August 2014 Moms
Options

Weaning :(

i never imagined i would get emotional about weaning my baby from Breast feeding :( he is almost one and i know i want to kind of stop nursing during the day by august, but it makes me so sad.

Re: Weaning :(

• Options
    If you don't want to you don't have to. It's hard. My 10 month old stopped nursing randomly Thursday afternoon. She screams and arches her back if I try but will take a bottle of pumped milk no problem :(
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    @dogperson11 its half and half. He loves to nurse to sleep but otherwise he is too busy. I have lots of saved milk so he will still get BM for a while. Im going to continue the night nursing before bed but i dont want to go back to work in September and be pumping at work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting, my son stopped taking milk from bottle and sippy cup. Only wants breast, so he'll spend the time I'm at work without much milk and suck me dry throughout the night. I plan to stop pumping when he turns 1 in August. How am I going to wean him off the every 2-3 hours at night feeding? I don't know what a good night sleep feels like since he was born.
  • Options
    Dont worry @BabyPaulin i stopped pumping one feeding. When im gone during that time he will take a bottle but if im home he practically grabs my breast out of my shirt :) i guess "breast is best"!! Hahahah. Its so hard to wean!!
  • Options
    To wean him from doing it every couple hours maybe cuddle/ rock him back to bed he may just want snuggles! My little one does the same exact thing I plan to just rock her back to sleep in hopes she'll realize no more milk every few hours at night! I also plan is to keep her night nurses for a little after her first birthday and tackle weaning during the day first! Feel like it'll be a challenge weaning her day feedings but I'm cherishing these next month or so since our breastfeeding journey will end!! Good luck to you and your little guy :)

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    I feel the same...I'm undecided. I feel the my little dude feeds more than ever. Maybe because his day feedings are short since he's so busy exploring. And he does 2-3 feedings at night...and I can feel him really eating (I can really feel the let down) and I feel bad to take that away from him. Cuz I know he's not waking and eating just because. You know? I planned on just doing for a year...maybe a year and half. He's been setting the pace.