June 2015 Moms

Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

ElRubyElRuby member
edited June 2015 in June 2015 Moms
How are those appointments going?

Re: Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

• Loading the player...
  • 39 week apt and he's still not dropped and I'm not even dilated. I've tried everything from sex to going down a bumpy road, tea, walking, bouncing on the ball, yoga massages. So going back next week to talk about an induction date if he won't move
  • I just had my 36 week appointment and did the gbs swab test. They didn't tell me a whole lot, just that I'm still gaining weight which is good, and that the baby is head down.
    Been taking amoxicillin for early stages of bladder infection so I'm hoping by next week's appointment it will have cleared up.
  • cbrtncanadiancbrtncanadian member
    edited June 2015
    38 week checkup today and cervix is in "batten down the hatches mode" still. I'm happy to hear this as I'm hoping right now to use this time to continue preparing the house for LO's arrival. Also even though it means nothing if I had heard there was some dilation I probably would have started to get anxious.

Happy June everyone! Hoping that everyone's appointments go well!

• @dancegurl1118 Ok that makes me feel a little better that they'd at least have an idea if i was birthing a giant human. I will *try* to put some faith into mother nature that I wont get a baby that i can't handle. And if i do, hopefully the docs will be able to evict that baby quickly lol
  • Had my 38w appointment today, my blood work came back and the doc said it was almost normal, but I have to go twice a week from now to my due date :(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So I have a question....... Hope no one flames me for this....I am a nurse but I'm still an FTM and I'm not sure but....
    My friend told me when you get swabbed for GBS that they touch your 'anal' as well..... My dr had the student do it and he watched her the whole time and it only went in my virginia. Not my 'anal' at all..... Lol
    Is this correct? Do u guys remember?
    I'm being paranoid now about GBS.
  • @klkonwi I had mine today and i was worried i was gonna get an anal swab based on what i was hearing on here! My doc swabbed my virginia and then lightly grazed it downwards towards my "anal" (lol... i'm the least mature 30 yr old ever) but There was absolutely NO ANAL ENTRY, which was a great relief. I'm not sure why or who said it was gonna go in my butt but i was EXTREMELY pleased that it was not that at all and that it was quicker and easier than a normal pap.

I was sad when i saw i gained 5 in 3 weeks. My total tally makes me sad but im trying not to let it get me down. When is the weight loss/ stall that everyone is talking about going to happen!?
  • Had my 36 week appointment today and I am only 1/2 a centimeter dialalated and she said baby is still high up. I am a little disappointed. Good news is that he is head down.
  • That's what I thought.... Shit.
  • We only got one ultrasound at twenty weekd. I think it is so odd how much that varies from doctor to doctor
  • @klkonwi I really think it depends. My first pregnancy yes they did both, last week when they swabbed me they only did my vagina. So I'm really not sure.
  • Saw my OB today and she told me baby is sunny side up - normally no big deal, except that last week I tore the ligaments in my ankle and it cannot hold any weight.  When she saw that her words were 'well sh*t!'  She doesn't seem optimistic that baby will flip on her own without me being able to be mobile and do the exercises to help facilitate the change in position - in fact she went straight to 'okay, well you're going to have to get the epidural and I'll flip her' which make sad :(.  
  • Due this Thursday. Baby's head is 'really low', I'm not dilated, and cervix is 'really soft'.  I know this all means nothing in terms of whether or not baby will be on time, but I have a suspicion this baby is NOT coming in the next few days .  We scheduled an induction for Monday, I go in Sunday night for cervadil.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm supposed to have my first weekly appt tomorrow but we might have to change it because of my shingles diagnosis. I'm only contagious to those that haven't had chicken pox or the vaccine. Since chicken pox can be dangerous to a pregnant woman, they don't know if they want to see my at the end of the day or before a lunch. But I know I need to be seen since I'm 36 w 3 d and I need to do my GBS swab.
  • Had my 37wk appt today and the nurse said she can almost feel the head and she THINKs he wont go past 38 and a half weeks. Although i am curious to see if her guess is right, I am hoping he stays in there till my MIL gets here as I have no one to watch DD1. 
  • Went to doc last Thursday at 36 wks 4 days and was 2 cm dilated and 40-50 % effaced. I consider this pretty exciting since I wasn't dilated at all when I got enduced with DS! Also my uterus is measuring 38-39 weeks already so I just know I have a little fatty in there! I go Thursday for an ultrasound to measure how big she is and if she is getting too big the doc wants to take her. Not sure how I feel about it but I am sure my lady parts would thank her for not letting me have a beast mode little baby!
  • Saw my OB today and she told me baby is sunny side up - normally no big deal, except that last week I tore the ligaments in my ankle and it cannot hold any weight.  When she saw that her words were 'well sh*t!'  She doesn't seem optimistic that baby will flip on her own without me being able to be mobile and do the exercises to help facilitate the change in position - in fact she went straight to 'okay, well you're going to have to get the epidural and I'll flip her' which make sad :(.  

