Options

Unpopular Opinion

Re: Unpopular Opinion

• Options
    Almg15Almg15 member
    urby87 said:

Almg15 said:

drowe214 said:

UO- if you are under 15 weeks I don't care if you are "showing" or "feeling movement".

My UO is that I love reading about everyones pregnancy and what they are experiencing to see if I can relate or help someone out.

Just a side note, I thought this was a forum for ALL November moms...idk why there's so much discrimation on these boards. Makes me sad a little.
    I don't see how it's discriminatory to ask people not to ignore science...
    Wait what?! Ignore science? Who said that? Showing early or feeling movement depends on who you are and how many kids you've had...
    I said I like to read about everyones pregnancy no matter how far along they are..some ppl are just excited and so am I. So idk why ppl on here have to discriminate on how many weeks someone is, as if their pregnancy is irrelevant to this forum..we're all November moms to be.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Almg15Almg15 member
    urby87 said:

Almg15 said:

urby87 said:

Almg15 said:

drowe214 said:

UO- if you are under 15 weeks I don't care if you are "showing" or "feeling movement".

My UO is that I love reading about everyones pregnancy and what they are experiencing to see if I can relate or help someone out.

Just a side note, I thought this was a forum for ALL November moms...idk why there's so much discrimation on these boards. Makes me sad a little.
    Wait what?! Ignore science? Who said that? Showing early or feeling movement depends on who you are and how many kids you've had...
    I said I like to read about everyones pregnancy no matter how far along they are..some ppl are just excited and so am I. So idk why ppl on here have to discriminate on how many weeks someone is, as if their pregnancy is irrelevant to this forum..we're all November moms to be.

Nobody is saying anybody shouldn't be excited, but scientifically speaking, you aren't going to be showing if your uterus is still behind your pubic bone and you aren't going to feel a fetus that's the size of a grape.
    The baby is the size of a grape at like 8 weeks..but sure I get what your saying. The thing is that I know for a fact I was showing at about 12 weeks and no one can tell me I wasn't. Some ppl on here wanna act like they see me on the daily. My whole point of quoting the first girl I quoted was because she said if you're under 15 weeks she doesn't wanna hear about how you're showing or feeling anything. I just think ppl on here have too much of an opinion on other ppls pregnancies. This is getting off topic so im gonna leave this board and go do what my UO was in the beginning...read about some November babies! ALL OF THEM :)
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    edited May 2015
    Almg15 said:

urby87 said:

Almg15 said:

urby87 said:

Almg15 said:

drowe214 said:

Nobody is saying anybody shouldn't be excited, but scientifically speaking, you aren't going to be showing if your uterus is still behind your pubic bone and you aren't going to feel a fetus that's the size of a grape.
    The baby is the size of a grape at like 8 weeks..but sure I get what your saying. The thing is that I know for a fact I was showing at about 12 weeks and no one can tell me I wasn't. Some ppl on here wanna act like they see me on the daily. My whole point of quoting the first girl I quoted was because she said if you're under 15 weeks she doesn't wanna hear about how you're showing or feeling anything. I just think ppl on here have too much of an opinion on other ppls pregnancies. This is getting off topic so im gonna leave this board and go do what my UO was in the beginning...read about some November babies! ALL OF THEM :)
    It's possible to start showing at 12 weeks, as your uterus has moved above your pubic bone and your organs are shifting upward (it's not the baby, but it is pregnancy-related).  And I was thinking a grape and a kumquat are about the same size, the latter of which is used as a 10w size comparison.  Regardless, people on this board have claimed to be showing and feeling movements significantly earlier than is scientifically possible, and I don't think it's discriminatory to explain to them that they are bloated and feeling gas bubbles.
  • Options

This is probably going to be so unpopular but I am not, well was not, a kid person at ALL. My grandmother on just my moms side alone, Has 19 Grandkids And 23 Great Grandkids. My dad's side is worse, I've never even attempted to count all my cousins on that side... and they all DRIVE ME BONKERS! I love them with my entire heart and soul but I can't handle them for more than a few hours. Idk if it's because we have so many in our family or what but I always swore I'd never have kids, and here I am! My mom keeps saying, it's different when you have your own. I obviously already love my child so much, I just hope I can handle being a mom!

I second this, loling at hearing someone else say it!!!! I have 5 kids...2-16 and this one on the way. Every time a 4 year old tries to tell me a story my eyes accidentally roll back into my head. I love my kids. But I am not a "kid" person! Up to 4 is awesome and over 10 they start to turn into conscious humans and it improves. Everything in between is painful to me. I totally feel like this is pretty unpopular, ha!!!

