June 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Movement - Bruising?

All right, here goes, I know this might sound silly but have any of you felt like your insides were bruised from all the movement? I've been told the kicking is supposed to slow down now that there is less room to move in there but it certainly hasn't for this little guy. He's always bumping around and there is one spot, top right area, that stabs with pain whenever he touches it, like even just a gentle push or rub over it. Am I crazy or could it really be a bruise of some kind? I asked my Dr about it and she didn't really give me an answer. Just mentioned that movement should be slowing down (that was two weeks ago at my last appt). Anyway, I wondered if any of you were having little karate kids like me. Thanks for your time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Movement - Bruising?

• Options
    Yes I have!! My torso is extremely short. My doc and I always talk about how small it is and how my baby girl is kicking up a storm and jabbing me in every way possible. I actually have a black and blue because of it. I kept complaining complaining and complaining about the pain and just the other day I looked in the mirror and it was pink. I checked for a couple days after and it gradually turned into a black and blue. I'm due in 5 1/2 weeks so I'm just hangin on til she wants to come out.

I wish you the best of luck! Just know there's other momma's out there in your situation too! You're not alone
  • Options
    Very common! We have a daily symptoms board and you will get a ton of feedback if you post this there :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh right! I totally forgot about the symptoms thread! Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know a woman whose second daughter actually BROKE HER RIB FROM THE INSIDE at the end of her pregnancy.  she said is was unbelievably painful, especially since there was nothing she could do to fix it other than rest, and she had no control over when the baby would be kicking at it and makking it worse.  It's completely possible to bruise (or worse) from baby movement.
  • Options
    I have a longer torso and shorter legs. I am 35 weeks and have yet to feel and foot in my ribs (like so many people have warned me about). I know she is head down and I can feel her moving about, but nothing anywhere near my ribs (hopefully it stays that way for the next 5ish weeks)
  • Options
    delujm0 said:

I know a woman whose second daughter actually BROKE HER RIB FROM THE INSIDE at the end of her pregnancy.  she said is was unbelievably painful, especially since there was nothing she could do to fix it other than rest, and she had no control over when the baby would be kicking at it and makking it worse.  It's completely possible to bruise (or worse) from baby movement.

I also have a family member that had this happen as well... ouch. 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    My Dr told me it would slow down too but that was almost a month ago... I think she is doing some target practice in there because she hits the same spot everytime!!
  • Options
    33 weeks tomorrow.......my LO has bruised my ribs already.....