April 2015 Moms
Options

Bath Time

So I'm sitting here bathing my daughters and I'm thinking about what bath time will be like with 3 kids then I thought, am I going to bathe them together when my son gets big enough for the bath tub. What are your opinions? What do you do with siblings of different gender? Something I never though about but my oldest is 3. She'll obviously see him while I'm changing him but then when is she too old to bathe with him?

Re: Bath Time

• Options
    I have two daughters and am also expecting a son. My girls are 5 years old & almost 3. I don't think there is room for another in our tub. I'll probably continue to bathe the girls together & the baby on his own.

I honestly don't see a problem bathing children of different sexes together, especially at such a young age. They'll probably get too big for all 3 to fit before it becomes awkward because of body awareness.

I'd probably just answer questions as they arise, and explain the difference anatomically between boys & girls.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure what we will do yet. Have a 2 1/2yr old girl, 16 mo old boy and baby #3 is a boy. When #3 is old enough, we might rotate with the same water. Start with older two, take out oldest and put in youngest. Only time will tell. @crichter18- what are your plans for walks/ outings? We have a double stroller, thinking of holding/wearing the baby I guess
  • Options
    I'd like to get a double stroller but idk which one yet. My 3 year old likes to walk and we usually go out with daddy so she listens good. Lol. Then I plan on wearing the baby. We have a the Urbini Omni and a little umbrella stroller so sometimes we might take 2 or I'll just buy a double.
  • Options
    Idk if I'll brave going out in public alone with 3 for a couple months. Lol. My one year old can be a handful. @Lida1182
  • Options
    kjuryfl said:

I have an almost 4yr old daughter and am expecting a son. I fully intend on bathing them together. We are a very open family when it comes to nudity so my daughter is around DH and I both when we are naked. She has asked questions about our anatomy and we answer her with simple age appropriate answers and move on. As far as when will I stop bathing them together I just plan to play it all by ear. I guess it really just depends on how your family is. There really is no right or wrong answer.

This is us too, but I was scared to say it!
  • Options

My 3yo DS and 4.5yo DD bathe together.

DD is aware that boys and girls have different parts - and beyond that we haven't had any issues.  If she expresses a need for more privacy, we will respect that.  Right now, the 2 of them love running the house naked screaming "we're all peach", so I don't think there is an issue yet.

My DD and DS will be sharing a room for another 3 years as well - until #3 is 3yo and will either share with DD or DS (team green).

We figure that by the time DD is 8yo she will either have her own room or share with baby #3 if it is a girl.

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• Options
    I am not in this situation but I see nothing wrong with bathing them together.
  • Options
    I grew up with three brothers, two of them younger, and seeing them naked/bathing together was no big deal for several years. You'll know when they're too old, I would think. But big sis seeing baby brother naked, shouldn't be a problem at all!
  • Options
    I have 6 yr old girl, 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy. All 3 fit in tub and I bathe them together. Have not had any problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"