Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Best and worst things about having a newborn

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
edited April 2015 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Having a baby is amazing! But, let’s be real...it’s tough being a new mom.

Here, some of our Bumpies share the best - and worst - parts about having a newborn.

What are your favorite and least favorite things about those crazy first few months?

Re: Best and worst things about having a newborn

• Best: All of the maternal instincts have kicked in (I feel more confident and poised in all areas of life).

Worst: All of the maternal instincts (I get super worried about things like being the WORLDS WORST back seat driver...I'm always saying "Watch Out" or feel the need to carry a suitcase EVERYWHERE so that I'm prepared not only for LO but for EVERYONE I go out with (dad, hubby, friend, etc.) I never ever feel prepared or safe enough.
  • Best: being in awe of this person who developed from virtually nothing; the sound he made while nursing; snuggling all the time.

Worst: getting so little sleep I forgot my husband's name; not getting time for a shower and to fulfill other basic needs; having a baby who cries so much more than I expected.
  • Loading the player...
  • Best: the smiles
    Worst: the tears
  • skbaum01 said:

Best: being in awe of this person who developed from virtually nothing; the sound he made while nursing; snuggling all the time.

Worst: getting so little sleep I forgot my husband's name; not getting time for a shower and to fulfill other basic needs; having a baby who cries so much more than I expected.

Oh no, so sorry you're not getting enough sleep! It's so sweet to hear how much you are in awe of your LO :)