Trouble TTC
Options

My Intro....just looking for some extra support. Thanks for Reading!

Hi Ladies. I'm 27 and dh is 31 and we have been trying to conceive for almost a year now. I am dealing with low progesterone, endometriosis, and a cyst on my Fallopian tube. The endometriosis and cyst on my lt tube was removed on Jan 30th. I have my post op appt at OBGYN this Friday and to discuss starting Clomid for my low progesterone levels. My dh had a sperm analysis that showed low motility. OBGYN has ordered a second sperm analysis to confirm this. I don't know the actual percentage of the low motility but was going to ask this Fri. I was just wanting to introduce myself. I'm just looking for a little extra support from this community. Also a side note...I am a sonographer (ultrasound tech) and would be more than happy to help out with US questions. Anyway, that is my intro. Thanks for reading!

Also one question - if any of you have partners that have dealt with the low motility thing, I would love your input. I have heard that this can be reversed somewhat by a healthier diet, exercise etc. do you think there is any truth to that? Or were you able to boost the motility? His next analysis is at the end of the month.

Re: My Intro....just looking for some extra support. Thanks for Reading!

• Options
    My DH and I are currently dealing with low sperm count, motility and morphology. He has had 2 sperm analyses and is now seeing a urologist tomorrow. You can make minor lifestyle changes and take supplements to increase motility but that depends on how low the numbers are. It seems like the options we are now faced with is IUI or IVF. I hope you get some great answers and most of all conceive!
  • Options
    I know I'm late on this answer but I also have endometriosis (stage 4, tubes totallt covered)  We had been trying for over a year and finally got our BFP this month (naturally, no meds).  I have been seeing a fertility acupuncturist who has helped me tremendously.  Acupuncture can be helpful for female hormone levels as well as motility.  And yes, motility can be improved with diet and exercise as well.  I also did some enzyme therapy over the past 9 months.  Not sure which thing finally caused a baby to implant, but I'd be happy to talk to you if you have any questions about what we did. 

Good luck!
    YCSWU 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there! I'm a Sonographer as well... Sorry to see you on here, but it's nice to find someone with the same profession. I find it really hard dealing with infertility with the job we have... When I scan 2-3 obs in a day, I get emotionally exhausted :( It's also hard not to obsess and scan myself (I'm still in the process of getting a diagnosis on my infertility). Anyways....
    **Trigger warning**

Me: 25  DH: 28
    TTC Sept-Oct 2013

Journey:
    -Stopped BC pills Sept-Oct 2013
    -First ovulation June 2014 *8 looong months later
    -Very long and irregular cycles.  Sometimes spotting during tww. Always BFNs.
    -On cycle 9 of TTC: BFP @11DPO.

Testing/Therapy:
    -Hormone testing with Naturopath showed very low progesterone  
    -Prescribed topical Progesterone cream twice a day starting at ovulation
    -Husband's SA excellent  
    -My HSG normal.
    -Undergoing treatment by TCM (Chinese acupuncture/herbs)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"