on Friday and want to make sure baby isn't huge and won't fit in newborn clothes :)

SUGGESTION: at our hospital tour, they told us they don't allow anything to be plugged in, including phone chargers! Thankfully we have a bunch of battery banks, but if you don't, I would suggest buying one! You charge them beforehand and then plug your phone into them when you need to charge up :)
  • Options
    I've been to L&D twice now and still haven't packed anything really. I'm having a very late shower so I was holding off on packing it and getting final things I need until then. My mom was 2 weeks late with both my sister and I so I don't see the rush in it as I will probably be late as well.
  • Options
    lesliecostalesliecosta member
    edited August 2015
    35w3d. The babies bag is packed but mine isn't. I wear the only maternity pants, tops, undies and bras that fit so packing them up won't work out. I have set my toiletries aside at least!
  • Options
    I'm just under 35 weeks and I haven't started packing yet. I've thought about it... but that is about as far as I've gotten. LOL. I feel exactly how @surprisepkg31 said she feels!

Also, there is a part of me that refuses to pack until closer to 38 weeks because everyone else keeps saying he'll come early because he's so big but I REFUSE to believe it. I'm protesting. So there! LOL