June 2015 Moms
Options

Glucose Test

Re: Glucose Test

• Options
    Failed the one hour. Three hour is on Monday. I actually enjoyed the orange drink..tasted like orange pop to me.
  • Options
    Woot passed my one hour woot!!! So relaxing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It honestly isn't that bad. It tasted like a super sugary orange Hi-C to me. Not great but not the worst. It's a small waterbottle size so it goes pretty fast. I just downed it in a few minutes and then had to hang out. The only annoyance was that I wished I could rinse out my mouth to get rid of that sugar taste for the hour. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
    I had the exact same experience! Took 1 hour test today and passed it.
  • Options
    I had no problems nine years ago with my son however this time I failed my one hour test. My doctor wants to see 130 or below and mine was 143. I'm in the process of scheduling my three hour test now.
  • Options
    They had so much fun testing my blood I get to go again so they can do it three more times! Whoopee!
    And I get to start an iron supplement, too! Yay, upcoming possible constipation! I'm super excited! #-o
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Failed at 171. Waiting until next week so my one and only good vein heals. Wish me luck!
  • Options

Okay, I'm dumb I guess, but what what is so bad about the 3 hour test? I obviously know I don't want to do it, but not sure why (other then medical reasons). Lol please forgive my stupidity

Ooh, and my Dr wants us to fast for the 3 hour test. So even if I wake up early and down my drink at 7am, be there when the lab opens at 8am, I can't eat or drink until after 10am. I'll be starving. Also, who wants to sit around the drs office for 3 hours, when you will basically interact with them for maybe 10 minutes total over that entire time frame? Good thing I like to read.
  • Options
    Took my 1 hour today at 930am have been sick ever since anyone else have this happen ? This is my 3rd baby never had any problems with the other 2
  • Options
    gaylew5gaylew5 member
    edited March 2015
    passed at 82.  jeez. i drink a cup of pure sugar water and an hour later it barely hits me. no wonder i feel hypoglycemic 3+ hours after not eating (a healthy meal)
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited March 2015
    @gaylew5 I was an 80. Our bodies must be well-oiled machines in terms of processing sugar! I'm gonna grab another donut. (Also, congrats).
  • Options
    Currently in my 1 hour wait right now. Not sure if I'm feeling crappy from the sugar after a 12 hour shift, or the fact that I thought I was about to get blood drawn at the beginning so I started to get nervous. Either way...drink tastes fine :)
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    good luck!  everyone said the drink was so horrible that my expectations were really low for it and it ended up being "not that horrible".  and i feel you for the 12 hour shift. i work those too.
  • Options
    Good luck on your 1 hours, @dancegurl1118 and @Trunkschick17!
    Just had my fasting, pre sugar sample taken and downed my drink for my 3 hour. Fruit punch this time, instead of orange. Didn't taste too bad. It is reminiscent of chugging a cheap ass beer, lol. Hungry and don't get to eat for 3 more hours! Bleh! Just moved in and camped out in the lobby across from the lab with my book, my phone connected to WiFi and streaming Pandora. Cheers ladies.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who liked the drink? I thought it was good
  • Options
    The drinks aren't bad, fairly tasty tho flat. I even had the first one (orange) at room temp cause they forgot to fridge it. Towards the end (like the last two swallows) I found myself kinda choking them down tho cause my lab wants me to drink them as fast as possible, 5 min or less, and it was beginning to just be too much sweet all at once. There is *just enough* of the drink to get you to that point of 'ugh, too much sweet' right before you finish it.
  • Options
    I'm finishing mine up now. I'm worried I'm going to fail (it's a 2 hour test and I was told to fast for 10-12 hours prior to taking it) because of a few side effects. After the first hour I started to get light-headed and started experiencing hot flashes. I felt like I was about to pass out so they had me lay down and gave me a fan. Any one else experience something similar and still pass?
  • Options
    I just got back from getting my rogam shot, I got the results for my glucose test and I passed! Yipeeee I'm going to get a milk shake
  • Options
    I hope you're feeling good @mellymar !! Sending good thoughts that you've hopefully been able to finally eat something!
  • Options
    Going in for my one hour soon! I hope to god I pass!
  • Options
    Just got the call that I passed, wahoo! Buuuuttt also got told I'm anemic so that sucks, especially because I've been eating an incredible amount of iron fortified foods lately. Not sure how to include more but will ask at my appointment on Friday!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I chugged it for the three hour today while standing. The phlebotomist was laughing at me and I said, "what? I went to Penn State." Didn't even need to chug it though- orange wasn't bad. Getting 4 needles sucked though and I have felt jittery all day. Should have my results tomorrow!
  • Options
    @Mommaswizz thank you! I had some lunch (a cheeseburger n fries, mmm) and chatted with the neighbor for a few so I'm feeling just peachy now!
    @dancegurl1118 I'm in the low iron camp, too! I have to take a supplement. I feel like I feel better now, tho, since I started it on Friday. Peppier. I'm not bouncing with energy or anything, but I do feel not so blah all the time, and when I am up and about I don't feel as tired.

