March 2015 Moms
Options

Cesarean scheduled this Monday! So Excited!

Due to placenta previa (where it covers the cervix) I'm scheduled for a c-section this Monday. I can't wait to meet my baby girl. Of course I'm a little nervous but nothing overwhelming. Any of you ladies have any suggestions for a faster recovery or tips for while in the hospital: )

Re: Cesarean scheduled this Monday! So Excited!

• Options
    No tips since I've never had a c section but just want to wish you good luck!
  • Options
    nmnguyen7nmnguyen7 member
    edited March 2015
    Don't lay in bed the whole time at the hospital. Walk around (a little bit- clearly don't overdue it) as soon as you can. And make Colace your friend.

Congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds great. Praying for a healthy delivery
  • Options
    I have been researching C-Sections as well. I do plan on natural but you never know. The below I have found to help recover faster and soothing ways to help heal. I have listed sites below.

C-Section Panty: https://www.cpanty.com

Creams/Sprays: https://earthmamaangelbaby.com

Few Tips:
    -keep hospital bed flat
    -keep incision dry and clean
    -relax in bed and do not push yourself
    -ask others for help

Wishing you all the very best!!!
  • Options
    I'm having a csection on Monday as well. It will be my second (with my first it was an emergency csection)

To make things smoother this time around I'm going to fast 12 hours before and try eating less solid foods a couple days before (eat soups, yogurt, smoothies) to help with the digestion and constipation issues I faced after my first csection.

Get up and walking as soon as they will let you and be patient with yourself. I tried not to take pain meds after the first two days and ended up in a lot of pain.

My son did great with breastfeeding so know that it can all work out after having a csection :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck. Went to 37 week appt. today and will have me C section date hopefully tomorrow. I had an emergency C section with my ten year old, and have a cerclage, so my OB is ready to do the section at 38.5 weeks. Hope all goes well with you and your little one!
  • Options
    I am having my third on the 23rd, plan to walk when I can but not overdo it like I did last time, been 6 years so it kind of feels new to me again.
  • Options
    Take it easy, relax , get up when u can and walk a little around All the best , Goodluck
  • Options
    I also have a C section scheduled for Monday. I have already purchased the C panties and I just bought Earth Mama Angel Baby C-Mama Healing Salve from amazon. I read some pretty good reviews so hoping it will work! The most common thing I keep reading is to make sure to walk so I am going to push myself!
  • Options
    I am scheduled a c sec tomorrow 3-13-15 a bit nervous! But more excited!!!
  • Options
    I had a c section on the 3rd I had preeclampsia so I was on some pretty heavy meds I couldn't walk until 24 hrs after the surgery. I suggest if you can walk around as soon as you can! being stuck in a hospital bed is miserable ! Good luck! :)
  • Options

I also have a C section scheduled for Monday. I have already purchased the C panties and I just bought Earth Mama Angel Baby C-Mama Healing Salve from amazon. I read some pretty good reviews so hoping it will work! The most common thing I keep reading is to make sure to walk so I am going to push myself!

This exactly. Monday I am having a scheduled csection ( my third after two emergency csections) and will say te second day was the worst both times but after that it gets much better. If you can I would say request stitches over staples!!! My first was staples and it was HORRIBLE. Stitches all the way!
  • Options
    Anyone have any recommendations for dinner? Don't want to eat anything too hard on the digestive system! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"