I had a sunny side baby and had a natural labor. So I wouldn't give up hope. It's all about your pain tolerance. My sunny side up baby felt like one giant backache that worsened the farther labor went.

• Babies can spin around at the last minute while pushing. I have seen it!!! :) don't lose hope.
  • @laurendutch sorry to hear about the shingles I know a few people that have had it and it doesn't sound pleasant. I hope that it doesn't make it too difficult to get in to your appointments and that your health care team does what they can to reduce stress and not add to it for you!

@klkonwi - thankfully my test was just a brief waltz toward the "anal" not a full exploration I would have been okay if my OB just stick to my Virginia lol.

• @klkonwi .. They used to always do an anal swab also, it seems new practice is just to do the Virginia
  • @klkonwi don't feel bad. My husband was in the room and he found the actual event hilarious. That one made me jump! Haha
  • WestypetWestypet member
    edited June 2015

@klkonwi I had mine today and i was worried i was gonna get an anal swab based on what i was hearing on here! My doc swabbed my virginia and then lightly grazed it downwards towards my "anal" (lol... i'm the least mature 30 yr old ever) but There was absolutely NO ANAL ENTRY, which was a great relief. I'm not sure why or who said it was gonna go in my butt but i was EXTREMELY pleased that it was not that at all and that it was quicker and easier than a normal pap.

I was sad when i saw i gained 5 in 3 weeks. My total tally makes me sad but im trying not to let it get me down. When is the weight loss/ stall that everyone is talking about going to happen!?

I was definitely relieved that there were no back door surprises!! Just a quick swipe.

On the fatty front, I've gained a solid 3-4lbs each week from week 35 to 36, then 36 to 37 weeks, and it's looking the same this week, too. 12 lbs in 3 weeks and I'm not really eating anything crazy. Oink, oink.
  • jmk729jmk729 member
    definitely got the swab up the butt.. also a surprise. did not love that lol.
    Went for my appt this week (due tomorrow!). Slightly more effaced than 50% but still only 1 cm. We will be going for NST and amnioitic fluid level check Friday, back to see Dr Monday and inducing Wednesday if needed.
    1 question - does anyone else feel like they are dying during those cervix checks?! I think I'm just being a big baby but.. Damn they hurt!
    also it's so nice to not have app problems that prevent me from posting!! I have missed you all!!
  • jmk729 said:

definitely got the swab up the butt.. also a surprise. did not love that lol.
    Went for my appt this week (due tomorrow!). Slightly more effaced than 50% but still only 1 cm. We will be going for NST and amnioitic fluid level check Friday, back to see Dr Monday and inducing Wednesday if needed.
    1 question - does anyone else feel like they are dying during those cervix checks?! I think I'm just being a big baby but.. Damn they hurt!
    also it's so nice to not have app problems that prevent me from posting!! I have missed you all!!

I've realized that for me it's the person doing the check.
    My OB who usually does them are very gentle but my midwife did it last time and I left feeling a little crampy and uncomfortable.