June 2015 Moms
Options

DH/SO rants & raves 8/3-8/9

Time for a fresh thread! Let's hear them ladies.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH/SO rants & raves 8/3-8/9

• Options
    Neither a rant nor a rave, just a frustration. DH got home from weekend duty (he's been gone since Friday morning) about 3 hours ago and my first thought was 'thank the gods. He can feed LO and I can sleep a little longer, then get up and get a shower and go to my drs Appts'. Well, he did feed LO, but was talking to me about this storm we had yesterday which resulted in a bunch of search and rescue cases and boats adrift / broken down cases. So I didn't get to sleep more. No big, it was nice just laying there, not being responsible. So then he is trying to get LO to go back to sleep, and after he started to drift off he handed him to me cause he had to go buy fuel for the lawn edger. And promptly LO woke back up and I ended up with fussy baby anyway. So DH comes back from his errand and is now out doing the lawn.

So, basically, I got ONE FEEDING off of duty. In his defense, the lawn DOES need to be done. He can't do it this afternoon because of my drs visit. He can't do it tomorrow morning because I have this breakfast thing I have to attend for his work (spouse appreciation...bleh. At least I get free breakfast at the yacht club. Food better be good). And tomorrow afternoon he will be preparing to go back to work for the following 2 days.

So much for my dream of having a day where I can relax a little bit
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gc8luve hahahahaha yes!
  • Options
    I started back to work today so that meant getting up at 5 so that I would have time to get LO ready, pump, make dinner, pick up the house and get myself ready. After a very long day I am ready for bedtime. DH feeds LO his last bottle while I pump and LO keeps falling asleep. I tell DH that he needs to eat more so wake him up. I have learned if he doesn't eat before he goes to bed he's up half the night but if he's full, he will sleep through the night. DH "tries" to wake him up then proceeds to put him to bed. So here we are at 3:45 in the morning, awake, while DH is sleeping away and he doesn't have to be up in the morning. One hour till my alarm goes off. Is it even worth going trying to go back to sleep?
  • Options
    DH is tripping about me having a drink. My friend's bar is doing a beer night with a local brewery and I told him I wanted to go sip and hang and he got all crazy.
    Ugh. I just want a drink and a bath (it apparently will take to long) but I guess neither will happen for another ten years.
  • Options
    @bethanne09 why is having a beer an issue?
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    mvargas12mvargas12 member
    edited August 2015
    I told my husband to talk to the baby and he got mad and was like, "stop making me talk to the baby" and I just looked at him and said, "sorry I'm asking you to talk to your daughter" and his face was just like oh shit, I'm an ass.

He was also mad at me and was slamming doors like a teenager. The baby was sleeping. I could have killed him.

He keeps kissing me and asking about sex and I'm just not into it. I think I'm still too hurt and angry to even think about any of it.

On the bright side, he did sit down and we talked this morning out. He even cleaned up the table when he spilled my water.

Too much!! My baby is keeping me sane. Love my little human<3
  • Options

DH is tripping about me having a drink. My friend's bar is doing a beer night with a local brewery and I told him I wanted to go sip and hang and he got all crazy.
    Ugh. I just want a drink and a bath (it apparently will take to long) but I guess neither will happen for another ten years.

I'm with @klkonwi. Wtf?!!? Its not like you're going to go and get twisted. And a bath...my gods, girl, for a bath you're still in the same house as him and LO! If he is that stressed about having baby duty for the time it takes you to soak, he can always come in the bathroom and ask you what to do! I know this ruins your relaxation time a little bit, but its better than no bath at all?

• Options
    Thank you for listening me(I don't know if I'm replying right)and making me think I'm not crazy or too demanding...he needs to step up to the plate. I know he won't wake up, but I don't feel like an a**, for being so ticked off!
  • Options
    DH sleeps all night. Fine. I can handle night. But he also sleeps all morning when he doesn't have to work until noon. Not fine. This morning LO woke up around 8 and I woke him up and told him there was a bottle in the fridge, his turn. He did, he grabbed the bottle and tried putting her down to sleep more but she wouldn't. Like dude, she's up. Stop forcing her to go to sleep. Finally he picked her up and then said he had to go to the bathroom so I took her. He was in there for like 15 minutes. You think you're sly? He came back and tried to lay back down to sleep. I handed him the back right back and went back to "sleep". So what does he do? He goes to the living room and puts her on the swing. I thought he did that while he was getting ready for work. Nope. He went to sleep on the couch. Finally I decided my "break" (not really a break) was over and went to rescue my girl. I picked her up and said, "do you even interact with her ever?"

