3rd Trimester

How many ultrasounds have you had/will you have?

2»

Re: How many ultrasounds have you had/will you have?

• How do you guys have so many?? I've had 1 and I'm 37 weeks
  • I've had four scheduled US through my OB.. 8 weeks to determine pregnancy 13 weeks for nuchal translucency (helps determine if baby may have chromosomal abnormalities) I got a bonus one at 18 weeks because they scheduled my anatomy scan too early and that's when we found out gender. 22wks was the the anatomy scan and then I get one at 36wks so determine possible birth size. I was very sick during my first trimester and had to do to hospital for dehydration and they did an US both times I went just to make sure everything was ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2015

I had one at about 6 weeks and one at 22 weeks. I was told I may need another one in my last month but if it isn't necessary I may turn it down.

With my first pregnancy I had 2.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The standard at my office would be one dating ultrasound around 8 weeks, an anatomy scan around 18 weeks, and then a growth check around 35-36 weeks. If there is a concern, obviously, they would send you in for additional ultrasounds. 
    I think I've had around 4.

• I am diabetic and had a still birth last summer so I am being watched very closely. I have had an ultrasound at 10w, 12w, 18w, 24w, 29w and I will have ultrasounds at 31w, 33w, 35w and 37w if they don't induce me before then.
  • With twins, a history of early loss and a huge baby I've had quite a few so far. 4 and I'm 21 weeks. I have another growth scan at 28 weeks as long as they can differentiate the heartbeats at my 24w appointment otherwise I'll have one then too. My Dr wants to do appointments every 2 weeks starting at 30 weeks and I think they will involve some sort of fetal monitoring.
  • I'm a Sonographer so I've scanned myself probably more than I would like to admit but just to set your mind at ease I'll tell you... at least every other week for 30 min at a time. My baby is perfectly healthy! (As far as I know) there hasn't been a lot of studies done on this but most studies suggest that you do not go over a certain power so that way there isn't any heating up of tissues and your fetus should be just fine. ALARA as low as reasonably achievable and it should be fine!!