Baby Showers

Baby Shower theme

I do not know the gender of the baby, but can't help think of a theme for the shower. Any ideas?

Re: Baby Shower theme

• I just got an invitation for my friend's shower, it's a Backyard Baby-Q!

Not sure what they have planned, but if I were using this theme then I'd probably do picnic style decor (e.g. checked/gingham table clothes and napkins, tin buckets to hold drinks, maybe put up a clothes line with cute country style baby clothes -maybe make a game out of that, lanterns, mason jars, wild flowers, anything rustic, etc.) I'd probably serve sliders, baby-back ribs, and general summer BBQ foods (i.e. lemonade in mason jars, fruit salad, kettle chips, cole slaw, corn on the cobb, smores, etc.)

Go on Pinterest and type Backyard Baby Q in the search window at the top of the page and you'll see a ton of cute ideas. Good luck :)
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I do not know the gender of the baby, but can't help think of a theme for the shower. Any ideas?

Is the MTB using a specific idea for nursery? Otherwise honestly you don't need an actual theme. There are a lot of neutral colors out there you can use that decorate nicely.

• Loading the player...
  • Think of a theme that relates to the mom, or skip the theme and just use real plates and silverware, and decorate with tons of fresh flowers.
  • How about a storybook or nursey rhyme theme? Maybe animals, "spring showers", or a "ready to pop" theme or even a theme that goes with your nursery? Im decorating the nursery in a vintage circus theme so that is what my hostess has decided to go with for the shower.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• What about a "Velveteen Rabbit-Inspired Shower" idea? 
    If this one doesn’t hit you right in the childhood, you have some catching up to do.
  • I'm thinking about a Dr. Suess theme. 
  • Katerina&BabyKaterina&Baby member
    edited March 2015
    I've seen hot air balloon theme showers on Pinterest that are freaking adorable
  • One of my showers is Mister and Miss, the other is Tea for Two. Other ideas tossed around were Beau and Bow, and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Boy/girl twins.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • brita722 said:

I just got an invitation for my friend's shower, it's a Backyard Baby-Q!

Not sure what they have planned, but if I were using this theme then I'd probably do picnic style decor (e.g. checked/gingham table clothes and napkins, tin buckets to hold drinks, maybe put up a clothes line with cute country style baby clothes -maybe make a game out of that, lanterns, mason jars, wild flowers, anything rustic, etc.) I'd probably serve sliders, baby-back ribs, and general summer BBQ foods (i.e. lemonade in mason jars, fruit salad, kettle chips, cole slaw, corn on the cobb, smores, etc.)

Go on Pinterest and type Backyard Baby Q in the search window at the top of the page and you'll see a ton of cute ideas. Good luck :)
    So the idea of bar-b-que is fine but I don't get the whole baby-que thing. It makes me think of literally" bar-b-queing" the baby
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers