Natural Birth
Options

Any Nashville moms?

And if so, have any of you looked into West End Women's Health Birthing Center?

Re: Any Nashville moms?

• Options
    Hi. I did and I loved it. I'm going back to them with my second!
  • Options
    We're seeing the West End midwives and have been really pleased. I'll be having the baby at Vandy. The birth center won't be open until Summer (or so they were saying a few months back), so it'll be too late for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am! This is my first baby; due in the spring! I absolutely love these ladies! My husband has  been to every appt with me and we both feel we are in excellent hands! I know a few other ladies who have gone to them and Ive heard nothing but positive feedback!

• Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    edited March 2015
    I had a baby with West End Midwives at Vanderbilt almost 2 years ago.  I am a Kentucky resident who chose to drive to Nashville for better natural birth options.
    I was unhappy with my experience because I feel like the midwife backed off way too quickly and put a doctor on my case.  I arrived at 9.5cm, and the midwife handed me to an OB because of decels during contractions. OB used a vacuum. I think it was all unnecessary.

I chose a home birth for my second child who was born yesterday.  It was a much better experience for me.

ETA: The point of this is, I would be concerned about the requirements they still have when answering to their "umbrella" physicians.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have used CPMs with both of my children. If you and baby are healthy, a home birth is a great option! 
  • Options
    Check out Nashville Birth Network, they are great for connecting expectant moms with just the right car provider!