August 2015 Moms

**FFFC**

13»

Re: **FFFC**

• @breezymeema7 so sorry :( Hopefully they get you in soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • What's a cerclage? :/
  • I know this is FFFC but can I use it as a quick Monday Bitchfest?! I had my cerclage removal appt this morning. I have been waiting for this day since I had it put in at 14 weeks. I get there and wait for 30 minutes only to find out it has to be canceled due to an emergency which I do understand but they didn't even reschedule me. So I'm sitting here at home, still stitched closed, having stronger contractions, and freaked that baby is going to come. I can't tear again, I can't do surgery again, I can't almost bleed out again. I'm scared and mad and frustrated!

So sorry :(. Hoping you get it removed ASAP!!
  • I had a small glass of moscato wine last night because I was stressed, exhausted and so over that day and the damned BH contractions are killing me. Also some lady in Ross said "you look like you are about to pop" and I replied with "yup, about to pop the next person in the face who says that" oh and the lady in target who just stared and glares at me and my 3 kids and then at my belly, shook her head and mumbled "some people just don't know when to stop" well needless to say when she turned around in the aisle I grabbed all her crap in her cart and literally tossed it in the floor, out into the main aisle and all over the racks and shelves....yah then walked away like nothing happened..

I mean this in the least creepy way- I think I love you. This is entirely too hilarious to me!

I know this is FFFC but can I use it as a quick Monday Bitchfest?! I had my cerclage removal appt this morning. I have been waiting for this day since I had it put in at 14 weeks. I get there and wait for 30 minutes only to find out it has to be canceled due to an emergency which I do understand but they didn't even reschedule me. So I'm sitting here at home, still stitched closed, having stronger contractions, and freaked that baby is going to come. I can't tear again, I can't do surgery again, I can't almost bleed out again. I'm scared and mad and frustrated!

That sucks, thinking and praying for you:(
  • pabeybaby said:

What's a cerclage? :/

@pabeybaby It's a stitch around the cervix to keep it closed. I have an incompetent cervix that will not support a full term pregnancy so they sewed me closed :)

• @breezymeema7 I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I can't imagine how scary and nerve racking that would be. Praying for peace and that you can get in soon to have it removed.
  • @toccoaparker it's not creepy at all lol
    @laylababe3 well thank you, ya know with the red hair and flaming temper to match I thought I'd be more crazy this pregnancy, but it's only near the end I've let the Irish in me slip thru haha
  • @breezymeema7 will be thinking of you! Hope you can get rescheduled asap..keep us updated!!
  • gulimzgulimz member
    @breezymeema7 so sorry you have to go through that! I hope everything works out real soon! !!
  • @breezymeema7 Ugh! Hoping they get it out ASAP, as I know how much you were looking forward to it.
  • My babies came at 34w6d and now they are in the NICU (doing very well, but still, it's stressful for them!). I know they would be better off in the womb, but I just love to cuddle them so much and I am so happy to have already met them. I feel awful for feeling so happy to have them here early. They are just so CUTE!!!
  • @breezymeema7 wow! I can't imagine how nerve wracking that must be. Best of luck!
  • Thank you so much ladies. I appreciate all the support. I finally got a call this evening and am re-scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. Fingers crossed that no emergencies come in, I can get it over and done with, and that baby girl stays put until then :)

Great news! FXFY that everything goes smoothly!!
  • If I have to endure one more post full of spelling errors I'm going to throw my phone. PSA: if you are comparing two things, the word is "than." Not "then." For example "I prefer to use spell check THAN to wing it."

I am 100% guilty of this. I can never remember the rule. Please feel free to remind me when you catch me using it wrong :)
  • edited August 2015

If I have to endure one more post full of spelling errors I'm going to throw my phone.

PSA: if you are comparing two things, the word is "than." Not "then." For example "I prefer to use spell check THAN to wing it."

I might scream if I have to see "kinda" or "sorta" in an otherwise grammatically correct post. I see it every day. I understand that they are informal and (sadly) accepted in casual writing, but how much harder is it to write KIND OF or SORT OF. Better yet, find a different word altogether. Why not say "somewhat"?!

And since I've seen others today, I'll just leave this link right here:

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/25-common-phrases-that-youre-saying-wrong.html
  • If I have to endure one more post full of spelling errors I'm going to throw my phone.

PSA: if you are comparing two things, the word is "than." Not "then." For example "I prefer to use spell check THAN to wing it."

I might scream if I have to see "kinda" or "sorta" in an otherwise grammatically correct post. I see it every day. I understand that they are informal and (sadly) accepted in casual writing, but how much harder is it to write KIND OF or SORT OF. Better yet, find a different word altogether. Why not say "somewhat"?!

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/25-common-phrases-that-youre-saying-wrong.html
    There are so, so many of these that drive me crazy. In a professional sense, grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors are almost unforgivable (in my opinion!).

However, it's worth remembering that not everyone on a public forum has the same level of education as you might have, or speaks English as a first language. As someone who has lived in foreign countries and attempted communicating in other languages, I know how hard it can be to even get across a simple point in another language, let alone phrase it correctly, use the correct tense and spelling, and select the appropriate pronouns.... I lived in China for 1 1/2 years and my mandarin is probably close to toddler level!

Also, English has so many irregular verb conjunctions and spellings that it's not surprising even educated native speakers can struggle.
  • My in laws that are our back up for the kids when I have to go to the hospital since they live in town and know the littles' routine really well. Well, their adult infant son who is 22 and going off to graduate school needs to go out now and they are convoying 2 cars and taking 7 days total (my entire 38th week of pregnancy) to drive him out. This itinerary includes 2 "fun" days. I asked them what they would do if I went into labor right as they were leaving and they just blankly stared at me and my BIL said "but I have to go to school..." X(

Anywho... My FFFC is now I hope that LO comes smack dab in the middle of their trip just out of my current preggie induced spite. I don't want her to come early but they are pissing me off with the aloofness!

My friend who agreed to watch our dog when I go into labor planned a vacation for my 39th week! She looked at me like I had 3 heads when I pointed it out. I just shrugged and lined up a backup for that week, but secretly I was like WTF??
  • If I have to endure one more post full of spelling errors I'm going to throw my phone.

Every last one of these drive me insane! With the exception of #24. I will admit, I got schooled on that one.

The one that bothers me is board vs. bored:
    This is a birth month BOARD.
    If you are BORED, go find something to do.

*I do realize, as PP mentioned, that not everyone speaks English as their first language. I also realize that there are different educational levels here in our board, but it doesn't make it easier for me to read it without shaking my head a little.
    Joey 06.05.2010, MC Jan 2014-EDD 09.11.2014, Aurelia 08.24.2015 (lost twin ~12 weeks), Ectopic Loss Feb 2016, EDD 01.03.2018