June 2015 Moms

Just for Fun-SO Pet Peeves?

so i thought this could be a fun idea for a thread.
just wondering what your SO does that is a major pet peeve that happens more than once.

my DH likes to improvise if a dish he needs is dirty. such as using a tupperware lid as a plate or using the actual container as a bowl (not talking about leftovers either) so instead of washing what he needs, he just dirties more dishes. and he doesnt rinse his dishes either.
or
he will wear a new clean shirt for all of 20 minutes, then takes it off and puts it in the dirty laundry hamper.

drives me crazy.

Re: Just for Fun-SO Pet Peeves?

• Mine piles his clothes up on the desk chair (when the closet is literally 2 feet away). He also leaves his towel on the floor because he has to step out of the shower onto something, but for some reason can't pick it up. Oh, and he leaves his shoes hanging halfway out of the bottom of the bed and I stub my toes during the night when I get up to go pee :-L
  • Loading the player...
  • DH just drops stuff. He comes in the house and puts stuff down right inside the door. If I designate a spot for said stuff say, 3 steps away from there, he won't use it. Or, if he is using a tool, when he done he'll just put it aside on a table or counter or whatever and not put it back. Same with the tool bag. He will open it and paw thru everything, take some stuff out looking what he needs, then when he finds it just walk away and leave the tool bag gaping open, half the stuff scattered around it. And then, as above, won't return the tool he took out of it back to it. He just leaves *anything* laying *anywhere* ~X(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    Mine likes to tell me I talk too loud........ And he knows it's futile because I'll just yell and talk louder! ..... So annoying.

Also snores and sleep talks/walks.
    :)
  • My DH takes forever to put his clothes away after I haul them downstairs, wash them, dry them, fold them, and then put mine and DS1's away (and I'll do DS2's when he gets here)...I have to nag him 2-3 times...its' not like he doesn't see them.

Oh and then he makes comments when I do whites which is 2-3 weeks to make it worth a load....like oh good you are finally doing whites...um hello you have legs, arms, and a brain, since the whites are 95% yours...you do a load if you need them that bad...then says oh well I don't so that is why I didn't say anything...except you just said something...OY!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• DH has OCD and one of his rituals is to open his bathroom cabinet to check to see if the baby lock is working. I need to start counting how many times he opens it. Also, he always pushes in his drawers to his dresser several times. He does both of these every morning and it usually wakes me up.

I can probably go on about a lot of his OCD tendencies...so I'll just leave it here.
  • When my husband needs to find something he ALWAYS asks me where it is, instead of taking 10 seconds to look. Like if he's looking for his water bottle, he asks my where it is instead of glancing on the kitchen counter where it is in plain sight.

Sometimes, when I can either see what he asks me about or I know it's exactly where it should be so it's clear he didn't look at all, I'll stare at him for a second and then say, "hm, I don't know." Makes me happy.

Upon further reflection I think I'm actually pretty terrible at avoiding passive aggression! It just drives me crazy.
  • Oh man the finding things for sure mine will always ask me, and my response has been 'yes I know where everything is in the house said no husband ever' then I get the well if you would put things where they go blah blah. But truthfully I hate the snooze button. Dh has the loudest alarm possible. I'm convinced intelligent life on other plants hear it. He gets up at 5:20ish. The alarm goes off for 20 minutes beeping and then he has a second alarm that goes and chimes when he is suppose to leave, which is always when he is in the shower. His alarm is a math problem you have to solve to get it to stop... he took calculus 4 in college as an elective needless to say I'm not going to try and figure out how to plot a matrix. This issue has been years of fights, I think we've had more fights about the alarm than anything else put together. Otherwise he is a great dude.
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    Dirty dishes make their way to the sink, but never the dishwasher.

The dishwasher has been unknown territory for years. Not sure why lol

...so close, yet so far!
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    @rrcameron21 lol I actually have to hide food from mine, or he'll snack for days!
  • @MurLindzz I wish! I try to get him all his favorite foods because we eat completely opposite and he doesn't even notice! I've just gotten in the habit of showing him every little thing I bought and what he can make with it. It's kind of ridiculous
  • TheEATheEA member
    OMG!! My DH does pretty much EVERYTHING listed above!!!
    I've learned not to say anything. No matter how I approach the subject of him cleaning up after himself he thinks I'm nagging. Good god!! I just want a little respect! I take care of our son, cook, clean, take out the trash, shop for groceries on a super tight budget, do all of the laundry, walk the dog...I feel more like a nanny/maid than a SAHM. I bust my pregnant ass cleaning all day then he comes home and trashes the place in less than 5 minutes. He doesn't notice when the house is clean but of course he makes comments when it's messy. I can't wait until this baby girl arrives!! Maybe he'll realize how much work it is to keep a house clean while also taking care of a toddler.

PS... I love all of these complaint threads!! They give me a way to bitch about my DH! I really do love him but sometimes I just need to vent, especially now that I have zero patience!
  • Hubby will drink a beer or a soda and leave the empty can on the counter.

We don't recycle (tried and failed to establish that routine yearrrrs ago) so there is NO reason to not put an empty can in one of the two trash cans we have in the kitchen. There will be two or three cans on the counter and I'll end up throwing them away, like, "what are you saving these for?!"

He doesn't put any other trash on the counter. All other trash goes in the can like normal. I think this is so weird! Haha
  • Westypet said:

Hubby will drink a beer or a soda and leave the empty can on the counter.

