January 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    amargaret24amargaret24 member
    edited August 2015
    @snoopylovesbelle I thought it was you, but didn't want to tag you and then be wrong...that would have been awkward haha. But yeah, that was literally so annoying to me, I don't know why. I guess maybe I imagined that happening in a live conversation. Could you imagine how asinine that would have been? Also, do you think people literally start panicking to get their answer in first? Like "OMG!!! HURRY!" 

• Options
    @Lljbean. Just ew. The nerve of that dad. Loved your response though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@snoopylovesbelle I thought it was you, but didn't want to tag you and then be wrong...that would have been awkward haha. But yeah, that was literally so annoying to me, I don't know why. I guess maybe I imagined that happening in a live conversation. Could you imagine how asinine that would have been? Also, do you think people literally start panicking to get their answer in first? Like "OMG!!! HURRY!" 

I think some of it is people don't bother to read they just post what they think before reading other comments or want to add their voice even though it's been said
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    @cali1710 I want to lovetit your post but I can't because of your #5.
    But yes to all that Christmas and baking!!
  • Options
    Haha I know my hatred for ketchup and mustard is a deal breaker. I understand
  • Options
    Anyone notice how u/o's get very christmas'y? Wasn't one about Santa like last week or something? Folks be loving Christmas!
  • Options
    @cali1710 Well I don't eat it on everything. Just hamburgers, hot dogs and ketchup on meat pies but the pickles.... The pickles are where it's at!
  • Options
    I hate when people try to tell me how to train my dog. I know there are tons of training theories out there, and tons of trainers with different strategies. But this is my dog and we will train him how it works best for us. Everyone is always saying "Oh you should do it this way..." or "have you tried this." When I need / want your advice, I will ask you.  
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    nickicb7 said:

I hate when people try to tell me how to train my dog. I know there are tons of training theories out there, and tons of trainers with different strategies. But this is my dog and we will train him how it works best for us. Everyone is always saying "Oh you should do it this way..." or "have you tried this." When I need / want your advice, I will ask you.  

So much this! Every damn day.
  • Options
    nickicb7 said:
    LOL yeah. I'm just waiting until the baby comes. I think then I'm REALLY in for it.........I should wear a shirt that reads "no opinions necessary".
  • Options
    Lljbean said:

My OU is even though I have kids of my own, Im not really into other people' kids. For the most, part friends kids and my relative's yeah, but I just don't like that people assume their kids can come over to me and since I have kids already, they can just let them meander around me and not come get them.

Lurker here, breaking my silence to say OMG this times a million! I use to love kids and now that I have my own I can't stand other people's kids! The whole sharing things is ridiculous and I hate when people bring their children to my house and think that because I have a child they can let their kid do whatever. It's so rude to let your kid wonder my house!
  • Options
    I think essential oils are a crock and just part of a giant pyramid scheme.
    Do you mean ALL essential oils? Like locally made, small batch, sourced oils? Or like DoTerra? Because I believe DoTerra is definitely a pyramid scheme, because...well it is. But a lot of small batch oils are really wonderful whether you use them topically or orally. Lots of benefits and they smell nice too in comparison to artificial fragrances. 
  • Options
    @jencro & @grayistheneworange Eating for me is such a source of anxiety! First of all, in order to stave off my nausea I MUST be constantly eating. No matter what. Like...ALL the time. Which is hard for me because I was not like that before I got pregnant. Also, what doesn't make me want to puke gives me horrible heartburn. So I have no idea what to eat. I'm constantly going back and forth to avoid one or the other. Also, if I even get the slightest bit hungry, I start dry heaving...STILL. Ugh!
  • Options
    My UO for this week.

1. I strongly HATE pickles with a passion. Just.. No.

2. I love burning inscents, but I can never find a scent I like, so my burner ends up collecting dust and I just buy a candle and place it next to the burner.
  • Options
    Or green tea @Lljbean I used to drink it a lot before I got pregnant and I used to joke and call it my "cure-all" for colds and aches.
  • Options
    I think essential oils are a crock and just part of a giant pyramid scheme.
    Do you mean ALL essential oils? Like locally made, small batch, sourced oils? Or like DoTerra? Because I believe DoTerra is definitely a pyramid scheme, because...well it is. But a lot of small batch oils are really wonderful whether you use them topically or orally. Lots of benefits and they smell nice too in comparison to artificial fragrances. 

Sorry, should've been more clear. Yes, DoTerra/Young Living, etc.

