Baby Names

Just found out today, IT'S A GIRL! need middle name to go with Brynlee

Re: Just found out today, IT'S A GIRL! need middle name to go with Brynlee

• Loading the player...
  • Ken122014 said:

Lesson learned- don't post your baby name online ;) personally, I like brynlee and usually I'm pretty picky. I don't see the difference in naming her brynlee with the nickname of bryn than just naming her bryn. Also... I don't know what you'd buy at Walmart that is called a brynlee? Wtaf kinda advice is that?

Op, you were very respectful to other's opinions even when they weren't very respectful of your opinion. Nicely done :) choose a name that you and your husband like and that has meaning to you! Also, sorry I didn't actually answer your question but now I don't remember the middle names you had... Brynlee Cheyenne is a lot, but I like it!

Eta- I also like ava brynn!

Would you rather get a few rude comments from online strangers or have people think rude things about your child's name her whole life? I'll take a few rude comments when there is still time to change my mind!
  • If it was truly a horrible name, I'd agree that comments from strangers online would be better than giving her a horrible name. I don't think brynlee is a horrible name, and I work in preschools and elementary schools, I know horrible names. I would not question brynlee as a student's name.
  • Ken122014 said:

If it was truly a horrible name, I'd agree that comments from strangers online would be better than giving her a horrible name. I don't think brynlee is a horrible name, and I work in preschools and elementary schools, I know horrible names. I would not question brynlee as a student's name.

By the comments, I would assume you are in the minority though.
  • Ladies ladies, back to your corners. We can all agree to disagree. Let's just help her pick her name in a respectful manner and move on guys... Let's not highjack her thread.  

Sorry, I see this going WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY left..... 
  • Ken122014 said:
    Ken122014 said:
    Lesson learned- don't post your baby name online ;) personally, I like brynlee and usually I'm pretty picky. I don't see the difference in naming her brynlee with the nickname of bryn than just naming her bryn. Also... I don't know what you'd buy at Walmart that is called a brynlee? Wtaf kinda advice is that? Op, you were very respectful to other's opinions even when they weren't very respectful of your opinion. Nicely done :) choose a name that you and your husband like and that has meaning to you! Also, sorry I didn't actually answer your question but now I don't remember the middle names you had... Brynlee Cheyenne is a lot, but I like it! Eta- I also like ava brynn!
    I think it's similar to a Snuggie or Onesie.
    ------------- here's the link that came with the pic you posted... It has nothing to do with the name brynlee? Or even Walmart. https://money.cnn.com/2011/11/01/smallbusiness/snuggie_inventors/ 2 links did come up when I googled "Walmart brynlee" but my phone isn't able to open the links for some reason... Anyways, besides the point of not finding a product called brynlee at Walmart, the point was that's a rude comment, as were many of the comments @hplunkett2883 mentioned. I also agree with her that brynlee is much better than jacosta...
    Oh Lord, it was a joke. I was going off YOUR Walmart comment. OP asked a question and took feedback with class. Why are you so worked up if she isn't?

• hplunkett2883hplunkett2883 member
    edited July 2015
    Thing is how do any of you have the right to judge anyone's name choice? Jacosta is a prime example of what I'm talking about. Brynlee is not a horrible name. Just because you have your own personal opinion of a name doesn't mean someone else isn't going to have the same opinion about the name you choose. What makes your name choice any better than the next person?

Edited for words and @Marchmellow2 it was @groovylocks that said on another board about naming her daughter Jacosta then comes over here saying Brynlee sounds like something on sale at Walmart and "awful just awful".
  • Thing is how do any of you have the right to judge anyone's name choice? Jacosta is a prime example of what I'm talking about. Brynlee is not a horrible name. Just because you have your own personal opinion of a name doesn't mean someone else isn't going to have the same opinion about the name you choose. What makes your name choice any better than the next person?

Edited for words and @Marchmellow2 it was @groovylocks that said on another board about naming her daughter Jacosta then comes over here saying Brynlee sounds like something on sale at Walmart and "awful just awful".

