June 2015 Moms
Options

DH/SO rants & raves 8/3-8/9

Re: DH/SO rants & raves 8/3-8/9

• Options
    rrcameron21rrcameron21 member
    edited August 2015
    @JessHeppell I really hope your DH steps up for you. Babies really freak men out sometimes but that's not an excuse. He needs to step up and be a father. He's not letting himself bond with LO so he doesn't get it.

What the frack is a pizza pop?
  • Options

What the frack is a pizza pop?

its like a snack sized calzone, or a hot pocket type thing. just google it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs to all you mommas having problems. I told SO that I feel like I'm a single parent and he asked how and I explained how his never home etc (his still living like it's just us 2). I think he realised his never home (fingers crossed he starts making a change)
  • Options
    @JessHeppell ahhhhh only available in Canada, of course! Canada is also home to ketchup chips... Which I love.
  • Options
    Hubby offered for me to sleep at my moms one night this weekend and he would take care of Lo so I could have a full nights sleep for once. Thinking about taking him up on it. But also don't trust him to wake up when she cries and scared he will fall asleep and drop her when he has her upright for those 30 mins after feeding. I'm so torn. I should trust him but it freaks me out. He's never had to do the middle of the night feeding because he works at 5 am. But I start back to school the 31st. And I'll be damned if I continue to do this.
  • Options
    Ugh so I thought DH and I had a promising talk that would lead to him helping more at the night feeding because I'm going back to school in 3 weeks and can't continue to be the only one getting up with her for this feeding. And DH agreed. Tonight we went to a local baseball game and got home and put Lo in her bassinet to bed. He decided that he was going to stay up until 2 (when she normally wakes up to eat). Apparently to him this is easier then waking up when she does. Idiot. Well at 230 I wake up and she's still out. So happy because we made the switch to the bassinet and it has been exhausting. So I told him to come to bed. At 330 she begins to make noise and I know she will wake soon so I start making her a bottle. Then while I'm doing that she starts to get louder and begins to cry. I finally walk back into the room to get her and he's still laying there. Didn't even move to change her diaper or anything.
    Wtf is wrong with guys?!?! Thanks a whole lot for the help! Ugh

On the plus side my mom is taking LO around 8am for the day and I'm sleeping for the majority of it because this mama is exhausted and sick of doing most of the work
  • Options
    I love DH, but my friend sent me this back before we announced my pregnancy and I still think it's hilarious.  I stick my tongue out at him all the time, sometimes to his face, but more often than not, behind his back.  
  • Options
    katyertl said:

He decided that he was going to stay up until 2 (when she normally wakes up to eat). Apparently to him this is easier then waking up when she does. Idiot. Well at 230 I wake up and she's still out

Mine does this too! I chalk it up to them being amateurs. Someday they will realize how stupid that is.
  • Options
    mellymar said:

^^ anytime I have DH get a onesie for LO, he picks a 6m one. Every. Single. Time. And I don't know about it until the kid is dressed and strapped into his carseat, wondering why the hell his clothes are so damned big. Get home and change him out of it and see what size it is, and he's like 'you said get the brown one!' Yeah... There is a brown one of an age appropriate size in the 0-3 month part of the drawer. I knew I should have organized the drawer for a lefty

Haha I have ours organized by drawer and labeled with the months (I'm neurotic, I know) and DH STILL gets it wrong! WTF?!?
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

Ha! That's your problem right there : I only keep 0-3 month clothes in the drawers! Anything bigger is in a bin in the closet and I'll switch out the clothes once LO gets there :) This basically helps prevent either one of us from accidentally choosing the wrong size.

I do the same thing!

• Options
    Not exactly a rant or rave, but DH gets so discouraged when trying to soothe the twins. He was distant with them in the beginning (they were pretty small and he was afraid of them), but he's trying to make up for it now. Tonight we had them fed and bathed and in their bassinets. They were quiet so I took a shower, but they were both fidgeting and crying when I got out. He tried everything to soothe them, but once they heard my voice they instantly drifted off again. Any advice how to overcome this? I can tell it upsets him that he can't soothe them like I can...
  • Options

Not exactly a rant or rave, but DH gets so discouraged when trying to soothe the twins. He was distant with them in the beginning (they were pretty small and he was afraid of them), but he's trying to make up for it now. Tonight we had them fed and bathed and in their bassinets. They were quiet so I took a shower, but they were both fidgeting and crying when I got out. He tried everything to soothe them, but once they heard my voice they instantly drifted off again. Any advice how to overcome this? I can tell it upsets him that he can't soothe them like I can...

My DD is the same way with my DH. It was the same with our first too. The techniques I used didn't work for him. He had to just use trial and error to figure it out. For DD it's walking around the house with her head against his shoulder. A technique I heard works well with men is to have baby close to the Adam's apple and have him talk in a deep voice or hum/sing in a deeper tone. Bouncing on the exercise ball with LO is my fall back.
  • Options
    DH gave me a "break" today. and that was basically me getting enough time to make scrambled eggs, and eat. all while still hearing a crying baby because DH isnt around LO enough to understand the different communication noises. it stopped when he picked LO up and walked around to where i was to give him back to me. and 5 minutes after i get him he is sleeping peacefully in my arms.
    at least i got warm food right?

• Options
    DH is coming to visit us tomorrow. He says he wants to work things out and be a family. I'm hesitant because of all that he's doing but I also don't want to throw my marriage away and have Brooke grow up in a split home but of course if that's what ends up being best, that's what I'll do. Anyway, tonight he went to a bar and it's 4am and he was still up when I texted him during a middle of the night feed. This means he's going to sleep in and not get up any time before 2pm and then who knows when he'll get here. If he even makes it here.

I'm stupid for being hopeful but I can't help it. Ughhhhhhhh o ~X(
  • Options
    mvargas12 said:

DH is coming to visit us tomorrow. He says he wants to work things out and be a family. I'm hesitant because of all that he's doing but I also don't want to throw my marriage away and have Brooke grow up in a split home but of course if that's what ends up being best, that's what I'll do. Anyway, tonight he went to a bar and it's 4am and he was still up when I texted him during a middle of the night feed. This means he's going to sleep in and not get up any time before 2pm and then who knows when he'll get here. If he even makes it here.

Hang in there girl. It's in your nature to hope for the best. I would make him prove himself worthy of a shot first. He hasn't done much to impress lately. Good luck and I hope he changes soon.
  • Options

mvargas12 said:

Hang in there girl. It's in your nature to hope for the best. I would make him prove himself worthy of a shot first. He hasn't done much to impress lately. Good luck and I hope he changes soon.
    Yup. A step in the right direction would be if he got his ass up in the morning and came out to see you despite his morning after head. Not going out drinking till 4am would have been better, yes, but him getting up despite probably feeling crappy at least shows he is willing to (for that day at least) put aside his own discomfort to see to his family. Also, by making you wait all day tomorrow (I'm assuming he's going to let you know when he leaves, so you're going to have no idea until that text when to expect him) he disrespects you by burning your time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So, last night it took LO a bit longer than usual to fall asleep. She's usually out around midnight but last night at that time all she wanted to do was play - can't really complain though, since she's actually sleeping through the night for us most nights, and it wasn't like she was in a bad mood or anything, just awake. But for some reason, it was really bothering DH. When she started crying around 1AM because she was hungry, he FREAKED. He jumped out of bed, yelled, "What does she want NOW?!" and went over to the pack n play to pick her up. Scared me to death! I got to her first, told him she was just hungry and that he should go sleep in the twin bed in the nursery for the night (she's not sleeping there yet), and that he should NEVER talk to her that way again. He immediately realized he messed up and apologized, promised he'd be fine and went back to bed (in our bed, not the twin). LO ate and fell asleep as usual, didn't wake up till 730 this morning. DH apologized again this morning and promised it would never happen again. I'm still unsettled from it. He tried to blame it on exhaustion, but he gets more sleep than I do, so I'm not letting him use that as an excuse.

I'm trying to get past it because it was SUPER out of character for him. He's usually extremely mellow and he's crazy about LO. But what's really worrying me about it is that his dad has an awful temper and the reason his parents divorced was because his dad lost it one night and beat up his mom. I love DH and I can't imagine him ever doing anything like that... But last night scared me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kes166 My DH swore at LO when he was about 2 weeks old (he was changing LO's diaper and LO was kicking and "wouldn't put his legs down"). Really scared me, too, and I made DH leave the room and let me tend to LO the rest of the day.
    That evening, without me even saying anything about it, DH started crying and apologizing. We talked about limits and how that's unacceptable behavior. He's never done it again, and we don't have the family history your DH has. But in our case, seeing himself so close to snapping actually made my DH a better father. Now he knows his own limits and very quickly passes off LO or removes himself from the situation on the very rare occasions he feels like he's losing it again.

Hopefully you can share your fears with DH and it never happens again. I'm sorry you're going through that and wish your family the best. If you see it incrementally getting worse, nip it in the bud quickly please. Xoxo