3rd Trimester
Options

36 1/2 weeks 3 1/2 cm dilated

djdestany98djdestany98 member
edited April 2015 in 3rd Trimester
On wednesday i went to my doctor for a normal appointment and she said i was at 2 cm dilated. I started getting tired around 3:30 am Thursday and i was about to go to sleep and then i had extreme lower back pain that wouldnt leave no matter what i tried. I had a sono scheduled for that day anyways, so i called to see if i could see my doctor before my sono. When she say me she said in 24 hours i went from 2 to 2.5 cm dilated and i thinned out more and the baby dropped more. Friday morning at 1:30 am i lost my mucus plug and continued losing it all day long. Saturday i was leaking so i assumed it was amniotic fluid so i went in on Sunday after i called my doctor to see what she wanted me to do. At the hospital they checked and said it wasnt my water it was just discharge. They said im at 3.5cm now, 70% effaced, and baby is at station -2. The monitor also picked up slight contractions. They sent me home. Today ive been having my back pain pretty bad again, occasional cramping that lasted around 1 minute each time but they werent super often and i wasnt sure if it was just because im feeling the more intense ones or if it is because they are braxton hicks. plus occasional upper thigh pain, towards the inside of my leg that lasts around a minute also and makes it to where i cant stand on that leg. Also today ive had bad diarrhea (tmi i know). Anybody have ideas on when i might have my baby girl?

Re: 36 1/2 weeks 3 1/2 cm dilated

• Options

Anybody have ideas on when i might have my baby girl?

Nope.
  • Options
    You can walk around dilated for weeks. I had sporadic contractions with DS from 30w. Mucus plugs can regenerate. I'm 99% sure you will have your baby sometime in the next 5.5 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Current status means nothing in regards to what is to come, which is why declining cervical checks is a totally valid choice. I've never wanted them because of the false hope (or fear) that can come with information that isn't actually helpful.  As for the back pain, do you know what position your baby is in and which way he or she is facing (toward your belly or back)? Occiput posterior positioning tends to lead to more back contractions and there are things you can do to help (look at spinningbabies.com).
  • Options
    My babies face is facing my stomach, my doctor says that most likely means ill have back labor. Im not having false hope because i want her to stay in for a while longer so she can get bigger, im just not sure if any of this means anything. Ive been dilating pretty fast it seems and i lost all of my mucus plug so who knows, it could be days or weeks as far as i know now.