1st Trimester

Has anyone had tiny flakes of tissue after they use the bathroom during their first trimester????

brittlove89brittlove89 member
edited June 2015 in 1st Trimester
I'm approximately 5 weeks pregnant not for sure yet since I haven't seen my OBGYN yet. But I went to the hospital last night to get checked out for what I thought was spotting and the doctor said it was too early to tell if everything was ok or not. They did a PAP and a vaginal ultrasound and said there was a sac, but didn't know much more than that. But today I've been seeing tiny flakes of what looks like tissue when I wipe and some floating in the toilet. No pain, just very minor cramping, but not all the time just randomly. I'm terrified. Someone please tell me this could be normal??

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Thanks for the response! It has been continuing. But hasn't gotten much worse. I don't even need to wear a pad. I only see it when I use the restroom and I wipe. No pain still. And my pregnancy symptoms are still here! It is like a very mild period. I guess I've been doing way too much reading online, because all I've seen is miscarriage. They say only less than 20 percent of women have a miscarriage, but reading online it seems like anyone who bled at all had one. I've been praying for this baby for so long.
  • Thank you so much :) I'll keep you posted! :)
  • Yes I saw my doctor. She said it seems like nothing to really worry about since it's not heavy at all and there's no pain involved. If I wasn't having that, I'd feel perfectly fine lol Getting blood work done right now to check hCG levels :)
  • Thank you so much for saying that Sharinalong22! It seems to be easing up a ton! Haven't seen hardly any "flakes" today, just very very light spotting. I think the baby will be just fine ♡ I'll keep all of you updated :)
  • Mousie93 said:
    That's because when you miscarry you are guaranteed to bleed,

Oh i hate to break this to you but that's not true.

Missed miscarriages happen a fair amount too. You've no idea something has happened until the doctor confirms it. Sometimes the body expels a missed MC eventually but often the body reabsorbs it. 

Not to make people worry - it's unlikely compared to a "normal" miscarriage. But it does happen. 
  • One day i had what looked like flakes too. RED flakes. 

Nothing came of it. Kid's still kicking (literally)
  • Well good news is, it's toned down to the point where is looking pretty normal when I go potty :) My prego symptoms are still very much active and the doctor said she'd call me with my blood test results when she gets them back :) I'm hoping all is well :)
  • Well to let everyone know... I found out today that I am having a miscarriage. Very very sad time since I've been praying for this baby for quite some time.... If your bleeding during pregnancy you should definitely go get it checked out asap. :,(
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Good luck to you in the future.
  • So sorry for your loss, praying for you and warm wishes as you continue your journey to motherhood.