September 2015 Moms
Options

Dinner Menu

Re: Dinner Menu

• Options
    @mrscaterosales baba loves it too! Getting flutters and little kicks :-)
  • Options
    @PerkinsFam3 ohhhh can we pop round yours for dinner tomorrow ? ;-) sounds delish!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Def @mybabynumber2! Anytime you're stateside, you're welcome at the PerkinsFam house! I'll try to remember to snap a pic!
  • Options
    @PerkinsFam3 I'll look forward to it! I'm stuffed at the mo, gimme 20 mins and I'll be going in for seconds....

@mrscaterosales never boiled chicken before, but that was lush!! Didn't do it to spicy as Liam wont eat it. The house still smells amazing.

And .... Lots of chicken left nom nom nom :-)
  • Options
    @mybabynumber2 Yep, hubby was raving to take leftover chicken for work yesterday and today haha, he likes it spicy, but we toned it down for his little brother and it was still just as good. I boil the chicken just to make sure it's cooked thoroughly because I don't trust the grill haha, and when you boil it with the bbq sauce, it soaks up lots of flavor!! So delish
  • Options
    @mrscaterosales it's going in my recipe book for sure! Went down a treat :-)

Thanks for sharing ! X
  • Options
    Excited that we're celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary tonight and going to Ruth's Chris!
  • Options
    melewen said:

Excited that we're celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary tonight and going to Ruth's Chris!

Awesome congrats!!!
  • Options
    And on the lunch menu for today, I made an amazing sandwich with cracked black pepper turkey and a side of chile limon potato chips, pretty delish!
  • Options
    Mmm...this thread is making me HUNGRY!! I'm thinkin ham Mac and cheese with a side of veggies for dinner...finally got my friend's recipe that I've been obsessed with for years...so obsessed she usually makes it for me for my birthday!!
  • Options

And on the lunch menu for today, I made an amazing sandwich with cracked black pepper turkey and a side of chile limon potato chips, pretty delish!

Mmmm giz a bite ;-) xx @mrscaterosales
  • Options
    mybabynumber2mybabynumber2 member
    edited April 2015
    Im cooking a roast, roasted parsnips, roasted pots cooked in garlic & fresh rosemary. Also, a leg of lamb, roast gammon, steamed broccoli & cauliflower, plus home made gravy with all the meat juices mmmmm

I'm so hungry!!! Can't wait for this hehe :-)

Edited: forgot to add the sprouts nom nom nom
  • Options
    I grilled out yesterday.
  • Options
    I do a weekly meal plan each Sunday so for this week it will be:
    Sun- bourbon glazed grilled salmon, wild rice and grilled garlic asparagus

Mon- out to dinner to celebrate after my gender reveal ultrasound! First ultrasound this pregnancy :-))

Tues- Buffalo Chicken wraps with pasta salad and fruit

Wed- General Tso chicken with rice and stir-fry veggies

Thur- leftovers

Fri- Homemade fettucini alfredo with Grilled Chicken, broccoli and garlic bread

Sat- Cincinnati Style chili cheese coneys, chopped salad and fruit

Sun- family dinner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    PerkinsFam3PerkinsFam3 member
    edited April 2015
    @JayKaygill I love brussels sprouts, yum! It all looks so tasty!

@KYmama9286 You just gave me some good ideas! Too bad I just went to the grocery for this week. I'm already making my list for next week! I'm def making grilled buffalo chicken for wraps & salad! I might just have to hit up SkyLine Chili on the way home for a chili cheese coney with onions and mustard, oh yeah! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • Options
    @PerkinsFam3 we make homemade skyline all the time. If you buy the seasoning packet that's labeled "Cincinnati Style Chili" with a blue and yellow label it tastes pretty close to skyline from a restaurant. The trick is you boil the raw ground beef with water, seasoning and tomato paste. We use an immersion blender at the end to get the super fine meat texture.

I also have a good crock pot recipe that is completely homemade (you mix up your own seasonings). It's super tasty too. Both make pretty large batches so I usually freeze half and it reheats super well. It's nice to have on hand in the freezer because it's a super quick meal to boil some spaghetti, shred some cheese and reheat the chili. Way cheaper than the cans too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @KYmama9286 So trying that! Are you in KY? I live in Louisville.
  • Options
    A bowl if Cinnamon toast crunch a bowl of gumbo over rice and hot cheetos. (I hated gumbo and hot cheetos before becoming pregnant but my body wouldn't let me stop eating it
  • Options
    Well it's National Grilled Cheese Month so... you have to, right?

Last night was sharp cheddar, Monterey jack, caramelized onions, tomatoes, fresh horseradish, basil and a thick grain mustard on Hawaiian bread slices. (YES they make King's Hawaiian rolls in sandwich style loaf form. Life has never been the same) 
  • Options
    OMG @tinyfeets! Insta-craving! We have a local restaurant called Toast that makes like 3 different kinds of grilled cheese, served with tomato soup, natch. I think I may have to go there soon!
  • Options
    We had Chicken Veggie Stir Fry with Parmesan noodles tonight. Delish!
  • Options
    We're having crock pot chicken tacos! So easy. Dump the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in the crock pot, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours and of course add cheese, guac, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce :)
  • Options
    I had subway and doritos.... lol. Your dinners sound amazing though! =P~
  • Options
    Wow this thread is making me hungry AND giving me some great meal inspiration. Everything you ladies are cooking sounds delish. On the menu tonight at my house is some asian inspired cabbage and beef over rice.
  • Options
    I'm planning on leftover roast lamb and some baked orzo in tomato sauce (Greek Easter leftovers!), but my husband is late coming home and my son and I are filling up on crackers. Oops!
  • Options
    Hubby is fulfilling my craving yet again, and getting us a box of chicken strips from Krispy Krunchy Chicken! But yesterday I made homemade pizza with hard salami, green peppers, and onions. Was delish!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight's BBQ ... Nom nom nom
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Where has @PerkinsFam3 gone ???!

We miss you sweetie!!!

Come home!!!! >:D<

edited: forgot to add 'gone' duhhh
  • Options

We miss you sweetie!!!

I was just thinking the same thing!
  • Options

We miss you sweetie!!!

I was just thinking the same thing!
    I third this!! Red rover, red rover, send @PerkinsFam3 right over!!

If you're out there, we miss you! Oh and tonight, this vegetarian is gonna eat a burger!
  • Options
    @mybabynumber2 @barrolocarol @mrscaterosales Hi ladies! I'm on final notice so I'm keeping a low profile, though I admit I haven't checked the Bump in awhile.  All is well, baby girl is doing great.  I'll check in later, just saw some PMs too.  
  • Options
    @PerkinsFam3 oh hunni! It's great you replied! I've missed you and I know I'm not alone in saying that!
    Glad your little princess is doing well. Hope you are too xxx >:D<
  • Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited April 2015
    @PerkinsFam3 is back!!! You're a town favorite!

:-bd
  • Options
    @barrelocarol I had cheese coneys this week! Delish! I'm still trying to decide what to do today...stay tuned!
  • Options
    Tonight we're out having dinner!! A very very rare occasion! And yes! I'm having a glass of red wine, just the one lol!

These are just the starters..... Spicy prawns for me & green lipped muscles for hubby mmmmm
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Mains.... And my gorgeous .....hubby for desert ;-)
  • Options
    kkerner87 said:

We're having crock pot chicken tacos! So easy. Dump the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in the crock pot, cook on low heat for 6-8 hours and of course add cheese, guac, sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce :)

One of my favorites! So yummy and easy.
  • Options
    @PerkinsFam3 I CANT believe I never knew about coneys!! Amazing!! I bought Italian sausage to make these at home one night. My husband and I went CRAZY for them.

I went to make a second batch after we finished ravaging the first. Then we got into a tiff (see this week's WTF post) and I hit that pregnancy wall. The one where you're so full and can't stuff anything else in there.

I wasn't mad at the tiff (he was being really upset kind of funny) but I was ticked that it cost me shoving another one down the gullet.

And, to really show him up, I wouldn't clean up so I left it out instead of storing it away in the fridge.

My newlywed stubbornness cost me a homemade coney :(( Maybe I'll make up for it tonight.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    What's everyone eating this weekend?

In the Wood household tonight's menu is salmon, steamed with ginger and spring onions on top. Baby new potatoes with butter and fresh chives & salad with a house dressing
    ... And desert is Eton mess. Omg I'm so looking forward to the desert, strawberries, raspberries, whipped cream, crushed meringue with a raspberry couli. :-)

My obsession with food is becoming worse as the days go on. Plus I'm constantly hungry, 2 minutes after I've eaten!!

Edited: missed half the menu off as I'm starving and wanna get stuck in lol
  • Options
    @mybabynumber2 Yum, I want to come to your house for dinner!

Not sure if I told you but my hubby got a new work schedule and now he gets to be home for dinner 4 nights a week, which makes me so happy!

So last night we did that famous bbq buffalo chicken I told you about a few weeks ago, because that's his favorite. Tonight we're doing homemade burgers and fries with coleslaw :-)

Tomorrow night we're doing ceviche, but we're cooking the fish so that I can have some hehe