Just got the call as I was typing this - passed the 3 hour! I'm gonna eat some girl scout cookies!!! :-bd
  • Options
    @mellymar YAY for cheeseburgers and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for passing the 3 hour test!!
  • Options
    Just came home from the one hour. I had a fruit punch kind and it literally just tasted like kool aid. I didn't think it was bad at all!
  • Options
    I had mine today too. I was expecting an awful, syrupy, orange drink. It just tastes like orange soda. Not bad at all. Here's hoping I pass!
  • Options
    Failed my 1hr. In the process of my 3hr right now! One more blood draw to go! Had Orange the first time, this time was fruit punch. Staying posivite that I have this
  • Options
    Dude I've never drank alcohol before and I don't hardly ever drink soda. My go to is water so for me it is soo freaking hard to chug this crap. Ugh a week from wednesday. I think I'll avoid high carbs and sugar for the rest of my pregnancy over drink this drink!
  • Options
    I just finished the drink and I'm waiting for the 1 hr now. The drink didn't taste too awful it's just hard for me to drink that fast, I've always been a slow drinker. Here's hoping I pass this one so I don't have to do the 3 hour!
  • Options
    Passed my one hour!! Woot!! Now I'm eating cinnamon rolls. :)
  • Options
    So after I had my blood taken and left the lab I felt like complete crap. I now feel like I'm going to puke. I think the drink they gave me caught up with me and turned my stomach.
  • Options
    toodalootoodaloo member
    edited March 2015
    Literally just got off the phone with the nurse. I failed by only 3 pts. I am scheduled to do my 3 hr tomorrow. This is my 4th baby and the first time I failed. Also found out my iron is low despite taking 325 mg twice a day already. What fun....not!

Oh yeah, and I have to fast. Nothing past midnight tonight.
    imageimage

• Options
    alyralfs said:

I'm finishing mine up now. I'm worried I'm going to fail (it's a 2 hour test and I was told to fast for 10-12 hours prior to taking it) because of a few side effects. After the first hour I started to get light-headed and started experiencing hot flashes. I felt like I was about to pass out so they had me lay down and gave me a fan. Any one else experience something similar and still pass?

Yes. Happened to me after my first one. Just found out I failed by 3 pts.

imageimage

• Options
    toodaloo said:

Literally just got off the phone with the nurse. I failed by only 3 pts. I am scheduled to do my 3 hr tomorrow. This is my 4th baby and the first time I failed. Also found out my iron is low despite taking 325 mg twice a day already. What fun....not!

Yeah, fasting sucks. That is really a bummer about your iron, tho, considering you are already on a supplement already. Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    toodaloo said:

Did you ask if you could retake the 1 hour since you were so close?
  • Options
    I passed the one hour! Thank the lord!
  • Options
    Passed the one hour. They gave me a lemon-lime flavored drink, not the best but it definitely could have been worse.
  • Options
    I have my glucose test tomorrow morning around 8 and I was told not to drink nor eat anything after 12 pm til after the test that morning ... Does that also mean I can't drink water ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"