January 2016 Moms
Options

Twisting your Waist

I've had some lower back pain that I usually just twist my waist (while leaving hips still) to fix... I'm wondering if this is unsafe for the baby to be doing? Anyone asked their doctor about this? I've seen a few things online but nothing conclusive. I'm 13 weeks 5 days.

Re: Twisting your Waist

• Options
    Ummm
    Have you asked your doctor?
    I'm thinking it's fine or we would all be rendered immobile for our pregnancies
  • Options
    Yeah I've got a call in and am waiting to hear back. I never would've thought about it but was reading something about exercises not to do and something was saying not to do deep twists like that. No idea why though, it didn't say.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It might pull your muscles later on- you will know when to not do something. If it hurts stop but if it's helping your back I would keep it up. Maybe just take it slow and not too hard
  • Options
    As far as I know, the reason not to do abdominal twists is because it cuts off circulation to the abdominal area. Personally, I feel comfortable with gently twisting my lower back to relieve discomfort. Good question for your doctor or chiropractor if you visit one.