Also...is that ^^^^ butthurt?!!! (I am semi-ashamed to admit that I am not sure which ones are X_X
  • Options

My UO is that I like being a working mom, but for strange reasons. When I was a stay at home mom I loved it and I miss my child terribly when I am gone all day long, but if I work my husband helps me around the house and cooks dinner (I don't know why I just don't really like doing the "house" stuff) and at my job I get instant gratification when I finish what I needed to get done that day or week and recognized or rewarded for performance, whereas when I was a mom only it is thankless and taken forgranted. This really is sooooo unpopular and some would argue selfish thinking and the thing is I beat myself up constantly for all the time I miss with my little girl bc I have this need to succeed and accomplish things bigger than discipline dinner and housework :/

I agree on liking being a working mom. I get satisfaction from my job. I was never a stay at home mom but at the end of my maturity leave with my first I was more then ready to go back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crysgxcrysgx member
    ks24119 said:

Here's my UO. My DH and I don't want a single photo of our baby posted in social media. And we know this will be VERY difficult for our friends to understand. But Stranger danger is real.

Yes!! I completely agree with this! I haven't even announced on social media. It will be hard especially with excited family members, since this is our first. My UO, pretty similar, I don't feel the need to share photos or updates with people on FB/IG. Most don't care about others lives, it's all for show and I love sharing with my immediate family in person. I'm a Scrooge!
  • Options
    UO: I really, really dislike everyone else's kids. I tolerate my 8yo's friends, but only if I like the parents, and even then it's tough. My kids aren't angels for sure, but they know the rules and stick to them. I have a hard time dealing with some of the disrespectful brats that I have no power over. I want to host a kid boot camp and whip them all into shape, but there is insufficient time and energy, so I just pray that my girls don't learn bad habits from their peers. If they do, it's going to be the end of that friendship. #sorrynotsorry
  • Options
    oxley09oxley09 member
    My unpopular opinion: I really dislike the words preggers, preggo, hubs, hubby, bestie, and adorbs. And I don't like abbreviations like LOL, ROTFL, WTF. I find them really annoying.

On a lesser scale of evil I don't love forum abbreviations like DH and MIL but I can see how people might find them convenient.

• Options
    oxley09 said:

My unpopular opinion: I really dislike the words preggers, preggo, hubs, hubby, bestie, and adorbs. And I don't like abbreviations like LOL, ROTFL, WTF. I find them really annoying.

On a lesser scale of evil I don't love forum abbreviations like DH and MIL but I can see how people might find them convenient.

Yes especially to words like hubby and the like. Not so much the abbreviations for me though.
    Also, although I defiantly use it, I don't like the word boyfriend so much. I used that in high school for that caliber of seriousness in a relationship. Granted, I am not engaged or married, but to be honest I don't even know if that is something I would want (UO?). Yet, my man is no longer a 'boy' in the colloquial sense. I will usually say partner, but I think that confuses people. Lol. I don't get angry or anything if I'm called, just a random preference of mine.
  • Options
    I didn't cry either. Don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as you're happy.
  • Options
    mmk29mmk29 member
    cfletch88 said:

My UPO: (Atleast with my family) My husband and I, and the medical staff, will be the only ones in the delivery room. When I had our son there were 4 other people in the room besides my husband. It was very distracting. When I relayed the news this time around there was lots of crying and accusing. Apparently if my mother cannot see my child being born her "life will be ruined".

I absolutely do not blame you. I ended up with a scheduled c last time, but refused to tell anyone the date and time because I didn't want them at the hospital. After DS was born we called people to tell them but asked them not to come right away. Twenty minutes later my in laws walked into my recovery area! I hated that they invaded that personal time so I can't imagine what them being in the room during birth would have been like. This time we won't call anyone until we're ready for visitors.
  • Options
    mmk29 said:

I absolutely do not blame you. I ended up with a scheduled c last time, but refused to tell anyone the date and time because I didn't want them at the hospital. After DS was born we called people to tell them but asked them not to come right away. Twenty minutes later my in laws walked into my recovery area! I hated that they invaded that personal time so I can't imagine what them being in the room during birth would have been like. This time we won't call anyone until we're ready for visitors.

We might do this this time! I like the idea of calling afterwards.
    I do not want visitors while in the hospital. We had people visit us last time that I had not seen in years. I have no idea why they thought it was ok to come just because I had a baby??

• Options
    ks24119 said:

Here's my UO. My DH and I don't want a single photo of our baby posted in social media. And we know this will be VERY difficult for our friends to understand. But Stranger danger is real.