We don't recycle (tried and failed to establish that routine yearrrrs ago) so there is NO reason to not put an empty can in one of the two trash cans we have in the kitchen. There will be two or three cans on the counter and I'll end up throwing them away, like, "what are you saving these for?!"

He doesn't put any other trash on the counter. All other trash goes in the can like normal. I think this is so weird! Haha

You don't recycle?!? Whaaaa? Where do you live, my goodness? FYI, it really isn't that hard - sounds like you have two garbages already; you don't really need more than that.
  • @Frogger5 we don't recycle either, unfortunately our apartment building only offers a dumpster. If they had a place where we could put recyclables we'd use it but since they don't, we don't.
  • DH leaves EVERY thing plugged in... the one that drives me the most nuts is the blowdryer. JUST UNPLUG IT WHEN YOURE DONE!! shesh

and he snores. i wanna shake him when he falls asleep before me
  • KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited May 2015
    Growing up a SoCal / west coast progressive, of course we recycled. When we loved in New Orleans they did not recycle. It was SO bizarre to throw out cans and bottles. Also to move to places where there were people who left lights on in rooms they weren't in (anyone from SoCal knows unless you want to pay out the nose you DO. NOT. WASTE. ELECTRICITY). Or for people who leave the water on when they brush their teeth (water being the precious commodity it is in the parched southwest). Blew my mind. "Whaaattt?! You're just gonna leave that light on?!?!"

Edited, I missed some words
  • I can relate to literally every single post on this thread. I love it.

He will wake me up just so I can help him find things in the morning. I'll be so exhausted and he makes it seem like I'm the one who lost his glasses/wallet/keys/phone or whatever it is. The other day I found his glasses in the dogs bed, like, come on!

Also, his socks. They are EVERYWHERE. On the bathroom floor, in the living room, in all MY drawers (how?!), in the bed, and once I found a pair on the kitchen counter! Why why why! I want to light them all on fire one day.

One more thing! I have to give him a tour of the kitchen every single time I grocery shop otherwise he just won't even notice all the food I got. He'll go starving before he'll take the effort to just find something to eat. I'll be like
    "Oh, I bought tons of stuff for sandwiches" and he'll be mad that I didn't tell him! OPEN YOUR EYES. It's not like I'm hiding it from him.

Ok I'm done. I love him so very much but I think he's still 12 years old.

You seriously described my DH to a T.

If I ever need to hide something from DH I'm putting it in the pantry or the back of the frig.
  • ElRubyElRuby member
    We recycle because we have two bins and it's convenient ... But if we don't we don't and I don't really care.
  • ElRuby said:

We recycle because we have two bins and it's convenient ... But if we don't we don't and I don't really care.

I do what I want! lol
  • Wow. I didn't know it was so hard to recycle in other parts of the country. I would probably have a hard time recycling too if my city made it that hard. No judging here!

• Wow. I didn't know it was so hard to recycle in other parts of the country. I would probably have a hard time recycling too if my city made it that hard. No judging here!

It's our damn neighborhood! My in laws have no problem putting their bins out twice a month in THEIR neighborhood.

Our house is on the market, so we won't have to deal with the snooty HOA for long. :-)
  • DH seems incapable of putting beer caps in the garbage, so they end up on the floor or in his pockets (and then through the laundry).  Have you ever stepped on one of those suckers...worse than a lego!
  • Westypet said:

Wow. I didn't know it was so hard to recycle in other parts of the country. I would probably have a hard time recycling too if my city made it that hard. No judging here!

It's our damn neighborhood! My in laws have no problem putting their bins out twice a month in THEIR neighborhood.

Our house is on the market, so we won't have to deal with the snooty HOA for long. :-)
    Annnnnd we so close to Disney and Universal, which have major recycling programs. When you throw your trash away, they have sorting machines that do the recycling for the entire theme park. Awesommmmme!
  • DH seems incapable of putting beer caps in the garbage, so they end up on the floor or in his pockets (and then through the laundry).  Have you ever stepped on one of those suckers...worse than a lego!

Mine says he wants to collect his and make something with them, but let's be honest - we all know our man, and I know my man, and I know he's not going to do anything with them. I wouldn't care if he at least put them into the designated storage I have assigned these 'project' bottle caps, but as per my last rant - homie just leaves stuff anywhere. I've stepped on bottlecaps. I feel ya.

• Pretty much all of these! My biggest complaint about DH is about his sleeping habits. He snores like crazy but he works nights so we only really get to sleep together 2 times a week so that isn't that big of a deal. Since he works nights I wake him up at 9 to eat and get ready and he is a BEAR to get up and he normally ends up getting pissed off when I keep insisting he get up because it's time to go then he complains that he doesn't have enough time to get ready! Uh I tried waking you up 15 mins ago! Also when it's time for him to go pick up DD from my moms house he has a bad habit of turning his alarm off or getting up and then laying back down "just for a minute" and falling asleep again so I'm calling him constantly at work to try to wake him up-very frustrating!
    Also along the lines of leaving stuff laying around whenever he does go to pick DD up (and in all fairness he has been better only 2 missed times so far this month) he lets her coat socks and shoes lay on the floor right inside the front door- the coat sleeves inside out the shoes flung in multiple directions even though there's a coat hook literally right beside the door! Whenever I get home from work I'm always picking up a coat and putting away shoes and tossing socks in the hamper!
    He is a really great guy and works really hard so it's nice to have a place to complain without going off on him!