• Options
    UO: I hate Ketchup. It makes me want to vomit. I hate all condiments for the most part... Mustard, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch. I know I'm weird.

Also- I hate when people dis my dog. I have a pug. I get it, not everyone thinks they are cute, but that's my baby. Just keep your mean opinion to yourself.
  • Options

My UO is people that rely on medication for every thing. If you have an infection ok but not everything requires drugs. While I greatly respect the medical field, I am also open to some alternative "medicines" such as essential oils, acupuncture, some herbal treatment. I think that while western medicine is amazing, you cannot discredit other forms that have been practiced for years by different cultures. I'd much rather rub a little essential oils on my temple than pop a Tylenol when I have a headache. Just my personal opinion.

This! I will do anything before I have to take medicine. I have chronic sinus infections and bad allergies and get pneumonia very easily if I'm not careful. I try everything before taking all the steroids and antibiotics because they make me feel awful.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @monaclmere gotcha. Yeah, I looked into DoTerra for a quick second as a way to make some extra money while staying home and it just didn't come full circle for me. I don't like the idea of "get rich quick" scheme involving something like natural oils. I prefer to know where my oils are coming from, whether or not they were sustainably sourced, who packaged them. Ya know, it's like herbs you see at Walgreens, Rite Aid, or CVS - lots have been tested recently and tests have shown that they don't even HAVE the key herb in them! Fake! Gross.
  • Options
    My UO is people that rely on medication for every thing. If you have an infection ok but not everything requires drugs. While I greatly respect the medical field, I am also open to some alternative "medicines" such as essential oils, acupuncture, some herbal treatment. I think that while western medicine is amazing, you cannot discredit other forms that have been practiced for years by different cultures. I'd much rather rub a little essential oils on my temple than pop a Tylenol when I have a headache. Just my personal opinion.
    I am the polar opposite. I love medicine!!! Give me all the pills!!!
  • Options
    Totally this! Some people can't wait for me to "bulk up" and can't deal with my desire to be healthy. Seriously on my nerves.
  • Options
    Do they think you are The Hulk?! 
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• Options
    kylelee23 said:

UO: I hate coach purses with the C's on them, Louis Vuitton purses with the LV's on them, Dooney & Bourke purses with the DB's, UGG boots, etc.. All very tacky looking to me.

Sorry, not sorry at all.

I agree! I don't like flashing to people who I just dumped way too much money on something that is only material. I like investing into something better :) 

I have UO but I know it will offend at least half the ladies here, so I won't share. Only my husband knows. Trust me you don't want to know. 

so instead, my UO for today is SUV's i hate them. I don't understand why just because you have one child, you have to get the biggest ugliest car out there. Learn to be minimalist packer.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Married: Feb. 2014
    TTC #1: March 2014
    Clomid: 1 cycle no IUI lead to a BFP 
  • Options
    Emott13 said:
    I am all for trying natural remedies before taking meds, cuz I think for the most part our bodies are made to deal with stuff, just maybe not as quickly or as comfortably as if we were to take medications. But it's not worth the trade-off of creating super bugs and popping a Tylenol every time you have a teeny ache. BUT I draw the line at essential oils. (Here's why this is in the UO post X_X ). I think they're a croc of you-know-what. If essential oils were able to actually "cure" anything, modern medicines wouldn't have progressed. People have been using essential oils for thousands of years... If they actually worked, they'd still be part of modern medicine and we wouldn't have the need to make actual chemical medicines. I hate when people claim that pharm companies are spreading lies about oils not working so that people keep giving them money instead, because let's be honest: if they did work, the FDA would be regulating them and they'd cost just as much as big pharm medicines anyway. I know a woman who claims that oils cured her lupus. Sorry, not buying it.

I guess this is putting a lot of trust into big pharma and the FDA and believing that they aren't in cahoots with big corporations. It's all a giant money scheme. I believe in vaccines for babies and the such but I also believe the FDA is after their own good in what they approve and regulate. I think big pharma makes heaps more money from medication then they do a naturally derived herb or plant. 
  • Options
    @amargaret24 Mostly, I trust them to be super greedy! haha I guess I figure if there was a substance that they could inflate the price of to make a profit, then they would. I assume pharma and the FDA do work together to make $$$$$$$ (and LOTS of it!) so the FDA would classify them as "controlled substances for medical use" and then pharma would sell you the oils that you used to be able to get for $15 and make you pay $55. Know what I mean?