March 2016 Moms
Options

Circumsize-yay/nay

2»

Re: Circumsize-yay/nay

• Options
    Yes. My brother (who is much younger than me) was not. I know it was cleaned regularly but it got infected and he had to get it done later, which was a much more troublesome thing to happen to a 4 year old than a newborn. I'd rather just get it done right away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My uncle had to get it done as an adult and he now calls his penis his Frankenstein since the scars are visible. I have a friend that had to get his done as a preteen because of the foreskin being too tight and he couldn't manually manipulate it back he says he would never put his son through what he had to go through. I find it more traumatic for an older child to have to remember the surgery and pain from it than a baby who would never remember it and the recovery period is longer the older you get. Again just my opinion.
  • Options
    No way.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I don't really want to (if I have a boy)as it's not common where I'm from. Having said that, DH does have it done and so any DS we have will probably follow suit.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Absolutely not. Reading about the process of circumcision itself is enough to make me want to throw up. I can't imagine putting my newborn through that. "An Elephant in the Hospital" is a great video resource for those who have a limited understanding of circumcision.
  • Options
    Both of my boys are. However my oldest wasn't circumcised until he was about 1.5 yrs old, and that was because his urethra wasn't in the right spot. (Hypospadius repair) or something like that. I'm probably spelling it wrong, but anyways they had to wait til he was older because of having to use anesthesia for the repair and they needed the foreskin for the repair. Luckily with my 2nd son he was circumcised right after birth. Neither of my kids had any issues afterwards though. If this baby is a boy he will be circumcised as well.
  • Options
    If we have a son he will be circumcised at his bris...we are Jewish so we must follow the tradition.
    View Full Size Image
    Happily Married 7/2011
    DD Born 8/2013
    Baby Due July/2015(Loss Dec2014)
    Baby #2 Due March/2016

• Options
    We won't - my husband's family is from Spain/Cuba and they don't do it there
  • Options
    We will. My 3.5 yr old DS is and had no complications whatsoever.
  • Options
    Nope, we want it be our son's choice when he becomes an adult
  • Options
    Oh no! That is such a cruel way to "welcome" a child. Specially in age where sops and water is easily accessible. It's pretty sad.
  • Options
    Soap***
  • Options
    Nope...not even a discussion, not even a debate... my DH would flip if I even implied it

It's a cultural or religious thing and it's not the typical thing in the UK
  • Options
    God made my son with a foreskin and who am I to remove it? We will teach him how to clean it properly so no infections arise.
    Would you cut off a girl's clitoris because it was difficult to clean?
  • Options

If we have a son he will be circumcised at his bris...we are Jewish so we must follow the tradition.

Same here.
  • Options
    Absolutely, we'd never consider not having it done. Working in the medical field I've come across way too patients with increased risk for bladder infections, constricted foreskin, yeast infections, etc... related to not being circumcised.
  • Options
    We did with my first and will with this one too if it is another boy.
  • Options
    I let my husband decide with DS, since he has a penis and knows what it's like. He chose to circumcise, and we did not have any issues. Our pediatrician did it before we left the hospital.

• Options
    All 4 of my boys are and we've never had any problems. Lots of Vaseline and it was a pretty quick heal.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    We did with our first son, and I regretted it.  I figured he should "look like Daddy" and all of that, but his skin actually started healing back together and we had to get it re-cut.  Then he got a yeast infection, which I felt was related to all of it.  I wish I had done the more natural thing and just left him alone!  So, if we have another boy this time around, I don't think so.  Only if hubby has a strong opinion about it, which I don't think he will.  
  • Options
    Nay! Here's a really good read about the foreskin in general. It's definitely worth the read no matter what you plan to do!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My hubby is quite against it. I don't know where he heard this from (and obviously base on no known facts), he said that circumcised men are not as "strong" and "powerful" in bed.  LOL.  He said if our LO is a boy, he will teach him how to clean himself very well so he performs well in bed. 
  • Options
    If this is a boy, yes. In my lifetime I've known of 5 males who weren't. 4 of them had to have it done later in life and wished it had been done for the when they were babies.
  • Options
    Best way to do it when he is about 7 days or 15 days maximum, so he will heal so fast Without any problems and it won't be traumatic in the future. If I have a boy I will do it, in my country people do it because of hygiene all the urologs suggest that. So go for it :)
  • Options
    If our little one is a boy we will be circumsizing
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    edited August 2015
    Letting husband decide, and if he felt strongly against it that would be ok with me. I asked him hypothetically (don't know the sex yet) and he definitely wants to do it, which I am happy with.
  • Options
    I don't have a strong opinion for either side. If it is a boy, we will not be circumsizing just because his dad isn't.
  • Options
    My first is and any future sons will not be. I am a regret mother. I will never take that choice away from another child. It is his penis, he should get to decide.
  • Options
    If we don't circumsize girls for hygiene in this country, why do we inflict it on boys? I have known SEVERAL men who are uncut, and they are just as good as if not better than those who are. Let them decide. Kids are going to hate a lot about how you raise them anyway, so tell them it's their decision to make, and move on.
  • Options
    *Circumcise*