When my first was born my SIL's friend posted a picture of my son on her FB claiming him as hers and told a guy that he was his and invited him to meet him. This guy is also the same person who when she was pregnant beat her to the point where she had a miscarriage. What if he kid napped my child!? Or hurt him!? Needless to say she was afraid to be friends with my SIL after I found out cuz I want batshit on both of them. And I still hate her.
  • Options

ks24119 said:

When my first was born my SIL's friend posted a picture of my son on her FB claiming him as hers and told a guy that he was his and invited him to meet him. This guy is also the same person who when she was pregnant beat her to the point where she had a miscarriage. What if he kid napped my child!? Or hurt him!? Needless to say she was afraid to be friends with my SIL after I found out cuz I want batshit on both of them. And I still hate her.
    I meant to say kidnapped

• Options

ks24119 said:

I don't even know what to say to that. I'm shock anyone would have the guts to pull something like that.

My UO. I don't want any family or friends to come see the baby til it is two weeks old. Except my mom or MIL if I need them. My father is piss, cause he lives in California and I in Tennessee and says he has a right to come see the child and stay with us the day we come home. So he will not know when the child is born. I will not be sending pics out either. I sent my 10 week ultrasound out as an announcement to siblings and parents as a private thing. Not two mintutes later my dad sent a group text of our picture to everyone in the family. After I said this is private. I'm still mad.
  • Options
    cfletch88 said:

My UPO: (Atleast with my family) My husband and I, and the medical staff, will be the only ones in the delivery room. When I had our son there were 4 other people in the room besides my husband. It was very distracting. When I relayed the news this time around there was lots of crying and accusing. Apparently if my mother cannot see my child being born her "life will be ruined".

We did not tell anyone I was in labor with my first and we did not tell them we were not going to tell them. I ended up needing a c section and we waited until I was feeling better the next day to call anyone. My mom did figure it out when I did not answer my phone, but she respected our space until we officially told her.
    I wish we could do the same this time but we need someone to watch DS and my parents are the logical choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

cfletch88 said:

We did not tell anyone I was in labor with my first and we did not tell them we were not going to tell them. I ended up needing a c section and we waited until I was feeling better the next day to call anyone. My mom did figure it out when I did not answer my phone, but she respected our space until we officially told her.
    I wish we could do the same this time but we need someone to watch DS and my parents are the logical choice.
    We have that issue this time around too.

We told our families last time that we wouldn't be calling until the baby was born. My parents are 2 hours away and my ILs are 3 hours away.

I was induced due to high BP and a day and a half into the induction I was making great progress and looked like it would be a few hours and she would be born. So I had my husband call our families and tell them. We said they could go to our house and we would call when they could come to the hospital.
    12 hours after we made the call I hadn't progressed past 7cm! A few hours later I ended up with a CS at 1:45am. We called them and said they could come to the hospital around 10am. I was so out of it from 2 days of labor and surgery. I handed hem the baby and asked to close the curtain so I could nap! They only stayed an hour becaus I was so out of it.

This time hopefully my mom will watch my DD and I will VBAC and not worry about being so out of it.

But I do not want anyone there until we are ready.

I really do not understand how grandparents think they are entitled to being there.
  • Options
    My UO: It's been raining in Colorado almost everyday for the past month and most everyone here hates it and has been complaining...but I secretly LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    And all of this "my, mine, me," talk is the problem with our world today. "My, mine, me". #firstworldproblems
  • Options
    denisamomdenisamom member
    edited May 2015

"""""I agree, I dont want people around me and i want them to respect my wishes. While I can see how some people would want their mother there for the birth, I'm not one of them either. I love my mother very much and I'm still very close with her but our relationship has evolved over time. I think this is the case for most of us. During the birth of my daughter I also only wanted my husband with me. I lean on him and he is the only support I wanted with me. When we were rushed into a c-section I was even more grateful for my decision. I would have spent the time comforting my mother instead of having that time leaning on my husband.

My mother in law is wanting to be around for this baby. She's already been told that she will have to be in the waiting room and respect my privacy. And hope she understands how important it is to me. It's a difficult emotional and physical time for a mother and she should be the one to choose the level she shares with others. If you want your mother and MIL around, more power to you, but don't judge others who want their privacy respected.""""""

I'm curious, who was that ^^^ responding to? If it was me, I made 2 posts and my original post actually supported everything that you just said above. I actually agree with all of that! My "grandparent" response was just a response to terminology, and suggesting that thinking of them as parents might help someone understand why they want to be around... That being said, I do not want my mom in the delivery room (frankly I would love it if she would stay home until we asked for visitors but she flat out won't) so she stays in the waiting room. but I would never ever just not tell her that I was in labor or not tell her that I had HAD the baby the day before and also ignore her phone calls if she was checking on me. She would be so worried and hurt! And we aren't best friends....but she IS my mother and if my own children did that to me it would break my heart. :(