2nd Trimester

can you train a baby to sleep at night in the womb?

I am 20 weeks 5 days. I was wondering if you can train a baby to sleep inside the womb at night?. So when the baby is born they have a regular sleep pattern. My daughter gets up about 6pm and stay up just having play time by kicking and moving around when I'm trying to get comfortable. For me it not a big deal cause I think its actually entertaining some times. I was just wondering can you train them while they still in the womb?.

Re: can you train a baby to sleep at night in the womb?

• I don't think you can even train a baby to sleep once it is out of the womb. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had zero luck. DS would eat every two hours (day and night) until 12 months. The odd time he'd go four hours. He didn't sleep through the night until 14 months - and even then, it wasn't regular. Believe me, in my sleep deprived state, I read everything I could get my hands on about baby sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's called Tylenol pm or benadryl hahaha j/K YOU CAN'T SLEEP TRAIN IN THE WOMB
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Possibly the silliest question ever. At least top 3.

• Muddy mud mud. 
  • I think sleep training is about breaking sleep associations with nursing and snuggling back to sleep every wake-up, so that the can self-sooth, and associate their crib with going back to sleep instead. It would be impossible to do that in the womb. Babies are continuously snuggled and fed in the womb. 
    Anniversary
  • Omg you ladies are rude. Is she not allowed to ask a question? And no I doubt you can sleep train in the womb.

I don't think any of them were being rude, if she were to actually stop and think about what she was asking... Hopefully common sense would kick in? Nobody's trying to be rude, they're just being blunt and some people actually do get pretty shocked that someone wouldn't know you can't sleep train a baby in womb? Actually stop and think about it for a minute, how would you go about sleep training a baby while it's in your stomach? How would anybody approach that? It's difficult (NOT IMPOSSIBLE) but difficult to even sleep train a baby outside of the womb..This is because infants and toddlers go through mental growth spurts that make them especially clingy, fussy, and prone to night wakings. They're learning new cognitive skills and often don't sleep as well.
  • Wow these are rude answers!!

Relax...

Ever heard of no question being a bad question? And if you think it's silly just move along lol

And I'm not new to these apps either. I do realize some of use are hormonal and forget our manners sometimes
  • I'm not trying to be mean. However, even as a FTM(21 weeks 4 days along), I know this is IMPOSSIBLE! I'm very active from 8:30am, until at least 8pm. My little one, still in womb, finally calms down at around 8:30pm - 9pm. And is "up and going" at about 5:30am - 6 am, when I'm still sleeping! It all depends on your baby, and how active you are, as well. Even though your baby is still in the womb, they're already their own little person, and choose when to be active or when to be calm! :) I've learned that already! Lol
  • Um, no. Save yourself a lot of time, effort & stuff-- wait until they are 6 months (at least) out of the womb to worry about any sleep training. Cart waaaaay before the horse here. WAY.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• * I continue to be baffled by the rude and demeaning comments from people. If you don't like, agree with the question or whatever -then don't answer. Why to spend the time ridiculing anyone? Do we not all have other things to do?

To the question- I don't think you can train baby to sleep in the womb but I've been told by at least 2 sets of parents that they observed baby tends to wake on mom's old nighttime peeing schedule. I think we can learn a lot from their observed active times. For example I've noticed my little girl is not an early riser. I never feel her before 9am but she seems to always be up around 9pm and 12am. I don't suspect I'll get her to bed til past midnight. I've been waking up around 4am to pee since week 6 so her waking at this time would surprise me. But it's my first baby so what do I know...
  • Does no one on here have a sense of humor? Seriously, just laugh at this stuff instead of going into battle over it... It's probably MUD and if it's not just be grateful you aren't so silly!
  • ashhsa said:

Does no one on here have a sense of humor? Seriously, just laugh at this stuff instead of going into battle over it... It's probably MUD and if it's not just be grateful you aren't so silly!

I think it's fairly evident that most of these posters do have quite an entertaining sense of humor.

@groovylocks how would you suggest anyone answer such a ridiculous question rationally? Get off your high horse already.
  • Haha, I think you've got the wrong @groovylocks... this one is amused by the whole thread, q's and a's.
  • Babys have no concept of day/night until months after birth... so NO
  • Krisdee123Krisdee123 member
    edited August 2015
    Does no one on here have common sense anymore?
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • edited August 2015
  • I've never been in a forum that's full of women who apparently are SUPER smart. That they like to put others down just to feel extra smart. Glad to know I can't count on this forum just to be ridiculed, I rather Google a question and it won't talk so much crap.
    Hormonal or not, check yourself. Please! You're not any better than this person who's asking the question.
  • CmBerg86 said:
    I've never been in a forum that's full of women who apparently are SUPER smart. That they like to put others down just to feel extra smart. Glad to know I can't count on this forum just to be ridiculed, I rather Google a question and it won't talk so much crap. Hormonal or not, check yourself. Please! You're not any better than this person who's asking the question.
    Serious question...Do you think that asking if you can sleep train a fetus was a serious question worthy of serious responses?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s shift to an unwelcoming tone. Creating threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"