3rd Trimester
Options

People's Reactions to my name choice

2»

Re: People's Reactions to my name choice

• Options
    I'm naming my baby girl Stella, and so many of my husbands family has made some not so nice comments about it but I don't let it bother me. He supports the name, I personally love it, and it's nobody's decision but yours and his!! So just try and brush it off, I love Walter
  • Options
    I went to school with a Walter (I am 38) and we called him Walt. It is a perfectly fine name if you and your husband like it. As he gets older, he'll appreciate having a "unique" name. And, I say that sort of tongue in cheek because it will be unique to him and his friends.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a hard time deciding on a name and once we finally did we were so excited! Many of the reactions were mixed with some loving it and others not so sure. We simply stated that it was the name we decided on so please leave your negative opinions to yourself. Some asked quite a few times if we were still going to use that name and the answer was always yes. Now, they are starting to use it when they refer to our baby...it goes to show...they will get used to it if you stand your ground and show how much you love it, they will learn to love it too!
  • Options
    It's your baby your choice. If they don't like it too bad. Don't worry about others.
  • Options
    Ultimately it's your decision. It's your child and no one but you and your husband should have any say in his name. If you love it then keep it and if anyone has anything rude to say tell them it's a family name and you love it so it's staying.
  • Options
    People are just rude. Even if they don't like it they could have better manners. I don't know why anyone tries to make people change their baby name choice. Tell them it's your baby and if they don't like it then oh well. That's why they have their own children and get to make them whatever they want. Any name can honestly get bullied. My name is Courtney and I can recall people making fun of it. And I have a pretty simple common name. My husband name is Neftali (different I know) and he said no one has ever made fun of his name.
  • Options
    I know quite a few Walters. It's a good name, go for it!
  • Options
    I don't have any great advice but I just wanted to say I think Walter is great. It's a very intelligent name IMO