February 2016 Moms

FFFC- Friday, July 31

13»

Re: FFFC- Friday, July 31

• I got myself a Reese's Blizzard today. Soooo good. I couldn't get there yesterday so had to satisfy the craving today.

Mmmm, i had one last night. The best! Also, i think dq fries are amazing and so are Wendy's fries.
    Now i want fries.
  • @pbtoast @bfavors - I'm in the same boat, too.  Financially we'll be OK if I don't work, and I am actually pretty much over my current job, but I've worked for so long I just can't quite imagine myself staying home all day, although that's the plan and I am excited about it in some ways.  I'm hoping once the kid(s) are off to school, I can put my expensive education to good use again.  But I know that transition will come with its own struggles, too.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a bridal party and planning a stagette/Bachelorette party. I am NOT the maid of honor and neither is the other bridesmaid who is planning it. It has become an entire weekend affair, and neither the maid of honor OR the fourth bridesmaid has offered to help with costs. I'm trying to keep things minimal while still making if fun but things just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm so tired... and there are so many costs between being in the bridal party, travelling to the wedding, a short family vacation next week AND the stagette. All while trying to put away a baby fund. Blurgh.
  • @pbtoast , same here. My plan is to play by ear as I don't know what to expect as a FTM. I'll probably just stay at home the first 6 months and then evaluate the situation.

• I have a friend (and I use that term loosely here) who went in for her 37 week appointment and ended up being induced tonight. I am happy for her boyfriend (my actual friend) and her, but my first selfish thought was that my kids birthdays keep getting overrun with family and friends having more babies! Lol. I know it's totally selfish, but I want my kids to have their own day (as much as possible). I was stoked that she wasn't due till the end of Aug, but for her health and the baby's it's best to be induced. I wish her luck and hope she has the baby tomorrow and not Sunday (my sons actual birthday). 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited August 2015
    DeleaJean said:

I'm in a bridal party and planning a stagette/Bachelorette party. I am NOT the maid of honor and neither is the other bridesmaid who is planning it. It has become an entire weekend affair, and neither the maid of honor OR the fourth bridesmaid has offered to help with costs. I'm trying to keep things minimal while still making if fun but things just keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm so tired... and there are so many costs between being in the bridal party, travelling to the wedding, a short family vacation next week AND the stagette. All while trying to put away a baby fund. Blurgh.

The whole bridal party should be splitting the cost of bachelorette. I'd come up with a plan (before actually booking) and email everyone with the proposed plan and the cost per person, give them a deadline to respond on if they are cool with it and then book. If no one wants to contribute anything, they decline the invite and the group gets smaller for the trip (or whatever you're planning)

Every bachelorette I've been to, the planners send a group email saying ... "We're going to nashville" or "we're going to newport and want to stay at xx hotel. It will be $xx dollars/ person and flights run about $xx. We're doing one fancy dinner where everyone will chip in for the bride, do so and so activities, etc. Who is in? Venmo me the money by this date..."

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I left my almost 2 year old in her carseat with the car running (and a/c on) in the driveway yesterday while I unloaded groceries in the house and tended to the garden (which was right next to the car). It was 106 out.. Too dang hot to pull her out of the car, bring her into the non-air conditioned house, then fight her to get back in 15 min later to take dinner up to my mom's house. So, she just chilled in the car for a while with her snack.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I bought Trix cereal and hid it from my husband right away. He eats gigantic bowls of cereal and if I let him have any it'll be gone in two days.

Oh.. Trix sounds heavenly! I'll have to make do with fruity pebbles for the night though :|
  • I love Reese blizzards, and captain crunch, and bagels with cream cheese! :)
  • I am totally jealous of the SAHM out there and wish DH and I could afford to do that. I used to work from home though and really hated being stuck inside not knowing anyone or going out. That was my own fault but I'm sure i would be more social with a kid and would go out tons to meet other women as well. I just hate going to my job because it's such a far drive and by the end of the day I'm so drained from talking to people all day and training new hires that I just want to stay home.
    30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
    EDD: DS 4/1/18