November 2015 Moms
Options

Things No One Told You About Being Pregnant

Of course we were all prepared to instantly love our baby more than imaginable and for nausea, but what are some things you weren't prepared for?

Congestion
Restlessness at night
Feeling like your breasts might actually fall off

Re: Things No One Told You About Being Pregnant

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The discharge and sweat
    How painful kicks to your cervix really are
    Constipation
    That you'll pee yourself at some point
    That nasty remarks about knowing how birth control works
    I'm sure there are more I just can't think of any more.

Twin mom wise: the natural comments and double trouble kill me
  • Options

Didn't think i would really want to slap my husband. But he is just saying a lot of stupid things!!

I really wan't to hit him with a pan on his head. somedays i just wish he woul move out and leave me and my son alone. We get along juuuust fine, but with the big child,dh, it' s just a battlefield. I really don't need the stress. I just need some peace and quiet....
  • Options
    The constipation, that morning sickness is all day sometimes and feels like your worst hangover. Being bloated, cramping, and the fear of spotting or cramping too much and it meaning something.
  • Options
    Burping!
    I never even knew that could be a symptom but I burp soooooo much and it can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing when out in public.

Also, getting sick without warning. Morning sickness is one thing, but smelling something and the immediately getting sick?I opened the trash to throw something away and the onion peels from dinner last night gave off a horrid smell and I threw up all over the place. It was aweful.

Also, my sense of smell is crazy right now. I can smell things no one else can/before they smell it and it's contributing greatly to my nausea. D:
  • Options
    Oh, and cramps.

Omg the cramps....I never experienced any of this with my first, his pregnancy was a breeze, but with this one I can't catch a break. D:
  • Options
    scw89scw89 member
    The sense of smell! I smell things no one does. And the nausea----NOTHING prepares you for it!
  • Options
    Just feeling like crap.
    What I didn't expect was having a craving for something, getting up and making it and when you're about to eat it, the thought of putting it in your mouth makes you nauseous. Waste of time, waste of food :( my favorite foods make me throw up now.
    Didn't expect the fear, any little thing freaks me out, I'm so worried Bout miscarriages and what not, it drives me nuts. Also my nipples bipolar ways one second they don't hurt the next it feels like someone's stabbing them. The sleeping all day is my favorite, until my bladder awakens me.
  • Options

How negative people's responses can be if you're not in the ideal situation. AND the weird sh!t people feel compelled to say in general. I would have appreciated knowing "now when you tell people you're pregnant they are going to say some really stupid things... try not to claw their eyeballs out because you're super hormonal" 

I work at a nursing home, and some of those old ladies have no filter! One woman (no dementia, mind you), who says whatever she wants regardless of who you are, said, "Oh! That's why you've been getting so wide!" Uh, listen bitch... hahaha. And one woman actually asked, "Was it on purpose?" None of your business!
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options
    Heartburn :( bipolar emotions lol. Boobs feel like they've been used as punching bags!
  • Options
    The days you go over your due date are time warps where time drags on and on...
  • Options
    I guess I underestimated morning sickness. It's the bane of my existence right now. That and the fact that I haven't been able to poop for like five days. Throw in some constant fear and some cramping, and you've got pregnancy in a nutshell.
  • Options
    Getting passed off at every little thing. I knew hormones would be high but damn. Ugh
  • Options
    My annoying symptom is definitely sickness but like all the time then hits me in the evening and feel like crying hate feeling nauseous :( all part of it though need to suck it up lol
  • Options
    OMG the emotion.
    I have burst into tears multiple times today, over the stupidest things. I know how ridiculous it is as I am crying, yet can't stop. I have shed more tears today than I have in the last 5 years!
    I called my husband about it, and then started crying again because he isn't home lol. Bless his heart he is so supportive and tries so hard, but I am pretty sure he has no idea what to do with me haha.
  • Options
    How looooong it all feels. Every day is an eternity, probably because of the sickness. And how the sickness coupled with the exhaustion totally interfere with any excitement.
  • Options

I knew about nausea and morning sickness, but no one ever mentioned that the first trimester would be a never ending hangover!

Yes! This.

• Options
    The random things that will make u so sick now that u never thought about before.
  • Options
    How you instantly begin to feel worry for your child, and that instant connection creating emotional havoc.

The congestion, I thought I was just getting sick but its been days I wake up congested. No idea that this was a symptom!

Also, not sure if its a symptom or just my hormones, But the last few days I've been getting old songs from like my childhood/teenage years stuck in my head and I HAVE to listen them.  My poor husband has to listen to all my oldies play all the time :) But they are just so satisfying, almost better than eating a craving! It's like I'm craving music :P
    BFP 03/02/15 // EDD 11/11/15 // MC 04/15/15
    If your a bird, I'm a bird.
  • Options
    Gas. All. The. Time. So over it.
    The constant worry about the what ifs.
  • Options
    I've been having the strangest dreams too! Before pregnancy I rarely remembered my dreams. Now I have very vivid dreams almost every night! I've started a journal and look up the meanings of the objects/people in my dreams and the symbolism is amazing!!
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    The fact that days that I feel good part of me wishes I was feeling sick, because the days without bad morning sickness scare me. I never would have guessed I would feel that way.

The biggest for me though is definitely the bloat and constipation. Like I've heard people mention bloating, but I was picturing more like period bloat, not I'm pretty sure I'm about to explode bloat.
  • Options
    LuLu213 said:

How looooong it all feels. Every day is an eternity, probably because of the sickness. And how the sickness coupled with the exhaustion totally interfere with any excitement.

Exactly my thoughts! Fourth pregnancy for me (6th including 2 MCs) and it doesn't get easier and you certainly don't get used to it!