@groovylocks never said she was naming her daughter Jacosta. She made a thread about names that you weren't sure whether or not you liked, and Jacosta was her example. Not sure why you feel the need to bring that into this as it's completely irrelevant. Her making a thread about the name Jacosta does not make Brynlee any less of a horrible name.
  • I don't believe op asked for any opinions on her first name choice. She was asking for suggestions on the middle name.
  • g8trkim said:

Thing is how do any of you have the right to judge anyone's name choice? Jacosta is a prime example of what I'm talking about. Brynlee is not a horrible name. Just because you have your own personal opinion of a name doesn't mean someone else isn't going to have the same opinion about the name you choose. What makes your name choice any better than the next person?

But the thing is people are actually asking you to judge the names. It's like going on American Idol and being all pissed when they don't like your singing. Personally, I would much prefer unbiased, outside opinions before my kid is named than saddling them with a bad one and having people side eye it for the rest of their life. Again, OP asked for opinions and was open to feedback. She gets it, why can't others?

But the thing is...she didn't ask for your opinion on her first name. She had decided on Brynlee and wanted opinions on a MIDDLE name. So your statement is pointless.
  • g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited July 2015
    Ladies ladies, back to your corners. We can all agree to disagree. Let's just help her pick her name in a respectful manner and move on guys... Let's not highjack her thread.  

didn't you come on here just to insult a poster for her name suggestions? and now you tell us to go to our corners?? 
    thanks referee!

Well like you "Classy" and "Blunt" ladies always say: " I was just being honest. It's better to hear it from internet strangers than people think rude things about her child's name." Soooooo if you can't take it, or accept the fact that your comments are rude and often tactless, the baby name and baby shower boards def have rep due to this "anti-white knight clique" I'll tell ya that, then don't make the shady comments. I totally can dish it and take and I totally accept that I can be rude, shady, bitchy, snarky and the whole 9. I've got my big girl panties on...get you some. You guys can't sit around and be catty ALL the time and then get mad when called out...it's silly and very middle school.. Have a good knight homeskillet ( yes I meant to put knight, now ride off into the night as your crusade for you and your friends is over, because I'm done with this convo with you).   You will be okay...it's not that serious, I promise.

• Well if you had read the entire thread you would have seen that the whole Chazitty thing was a joke. I personally don't give a damn what anyone names THEIR child. Every name gets a "side eye" from time to time whether it be the actual name itself or an association with the name. What I dont understand is why is SO freaking important to YOU what anyone names their child. You don't have to live with it so why do you always swoop in and pick apart every freaking name. Why don't you just make a list of acceptable names according to you so we can all see what we should all name our children. You think everything YOU is just so much better than anyone else. Get over yourselves. I'm done with you all.
  • @wassuphoes check your inbox

• g8trkim said:
    @wassuphoes check your inbox
  • Ladies ladies, back to your corners. We can all agree to disagree. Let's just help her pick her name in a respectful manner and move on guys... Let's not highjack her thread.  

didn't you come on here just to insult a poster for her name suggestions? and now you tell us to go to our corners?? 
    thanks referee!

Well like you "Classy" and "Blunt" ladies always say: " I was just being honest. It's better to hear it from internet strangers than people think rude things about her child's name." Soooooo if you can't take it, or accept the fact that your comments are rude and often tactless, the baby name and baby shower boards def have rep due to this "anti-white knight clique" I'll tell ya that, then don't make the shady comments. I totally can dish it and take and I totally accept that I can be rude, shady, bitchy, snarky and the whole 9. I've got my big girl panties on...get you some. You guys can't sit around and be catty ALL the time and then get mad when called out...it's silly and very middle school.. Have a good knight homeskillet ( yes I meant to put knight, now ride off into the night as your crusade for you and your friends is over, because I'm done with this convo with you).   You will be okay...it's not that serious, I promise.

Wait, still looking for the part where you explain why you tried to end the argument when you contributed to it? Oh wait, you didn't feel the need to say that, you just wanted an excuse to post your oh so clever diatribe and attempts at witty gifs.

LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails