December 2015 Moms
Options

Do you take a nap?

AnnH74AnnH74 member
edited September 2015 in December 2015 Moms
So I'm just curious if I'm being a wimp and lazy and just need to suck it up buttercup or if there are other mommas out there like me. Most days I try to take a nap. I am 28 weeks have an almost three year old and a one year old.

Do you take a nap? 171 votes

Yes, I take a nap almost every day.
34% 59 votes
If I didn't have to work I would take a nap every day.
34% 59 votes
No, I don't take a nap almost every day.
29% 50 votes
SS
1% 3 votes

Re: Do you take a nap?

• Options
    I said Yes, but it depends on what's going on that day. I am at home with my daughter, and could take a nap during her nap, but sometimes she doesn't nap, or sometimes my feeling sleepy doesn't coincide with her nap. I took a catnap on the couch while she was watching Peppa Pig this morning bc I fell asleep.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Nope. I work full time, and on the 2 days a week I have off it's just me and my almost 2 year old at home. While she sleeps, I clean and prep for dinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I worked full time during my first pregnancy, so I couldn't nap. A lot of days I would be asleep by 8pm (and I worked an 8-5 schedule). With this pregnancy, I nap almost every day while my son does.
  • Options
    I'm always sleepy but hardly ever take naps. I feel groggy and gross when I wake up from naps so I tend to avoid them. :( I don't think you're being a wimp or lazy, you're listening to your body. Which is a good thing!
  • Options
    I don't usually take a nap, however I do not work and am able to sleep until 9 most days if I've had a rough nights sleep. I also go to bed fairly early most nights as my boyfriend gets up at 4:30 and goes to bed around 9 pm. I don't have other children either and rarely need to spend more than a couple hours doing housework etc.
  • Options
    I take a nap once I get back from picking my son up from school and again after dinner so I don't have to wash the dishes lol! On the weekends I enforce a quiet hour so I can nap... if I'm completely honest most of my life has been scheduled around naps since I was in undergrad hahahaaaa
  • Options
    I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and have probably taken a total of 5 or 6 naps. I work full time M-F...I have gone to bed and gotten up at same time as before pregnancy. I don't have any other children...just 2 dogs and a hubby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I can't take a normal nap, i say I'll sleep for a wee 30 minutes then wake up 4 hours later feeling groggy then i cant sleep that night so I avoid naps if possible!
    Though if you wanna take a nap every day then go for it your body needs it!
  • Options
    I usually fall asleep for a little while after I get home from work. I don't feel lazy at all. :)
  • Options
    I wish I could nap. Working 6a-6p leaves no time for that. I sleep from 9-4 lol.
  • Options
    No. If I nap I don't sleep well at night. I did in the first trimester because I could sleep 24/7 then but since 12 weeks no.
  • Options
    I am lucky enough to only work M-W and have a 2 year old who naps from 1-3. When I am home with him, I almost always nap when he is napping.
  • Options
    Some days I don't need a nap or it doesn't work out that I can get one. Then there are days like today when one nap just wasn't enough.
  • Options
    I nap every single day. No exceptions. This is my first pregnancy and it has drained me. I'm still trying to stay really active and have a very physical job (dance teacher!), so if the battery is running low I absolutely recharge with a short snooze. Don't feel bad or lazy. Listen to your body! If it needs sleep and you have the opportunity to take rest you should do it.
  • Options
    Hahaha...what's that?!?!  I work full time plus 2 part time jobs (personal trainer and photographer) plus 3 kids with crazy schedules.   
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me:34      DH:41      1 son: 6       2 step sons: 18, 12

BFP: 4/24/08 - Missed Miscarriage found 5/29/08

BFP: 11/21/08 - DS born 7/13/09

BFP:5/8/14  - Chemical pregnancy

BFP: 4/11/15....stick baby stick!!!

• Options
    Yes! I eat my lunch real quick then nap for about 45 mins in my car almost everyday at work.
  • Options
    I work from home and have a 2 hour lunch break so when I don't have errands to run or things to do I definitely take advantage and nap.  No shame here, I looooooove my sleep.  Plus DH is the greatest, when I obviously could be cleaning the house or doing laundry during that time he will call and tell me to go lay day and rest.  Love that man!
  • Options
    I put that I would if I didn't work, but truthfully, even on my days off, I don't nap BUT this is because, like PP, I'm weird napper (I'll sleep for 5 hours or I won't wake up until the next day, no joke, my body is like SLEEP TIME YEAH & gets carried away). My real answer is that I'm exhausted and really want to nap but I don't usually because my body doesn't nap correctly!

You're not being lazy! Getting adequate sleep and drinking enough water are the best things people can do for themselves, in my opinion. I am pro-nap! Nap on!
  • Options
    I feel AWFUL after napping so try not to! However for some reason, days of doctor appointments really drain me so I am able to nap pain-fee those days!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I'm not getting much sleep in the night, I find I can only lay on my left side without having some pain no matter how I prop but laying like that eventually makes me sore. So I do try and nap when I can, but this week has been so busy I have been unable to do so.
  • Options

Yes! I eat my lunch real quick then nap for about 45 mins in my car almost everyday at work.

Love this! Today as I dropped my first graders off at the lunchroom I actually thought to myself, "I wish I could nap at my desk for just a little bit."

• Options
    I mostly have one after a really long sleepless night. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yes I take a nap everyday and I still work some days 2 jobs and I have a 4 year old he started pre-k so it easier to take a nap now.... Do u know how much energy you use just creating a life.
  • Options
    I nap a couple times per week, I get insomnia if I get overly tired so I don't feel guilty about sleeping if I need too.