This baby is mine, it seems. All and only mine.
  • Options
    @mvargas12 I totally feel you. Not only does DH spend 15-20 mins in the bathroom but he's also a smoker. Ugh. With him working all day and then spending what seems like most of his time in the shitter or outside when he's home, I have to wonder if he's just avoiding LO in the evening since that's his time with her.
  • Options
    Sammy K said:

Next week is LO's baptism and both sets of grandparents are coming down. I'm already at the end of my rope from a colicky baby, so DH is taking both kids for the weekend and I am going to a hotel to sleep and de-stress. He's a saint. He even told me to book a massage or acupuncture. I'll be happy with a full night's sleep and no crying for a day. Hopefully after a good night's sleep, I'll be looking forward to going home. Right now all I can think about is a quiet room...

When my twins were born, I had dreams of going to a hotel and sleeping!!!
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed I am crying. So my husband works weekdays, he gets up at 430 for wrk, I obviously take over nights since I am currently a stay at home mom. I admit there are times were I feel frustrated with the baby, but is that a crime??? No i am human. My husband doesn't understand that. He says I've never heard of a mother saying she's frustrated with their baby? I'm like, really try spending one whole day with him, see if u don't feel that way. I dnt know wat it is, but he's getting on my nerves, (husband) also we had not had sex in four months. Not to mention. Our anniversary is coming up, I really was looking forward into planning out something for us, but I'm not planning sh7t. Why should I? He's so distracted and into other things, it makes me feel like I'm not as important, I feel sad, it hurts. I want 2 be with him but I feel like our relationship isn't going anywhere. It also pisses me off that he thinks he can handle a crying/gassy baby tantrum cause he has no idea! I'm so angry, sad, confused, I'm sorry I just had to vent!
  • Options
    DH gives LO a bottle of pumped BM every night around 11pm while I pump at the same time. I just woke up at 1am engorged and totally confused. Apparently DH fed LO at 11, but forgot to wake me up. Um, forgot?!? How is that possible? He feeds the baby in our bed, where I was sleeping next to them! I'm really upset because I don't have a good supply and can pump 3oz max, and have been working so hard to try and build up my supply as well as a freezer stash for work. This was a completely lost opportunity. So now I'm down one precious pumped bottle :(
  • Options
    Dh lost his job a few weeks ago so I was working part time these past few weeks so we had some income coming in and he was on baby duty so we didn't have to worry about child care. Well this week he went back to serving and was supposed to take lo to his mom's house today so we didn't have to worry about paying someone. I get her ready this morning and get her bag ready so all he had to do was take her. He told me after all of this that he forgot he was supposed to take her and asked if I could take her. The trip was over an hour round trip out of my way so I just called a friend and gave her some cash so I didn't have to drive.
    But I was so livid cause I had taken care of scheduling the days this week that we needed child care and he literally had one job, drop her off. I was also looking forward to 2 hrs with no baby to get things done this morning, well that didn't happen.
  • Options
    @rklinge0 bummer lady! Men!!!
    @Sammy K so jealous! Our baptism is tomorrow and I have too many people coming into town and really just want sleep......I need a Xanax bad....
  • Options
    @klkonwi I think DH knew if I don't get some real sleep, I might run off to Mexico after a weekend with both sets of grandparents.
  • Options
    I'm going to smother him with a pillow. I didn't sleep last night because I'm terrified LO is going to stop breathing because of this stupid upper respiratory infection. Poor kid kept spitting up. Now DH is passed out and snoring so loud I could kill him. A few minutes ago LO started coughing/strangling so I snatched him up out of the p&p to pat his back/elevate him and in the process I pulled the covers off DH who started pulling them out from under me and nearly knocked me and LO over. Then he had the nerve to act offended when I yelled at him.