2nd Trimester

Don't want to know gender

i am 16 weeks pregnant and all anyone can talk about is is finding out the gender of our baby soon. I REALLY would like to wait until the baby is born to find out the gender, boy or girl, it really does not matter to me. On the other hand, my boyfriend needs to know, idky but he's pushing to know. I would like us both to find out together but I know I won't be able to change his mind. He says he could find out and just keep it to himself which I'm sure he could do but it won't be as special for us together. How many of you did not find out the sex of your baby?

Best Answer

Answers

• I did with DD and I did not with DS. Both ways are fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband wanted to find out the sex of our baby, and I did not. But I'm the patient, it's my medical information, and it cannot be disclosed without my consent, so that was the end of the conversation. Now that we're getting closer to the due date, he's glad we waited. I doubt it would really work for one of you to know and the other not to, but maybe someone else has experience with that.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Although I would love to find out early my husband and I decided before even getting pregnant that we wouldn't find out. It's so much mor exciting that way!
  • We both wanted to wait until delivery to find out so that's what we did. It was never hard not to know during pregnancy, the only annoying part was all the questions we got asked about it. I started out answering the question "Do you know what it is?" with "Yep, it's a baby!" but by the end of the pregnancy I just said "it's a velociraptor" to get people to shut up ;)
    Anyway, the MW holding up our baby girl in front of our eyes after delivery is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life!
  • We waited until birth last time because that's what I wanted. To be fair, this time around we found out because I knew DH wanted to.... But he still doesn't believe the opinion of the sonography lol