October 2015 Moms

Show Off Your Nursery!

Re: Show Off Your Nursery!

• @Sweet Sadie, that is my hold-up at this point, too.  The nursery has wood floors, white walls, and white furniture, and I am mentally blocked from decorating until I have a rug I like so I can match the colors to it.  Which probably makes no sense.  But I can't find a rug that I like that's a reasonable price!  I want something that can still be used when she's older.

• I finally have a picture to share of the crib wall. Everything else is a mess.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2015
    For the love of God. This should work on a PC.... Sorry for the multiple post fails ladies!

Edited: I think it worked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little late to this, but we have finally gotten closer to our nursery being completed!
  • I can't see anyone's pics! :(
  • Latest pic of stocked closet! Feeling good!
  • I'm having trouble seeing pics too!! I'll try to upload mine again...
  • A little more progress since the last post but still needing artwork!
  • @dlav the stripes are black and they're vinyl stickers from wallsneedlove.com. I actually work at a company that makes customized vinyl wrap-type things so I had our designer do her name with the Kate spade font
  • @Wigglesx2 the rug is from overstock.com
  • Just got everything put together. Still needs some work.
  • morganabyrdmorganabyrd member
    edited August 2015
    A lot left to do but I finally finished painting the glider and crib, and sewing the linens. I'm loving the progress!!
  • @morganabyrd where did you get your bedding, I love it!
  • Krysta6 said:

@morganabyrd where did you get your bedding, I love it!

My mom and I actually made it. Thank you!! I'm so happy with how it turned out. I kind of copied a set I saw on Etsy that I fell in love with, but was far too expensive for my liking, and ordered the fabric from spoonflower.com.
  • Our girls are sharing rooms but we just put the bed up!
  • dlavdlav member
    Why cant I see any pictures? :(
  • babyvelasquez2015 we have the same crib and dresser, love it!  You're further along than we are with decorating since you have a rug.  We have white furniture and white walls - I'm calling it the sanitorium-themed nursery.
  • I can't either?! Is there a trick?
  • dlav said:
    Why cant I see any pictures? :(

I can't either?! Is there a trick?
    I can't only on page 3 for some reason
  • Lanae008Lanae008 member
    edited August 2015
    How are you guys painting the furniture?
  • Waiting on the dresser to arrive, then will rearrange and hang some things! Also wanted to wait until after the baby shower to finish it up, which is on the 29th. Closet is done now just don't have a picture of it finished.
  • Here are the work in progress for both of our nurseries. My shower is this weekend and my biffle is an art teacher so I am dying to see the custom art work for the rooms!!
  • Lanae008 said:
    How are you guys painting the furniture?
    I used chalk paint and then floor wax to seal it. And, I put a clear plastic guard on the top edges. From what I read, as long as paint is lead free (which all new paint should be), it's ok. I'm sure someone could disprove me, though! :)
  • babyhansen15babyhansen15 member
    edited August 2015
    erinboehme Have you gotten your hubby to move the bunk beds out yet!?
  • My house isn't even ready :(( I want to get his room ready so bad, one wall is painted but the house itself isn't even done.They are laying the tile and still have to put in kitchen cabinets and toilet. It should be done here in a few weeks, then its all hands on deck trying to unpack everything. I just pray I get mostly everything in its place by the time he comes.
  • bhibbitts said:

My house isn't even ready :(( I want to get his room ready so bad, one wall is painted but the house itself isn't even done.They are laying the tile and still have to put in kitchen cabinets and toilet. It should be done here in a few weeks, then its all hands on deck trying to unpack everything. I just pray I get mostly everything in its place by the time he comes.

I feel your pain. We completed gutted and updated our house last summer. Can't imagine doing it while 7 months pregnant BUT we did it all in three weeks because we had to so even when everything looks really far from finished, it can come together quicker than you think! Hang in there!